Huracan LP640 Performante | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Huracan LP640 Performante

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Speed Demon 1, Oct 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    which is why this should become classic car in future. last of the superfast na cars. imagine it at pebble beach in 50 yrs

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    There's not a snowballs chance in hell that their ring time was set on a production car.

Definitely special order very soft slicks, maybe with a tire pattern cut into it. Proper racing seat, GT3 VLN spec suspension for the 'ring, extreme lightweight panels not for the production car and running much more power than the 640 they're claiming.

I love Lamborghini, I know all manufacturers cheat a little bit on the ring but this is taking the piss. 9 seconds of the Huracan GT3 time. LOL

3. Mclarenf1gtrlm

Mclarenf1gtrlm Karting

Oct 27, 2016
    You should know that GT3 cars run in low 6:30s around the ring during qualifying.

4. Bigwave

Bigwave Rookie

Feb 9, 2012
    It used semi-slick (but still road-legal) Pirelli Trofeo R tires.

From here:

Fastest Production Car Nurburgring Lap - Lamborghini Huracan Performante 'Ring Time

5. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
  6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Bas-it's legit. Trust me.

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    even if it is legit it is a little hard to believe

8. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    So many quotes are floating around the internet. Several sites and even lambo's own PR account claim trofeos, but a member on LP who asked the factory and of US sales, all claim the new corsas.

Quote:

I purposely asked this question to the factory reps and head of all US Lambo sales at the event.
    and they confirmed they were not Trofeo R's, they are the new Pirelli tire that was designed for the car and come standard.
    I just put trofeo R's on my Huracan so I was going to do the same on the P, but now I'm keeping the stock tires

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Can you elaborate?

10. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Go to the picture in post 67 on this thread-second guy from the right is my cousin and one of the aerodynamicts' responsible for the ALA system. Graduated from the University of Pisa, worked in the aero department at Ferrari, wanted to get into the F1 group but was too inexperienced, and got nicked with 5 other engineers to make the move to Sant'Agata.

He told me Trofeo Rs were used on the car.....

11. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    First of all Corsa would never turn a sub 7 on the ring as they suck. The rest I'll keep to myself for now lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

12. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    Just give me a hint. Is it juicy? Sour or sweet, for fans of lambo?

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Had trofeo rs on my exige, I thought they totaly suck. No grip and snappy till up to temperature, then ok, almost slick like but with terrible break away and inconsistent for 2 laps, then no grip.

I guess they are ok if you only want to set a production car lap record for 1 lap.

In any event Lambo hit the ball out the park. I already heard a year ago from someone who is a historic racer, chassis development engineer for another company and has driven everything that the Huracan is "the" drivers car amongst the moderns, esp on track.

The performante just amps it up.

Its also shows that the extra power of turbo motor does not necessarily bring results on track, and we know its less responsive/fun on street..

14. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    what is really amazing is the diff between the H-Perform vs the 488...I read nearly 30 seconds. That is incredible.

15. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
  16. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    Also, got this from a viper forum:
    As I understand it, this is not quite true. I currently own a Huracan. I was recently at my local Lambo dealer and we got into a discussion not the H Performante. The active aero system (ALA) was developed by Lamborghini and it is indeed supposed to be a game changer. What I was told is that Porsche wanted to see the designs of the aero system and Lambo would not give it up. There is a internal fight going on (both owned by VW). The shifts on my Huracan are absolutely crazy as a based model.

17. Bigwave

Bigwave Rookie

Feb 9, 2012
  18. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Incredibly 'reliable' source. At least he disclaims its just his opinion:

Now before Audi AG send the lawyers after me, I’d just like to say that what follows is only my own personal opinion.

Advent of automotive 'fake news'?:

DISCLAIMER: What follows, this ‘theory’ of mine isn’t unique at all. User JCViggen on Northloop.co.uk spotted it, so did a couple of my industry friends who’d rather not be named.

I don't truly understand why folks are so upset about this. Competition is good for all of us. Don't we want the car makers fighting it out for the best product? Many of us are turned off by Ferraris arrogant US selling process. Won't this make them possibly become less complacent with their products and how they treat customers?

I think so.

Celebrate what Lambo has accomplished.

19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Well said!

Sent from my 16M

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes, but the point still stands. There is no way a road car on road tires laps just 20 seconds shy of the race spec GT3 car in qualifying trim. No. ****ing. Way. GT3 Huracan with full restrictors still runs 500bhp, but has vastly more downforce and tires are way more sticky.

Well, I can't. I really wish to, I have nothing against Lamborghini (quite the opposite, I absolutely love them). Maybe it was a proper spec car that anyone can order, but I just don't believe the time. The 24 to 25 FPS theory seems much more likely to me, meaning a 7.08 lap time, which is still mega fast and I actually believe that.

21. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    When folks claim that Lambo is lying it comes down to...their opinion vs the integrity of Lambos entire army of engineers..maybe, just maybe they know more than you? Nah...

..not to mention the fact that many will be testing their own Performantes (magazines etc) to verify their numbers.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That's a very interesting post. Thank you for that. Again, it proves my point that lap times from manufacturers should be disregarded at worst but at best they should not drive your decision to purchase. A 5% increase in their video wouldn't be noticeable by anyone and it would result in a 16 second reduction in lap time. Intriguing.

23. schumacher12345

schumacher12345 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
  24. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    You all crazy. Nothin new. Someone wins, and the haters come running...........

25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i dont think its haters trying to spread the shade on lambo. its just that they have no real history of ring times as a company and time is so crazy fast. its hard to believe.

nismo gtr time of 7.08 was total bs in a car that wasnt sold to public, using special ecu and race fuel, etc but that was accepted since regular gtr had been impressive there for years.

this is out of blue despite all the new fangeled aero. it will probably be more accepted after geneva debut