Where best service TR? (NW London/Oxford area) | FerrariChat

Where best service TR? (NW London/Oxford area)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by wesnik, Mar 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wesnik

wesnik Rookie

Apr 17, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Niklas
    Hi all

Apologies if this has been covered before, but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I have a Testarossa that is coming up for service including belts. It is currently located in the Oxford area.

Would anyone be able to recommend a good service venue in the area or within reasonable driving distance?

Many thanks

Nik

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    would be great if you could introduce yourself a little and also fill out your profile
    this will help you and also the other members here
    thank you

3. wesnik

wesnik Rookie

Apr 17, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Niklas
    Apologies - relatively new to the forum so did not even know there was a profile page!

As for background, I've had the TR, which is my first Ferrari, for about 9 months now. It's mainly being used for weekends away or just a Sunday drive here and there. It has 25k miles on the clock, but the last 3-4 years it has only been driven about 500 miles per year. This is the first time I'm servicing it, so was looking for some guidance from more experienced members.

Hope this helps

Cheers

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Could try Autoficcina at Chessington or Houghton at Northleach

5. wesnik

wesnik Rookie

Apr 17, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Niklas
    Having asked around a bit more, I have been recommended QV London in Slough, Keys Motorsport at Silverstone and Dick Lovett in Swindon.

Anyone have experience with either of those?

Many thanks

6. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

+1 for Bob Houghton. My sense is good Indies are better for older cars compared to main dealers.

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thank you niklas

unfortunately I´m located in southwest germany and don´t know someone in or near london who could help you.
    wish you good luck and keep us updated please

also think over about changing the diff. have a look here in the forum about broken diffs and then decide

8. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I've used Keys for my 308 and been happy. It's going back there again for service once the paint shop have finished with it.

9. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Is Neil Corns still around? He used to look after the boxer of someone I know, in the Herts/Beds area.

10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Joe Macari in south London did a great job on my Testa and still do a great job on my F512M. Though it's the wrong side of London for you. I have heard good things about Dick Lovett Swindon, I have bought a car from them, good experience, but never used them for service.

11. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    I would suggest qv
    That is not to say anything negative of the others

12. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Would recommend Autofficina as Elias (one of the owners) is factory trained on the Testarossa and Peter (the other owner) owns one too. They looked after mine for 9 years. They have at least 2 in at the moment for work.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Can highly recommend Colin Clarke Engineering.Sarrat,Hertfordshire.

Good people,perhaps more famous for his Lambo especially Miura work but also looked after countless Ferraris from Mondial to 250 GTO etc etc.

14. bazzis

bazzis Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Sarratt, Herts
    SB race engineering in Watford are excellent, they service and race prepare all ferraris , and also do amazing restoration work, very easy to talk to and you will be talking to the person doing the work.....