360Stradale 6-speed manual conversion | Page 34 | FerrariChat

360Stradale 6-speed manual conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by alberto, Jul 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#826 24000rpm, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    here's the LH door card, it is indeed 2 pieces glued together.
    My RH door car glue simply failed.

one bug i found in ferrari's parts inventory is that, 2 of the 3 little vibration reducers are identical, while the 3rd one is narrower in comparison.
    But ferrari list all of them as the same part #.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    My God, obviously a Ferrari that is actually driven :)

Pete

3. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Wow, finally at the end. Read from the start! Not all threads are updated almost 10years!

Great work with the car Trev. And helping the community out at the same time. Win-Win!

More power to you Sir!

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

Hi, I wonder if I only have the 430 challenge car wheel bearing and the single wheel nut and the rim&tire, can I do the centerlock conversion? I.E. using OEM modena caliper and iron disk.

5. Hacan

Hacan Rookie

Mar 8, 2015
    Hi Trev
    You are special guy,i have learned many stuff diy jobs from you thanks.
    if someone knows;
    i want to do egr delete for my 360.first off all i understand putting a 1mm inlet diameter tube (bore the size) in the pipes which goes to tbs's(like challenge cars).but i want to ask what can i do for the thin pipe on the oil tank which goes to the suction manifolds.

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Been a while since visiting fchat (kids, etc! taking too much of my time) but @ a moderator...

Q. What happened to the name of this thread? Why has it been renamed 'straddle' rather than 'stradale' ? Now the link in the sticky thread doesn't find it!

Weird...

7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I've created an Instagram with links to lots of new photos if your interested!

https://instagram.com/360trev

Would love for a few of you guys to say hi over there too ;)

8. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I'm following you, Trev.

360trev likes this.
  9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    :) Thanks

10. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    Hey Trev, awesome project!
    One thing, I couldn't find anywhere that you answered the question on how you deleted/disable the EGR, and also how it reduced drastically the engine temps. Would be great if you could let us know.

11. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Sorry, must have missed this.

EGR on this vintage of Ferrari is an old analogue system so you simply follow the EGR pipe work back up to the air intake and drill out a dowel that fits snugly within the pipe which does approximately 50% restriction on gas recirculation. You still need a little bit of EGR or the pressures will be too great from the gases escaping and you'd need to do the whole oil catch tank recurculation thingy which is a pain. This will reduce air intake temps and reduce temps significantly.

12. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    So you make the whole as big as possible, i.e. you dont block it off?

13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The diameter of the pipe should be measured, cannot remember its total diameter all these years later (!) then you need to place restriction bungs in each pipe but in order to prevent overpressure of the system it advisable to drill out a smaller diamter hole of around 50% flow of the original diameter. In other words get a big drill bit and drill through the bung.

14. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    OK gotcha, the dowel is extra, it's not the fitting that connects the tube into the air intake. Many thanks!

15. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
  16. Giovannikoll1

Giovannikoll1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2013
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Giovanni
    Thanks for that picture! I have a terrible rattling noise behind the LH door panel in my CS over 150 KM/H. And it gets worse up until 210 KM/H when the V8 screams louder than the door.
    My eardrums suffered significantly after driving 5 hours on Italian highways o_O

17. zipperkarting

zipperkarting Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    This is the system I’ve bought to install on my 360 Modena. I have also purchased a pair of cutout valves too but have yet to decide if anyone can fit these into the Timate system because of the difference in metals. I’ve bought 200 cell sports cats and a pair of Supersprint tubular manifolds which will be wrapped.

18. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Just out of curiosity why are the header intake tubes so tall on the Ferrari compared to other cars with V8s.
    I have been looking at a Viper with V8 and the whole engine is so much more compact and lower.
    I’m sorry if I’m being ignorant but I have been curious about this for some time.
    Thanks for comments.

19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It's to smooth the flow of air, which results in more HP.

This explains the concept pretty well:

https://thegarage.jalopnik.com/what-are-velocity-stacks-and-why-you-want-them-on-your-1792235442

It's not just about carbed cars, but fuel injected ones too.

zipperkarting likes this.
  20. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    As G. Pepper states, for optimal HP. Induction will have different optimal lengths for peak volumetric efficiency at a given rpm. 360 is variable/dual length for a broader power curve.

If you can achieve this length with little to no bends (going straight up as Ferrari does) you will gain efficiency over having sharp bends.

Mid engine/dry sump lends itself well to this optimal design as the engine is low in the chassis and behind you.

Many front engine cars do not have the hood clearance for something like this so you end up with intake runners folded over rather than standing straight up.

Also all Viper are V10 of course, I would avoid any with 2 missing cylinder :)

Chux360 and G. Pepper like this.
  21. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Personally I would like to know how to replace the filler cap. I bought the same titanium fuel filler cap but cannot find anywhere that tells me how to install it.
    Can anyone assist please.
    Paul

22. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Since it was designed for F430 I simply replaced my fuel filler neck with one from a F430, plenty about on fleabay cheaply.

zipperkarting likes this.
  23. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic

24. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just a quick update, article and video blog about my car is going to be published with a feature by SuperCarDriver (SCD) www.supercar-driver.com/ in the next couple of months. Also I've still been doing some updates in the background, more of which will be revealed soon but they include a -1.6kg weight reduced racing flywheel and some other goodies. more to follow ...

Sent from my S8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bas likes this.