Immobilizer Red Light | FerrariChat

Immobilizer Red Light

Discussion in '360/430' started by delaney, Mar 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    2003 360 F1 Spider.

Just changed out the right side fuel pump...no problems... took 45 mins.

Everything works fine...

Immobilized light is blinking... press the fob and it goes off. Car starts Perfectly, but the immobilized red light comes ack on... not blinking... a solid red.

Am I having a senior moment and it was like this all the time... solid red when driving...just thought it was always off. No CEL's no nothing. Cut the power for 30 mins...same story.

Appreciate input.

2. Koss2j

Koss2j Karting

Jan 9, 2012
    Newcastle Australia
    Full Name:
    Dale Collison
    From what i have seen and read on the forum it means your siren battery is dead. Can you set the siren off?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

3. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Agreed it sounds like a siren battery, but it's such a coincidence... no red light before fuel pump change...red light after!

Anyone else want to offer opinions?

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Siren battery

5. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    If I sourced an OEM new part , is it simply plug and play?

6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

yes

7. gobuffs2002

gobuffs2002 Karting

Aug 7, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    Plug and play as long as you completely cut the power off, disconnect the old siren, replace with new siren and then connect the battery.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

8. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Thanks, an important piece of advice.

9. TALON30

TALON30 Karting

Jan 8, 2010
    That is the same part as in a corvette. I cant remember what year. 1/2 the price and works fine

10. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Please take note that you may experience issues if you cross reference to the Corvette part.

There are several threads reporting that the cross referenced part though it beeps when arming an disarming, it doesn't "cry for help" when the alarm is triggered. I have one and it has this issue. The blinkers blink so you know the alarm system is tripped but no sound whatsoever.

Consider yourself warned on this cross referenced part.

11. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    Just as others have stated, siren battery. When I first got my 360, the red light was on steady when the engine was running/driving. There also was no chirp when turning off the disabler. I had the car in the shop to get work done, and I asked them to check the siren and replace whatever is wrong with it. It was a dead battery, it was replaced, now the car chirps when turning the disabler off, and there is no red light at all when the car is running/driving.

12. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    There was a good thread a while back about wiring in a remote battery to the original alarm/siren box that was located near the brake master cylinder making it easy to get to and change.
    Way cheaper, and better, than replacing the expensive oem part.

13. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

That's a great solution but many times it's not possible because the failed battery leaks and destroys the circuit board with acid. If you are inclined to do this, best do it before it fails. But most of us don't do that because we don't want to fix what's not broken.

14. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Got an OEM siren from Ricambi and installed. All is as it should be..chirps, lights and siren noise. I contemplated using the GM fix mentioned by a few folk, but I personally believe things should work as they were intended. Apparently the GM product flashed the lights, chriped the chirps but gave no siren noise. Just thought about someone tampering with the car if you're not in visual contact with it. Not much good if you can't hear it shouting for help. If the GM bit worked identically I'd have used it.

The date stamp on the old unit (made in Australia) was 2003, so it lasted 13-14 years..not bad. New one (made in Hungary) is stamped 2016 so I should be good for a while.

I know some of you folk like playing with these things, so if anyone wants my old unit...free to good home...just drop me a pm.

Again, thanks for the input that directed me to the siren.

15. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    I opened the old unit up . Board is perfect. 1 battery gave the required voltage...other was dead. If nobody wants this old unit to play with it's going to trash. If you want it...pm me.