2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera *Arancio, Mint* | FerrariChat

2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera *Arancio, Mint*

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by IMAGINETHAT, Feb 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IMAGINETHAT

IMAGINETHAT Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Palm Desert, CA
    Full Name:
    Len
    #1 IMAGINETHAT, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OVERVIEW
    This is perhaps one of the cleanest Superleggera’s left in existence and 1 of 46 in the highly desirable Arancio Borealis color. The car is in mint condition, was just serviced, and needs nothing. Clean title in my name. No accidents, no stories. It is lovingly cared for and stays covered in my garage on a battery tender. I have books, records, 2 working key fobs, the sought after “Superleggera” OEM car cover, tire inflator, and tools. Collector’s condition. Original MSRP: 246K.

Front lift
    Navigation (updated 2012, not that anyone uses it)
    High rear wing
    Carbon interior pack
    Rear view camera
    Steel brakes (no CCB’s)

I intended on keeping this car forever but my tastes have shifted a bit since purchase and am now looking for a good home for it. The car is located in the beautiful Palm Springs area of Southern California.

VIN
    ZHWGU43T08LA06742

HISTORY
    I am the third owner. It was sold new from Lamborghini Dallas. I purchased the vehicle from a fellow enthusiast whom also took excellent care of the vehicle. The car was never tracked or driven in inclement weather from my knowledge. I have most service records from the previous owner and obviously all records from my ownership.

Owner 1: New to 4,902 miles
    Owner 2: 4,902 to 8,612 miles
    Owner 3: 8,612 to current (myself)

Current mileage: 9,998

The car just received an annual service at Raging Bull Performance (the dealer alternative in Southern California). An e-Gear snap was done showing 82% clutch life remaining. I’m very careful about my driving habits and prolonging clutch life. Frank went over the car and it needs nothing. No CEL’s.

MODIFICATIONS
    The previous owner performed a few tasteful modifications to the vehicle. It wears an updated LP-560 front end with carbon splitter which definitely freshens up the look of the car. It is also slightly lowered on factory shocks (I would say ~ 1/2”). The Scorpius wheels are painted gloss black and the calipers are painted Arancio Borealis. The car wears Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position tires that were installed 11/2015 and only have ~1300 miles on them. The front bumper, hood, fenders, side mirrors, and small bits behind the wheels are covered with clear bra. I currently have it in ‘free exhaust” mod mode but can revert it back if the new owner wants (you bet I kept the original OEM hose too). The car also has skid plates on the front bumper for protection. I also have the original factory front bumper (perfect condition) to go with the car if the new owner desires. It is currently hanging on my garage wall (stole the idea from the previous owner) and makes for a nice piece of art while there.

CONDITION
    This car is in amazing condition. It is by far the cleanest SL I have seen. The paint shines beautifully (no swirl or love marks). I rarely use much water when cleaning it and always use the two bucket method when required. No dings, dents, scratches, or delaminating carbon fiber. All wheels are perfect, no curb rash, bends, or scratches. The carbon fiber rear diffuser is also perfect with no exhaust drip stains that I have seen on several cars. The interior is in equally amazing condition. The alcantara seats are in great shape (no rips, no stains) and the carbon fiber interior is perfect. The steering wheel is in good condition but the alcantara is matted down like all the others. If I were to keep the car this is the one thing I would change. The “Superleggera” side decal is a nice deep black and does not have the washed out appearance that many other SL’s have. I don’t park next to other people and only drive the car to areas where I can see it.

SUMMATION
    This is a perfect turnkey example of a true limited edition car. Besides STS’s and 6-speed LP’s, this in my opinion is going to be an appreciating collectible Gallardo. Please do not compare this to less desirable colors, higher mileage cars, or those with heavily tracked or unknown histories. This is my second Superleggera and I follow the market closely, that said I do believe this to be the best example on the market and is priced accordingly. Let me know should you have any questions. Thank you.

Please No dealers, brokers, or wholesale offers. Lowballers will be ignored.

$149,888

balticblue *at* gmail.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Nice car. Really long ad...does it tell us how many miles anyplace?

3. IMAGINETHAT

IMAGINETHAT Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Palm Desert, CA
    Full Name:
    Len
    Sorry, edited original posting. As of today there are 9,998 miles.

4. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    wow, I was expecting more based on the price. This sounds like a great car for a great price. GLWS.

5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That is a truly beautiful car. GLWS.

drewicx likes this.
  6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking car. shouldn't last long

7. lewie

lewie Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    lewie
    Very nice sales advert for a beautiful car.

Have made an update for this car in the Gallardo Superleggera VIN registry, and also placed a link to this site on the front page and the for sale section.

GallardoSuperleggera.com

8. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Several years ago I spent some time driving a friends SL that had the CCB option. The brakes were incredibly grabby and took some getting used to. I'm wondering if that's typical of pre-LP SLs with the CCB option or if the car I drove had an issue? The reason I ask is I noticed the OP's ad specifically states non-CCB. I have owned several other cars with CCBs and they've all been exceptional.

Absolutely gorgeous SL, it doesn't get any better than that color.

9. IMAGINETHAT

IMAGINETHAT Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Palm Desert, CA
    Full Name:
    Len
    Thank you for the positive comments gentlemen.

Yes, the color really pops. I owned this exact model in Nero Noctis (black) and didn't even get half the amount of attention this car gets.

The exhaust note on the '08 SL's in particular have garnered a cult like following - people ask what exhaust is that and are shocked when I tell them its stock.

In regards to the brakes. In '08 the CCB's were not quite perfected and tended to be too grabby for street use. While improved on the '09 and up LP cars, IMO the steel brakes were the better option in '08, however I do not track the car.

10. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Looks like a beautiful example of a 2008 Gallardo SL!!!

If I was on the market, I would consider this one for sure!

11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Just imagine if lambo made these with stick shift? $350k? More?

Its a beauty, glws

12. Bigwave

Bigwave Rookie

Feb 9, 2012
    They kind of did with the 560-2 50th Anniversario edition.

13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    How much do those go for?

14. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Theres SL 6 speeds, Lp570 6 speeds, and perfemonte 6 speeds as well.

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    hmmm, they would make a nice alternative to a scud for someone who wants a stick

16. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    There was a black gated SL that came up on one of the Lamborghini forums a couple of years ago for I think $155k. I couldn't believe it was for sale.

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    amazing value at 1/2 price of scud AND a stick. imagine a stick scud? would cost $500000!

18. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Well, a nice discount to scuds, but not half...

A 10k scud is not $300k. There are several scuds with between 8-17k miles on cars.com with asking prices from $195k to $224k.

[The one guy asking $300k is obviously way out of line with reality...there's always at least one :) ]

Still, these lambos have always been cheaper than their Ferrari counterparts.

19. IMAGINETHAT

IMAGINETHAT Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Palm Desert, CA
    Full Name:
    Len
    According to numbers available to me, only 7 three pedal '08 SL's were produced in U.S. spec. A few have been twin turbo'd so it would be nearly impossible to find an original one.

Again, this is an e-Gear vehicle.

Current mileage: 10,200

Had 4 brand new OEM TPMS put in at Lamborghini Newport yesterday. The new owner will not have to worry about replacing them for a very long time.

20. lewie

lewie Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    lewie
  21. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam