The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 29 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    It's a matter of personal taste of course. If you ask me, the F12B did not look good in either Rosso Corsa, Rosso Scuderia or Giallo Modena. They all made it look bloated and somewhat fat. I don't think it's any different with the 812. Interestingly enough, many talk about getting darker colours to hide some of the details, but the solid reds and yellows completely flattens the surface - which basically leaves the car with only the silhouette so to speak. A bit of the same thing really.

I actually think the 812 will look good with the metallic colours, being it a Rosso Fiorano, Grigio Titanio or Bianco Italia. To me, it actually looks like the 812 needs something to give those large surfaces some depth and break it up. Blacks and really dark colours like Blu TdF etc. will of course work as it pretty much "hides" the whole thing, but I think it can also look good in some of the not-too-bright elegant metallic reds and lighter blues.

In essence, I don't think it's about hiding anything, I think it's about getting the best from what's there, and I think it was the same for the F12B.

2. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    New Red is called 'Rosso Settantanni' (70 years)

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thank you Tim for your unbiased first impressions of the 812. I think that it is telling that you were not enamored with the walk through even though you are a buyer. I think perhaps picking up the tdf at the same time gives a great perspective that others could not relate. These things involve so much passion one way or the other and a car will dialogue its presence to each that understand its language. I know things can change, and likely will, but that first encounter is a big deal. I wonder if you could comment on the comparison of engine compartments between the tdf and the 812. Are they nearly identical or did you take notice given the reported commonalities?

4. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier

I can't tell if cuoio is available with poltrona frau leather.

The only exemple we have here is Mark Moon's car. It has a fabulous "Coto" potrona frau interior, with "baseball" stitching

Pictures :

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144768108-post1.html
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144778407-post54.html
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144778417-post59.html

Here you will find the detailed tailor made project that Mark was kind enough to share with us.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/143525574-post1.html

Dear Deltona, I strongly suggest you to study that option for your interior. A grey 812 with such an interior will look fabulous.

Here is Mark's answer to my question about the differences in feel between normal leather and Poltrona F

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144778417-post59.html

Hope it helps.

5. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I really didn't pay that much attention to them aside from a new element of engine aesthetics which struck me as another step in the wrong direction and that is the ridiculous addition of a V12 sign cast on the front engine cover. This is a sort of Aston/Merc trait to point out to unknowing customers that they have finally achieved the pinnacle of engine ownership even though this configuration doesn't have much to do with their history. If you don't know that Ferraris heritage was built on the V12 and need to have it identified, I question if you really should be buying this car.

I would say the engine bay had more commonalities with the TDF than the F12b.

To me, the TDF is the absolute zenith of Ferrari design, a bridge between the past and the future, between Pinin and Ferrari Design Centre. I've said it before but now having driven it, this is a very special car even by Ferraris lofty standards. A genuine Classic before the production run has even closed.

6. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    As I've been saying ... this is the corporate cheese era. PFs subtle elegance dead.

ttforcefed would say there are no new classics! lol Yet I agree with you on the TDF

7. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks DC, that looks great. I couldn't see the questions about the differences in leather but I assume from the images leather is thicker than standard. The Cotto colour is true Ferrari to my eyes. Does anyone how the upgrade cost assuming Standard or Daytona seats for example? As you say that would look great against a grey exterior paint. Thanks :)

8. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Red diffuser. I am thinking that all that achieved was to make the rear appear taller and think black might be better, dependent on the body colour.

9. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Sorry Justin, the last link was wrong. Here you go

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144779252-post71.html

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    When you mentioned the 812 aero figures have come at the cost of design I fear this will be the new temptation at Ferrari Styling Centre. We might be induced in thinking that superb sports car design isn’t compatible with superior aerodynamics but history has shown that’s not the case. To prove it we have the great example of a car that Enzo Ferrari declared “The most beautiful car ever built”, drawn by a British aerodynamicist called Malcolm Sayer mainly using his predicated mathematical formulas rather than the good taste of Sir William Lyons which was better known at the time as Mr. Jaguar. That 55 years old timeless design that still has the power to turn heads is obviously the Jaguar E-type. The E-type costed a fraction of a Ferrari, yet exuded the same type of exotic charisma- may be more, and this was not an easy feat and mainly the product of design geniality.
    Someone once referred that “like a fine wine cars have a provenance and flavor that speak to their heritage and industrial DNA” and I very much hope Ferrari company won’t take the roots which will subvert these principles.

11. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I didn't think the 812 looked good in red either but the matte grey car was a different story. Having the rear diffuser in a contrasting colour made a big difference as did the colour. My friend who was with me at the preview and is a 599 owner loved the red car - so I'm sure there will be many different views.

Same for the F12, I never liked the rear and thought the car only looked good in metallic colours. The big let-down for me is the new steering wheel in the 812 - it just looks cheap and I don't like the way they've done the manettino or moving the horn to the centre. The carbon fibre version looks better but not as good as the old wheel.

There's a lot of discussion about the end of the PF era and now Ferrari taking on the design role. That's simply the natural way of things - even PF has changed and will evolve under its new owners. I think Ferrari bringing everything in house and balancing dynamics, aero and design is the way they have to go. The new cars we see now are the first steps in the new direction and it will be interesting to see how they progress.

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks Alberto !

13. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Unfortunately I have no Ferrari to verify in the flesh, but in my opinion it is only a kind of surface finish that over time you get older, rippling folds and crumples. Also I think this is a basic equipment, but during the Tailor Made, I think it can choose many kinds of more or less thick leathers.

If you notice after several months of use the leathers steering wheel and seats lose opacity and shine losing the original finish.

14. Jean

Jean Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Is there a central monitor that pops up in between the two vents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yes, in my eyes i see a similar effect.

But not "germanic", because i have the best experiences with german leather quality. :)

But i miss that special italian leather appeal...

16. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    No central monitor popping-up.

17. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I think that's a cell phone on a holder??

18. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France

Yes - an iPhone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Jean

Jean Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Yes, I see. A plastic phone holder on a Ferrari vent. Somehow doesn't look right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #722 MDEL, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    May be with the purpose of showing the two cars differences Motor 1 published the first picture below which is a kind of half 812 and half F12 tdf. The car looks really funny and extremely disproportionate and to my eye one design doesn't couple at all with the other.

The second is a sequence of pictures with the transition from a F12 tdf to a 812 and was taken from a video that is now circulating in the internet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  22. pitonisheee

pitonisheee Karting

Jan 3, 2017
    Ukraine