My New 2017 Handling Speciale | FerrariChat

My New 2017 Handling Speciale

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by wrs, Mar 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #1 wrs, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I didn't order it but someone else did and didn't take delivery. They only left off a couple things I would have wanted and those are being added gratis. The Homelink mirror and a backup camera. Here it is. Within one week we became an Italian garage from a Porsche Garage. The CTTS was traded for the Maserati QP GTS last weekend and now I traded my 991TTS for the Cali.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #2 wrs, Mar 31, 2017
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The two tone seats are very attractive. Congrats and enjoy.
    T

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks!

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Congratulations! Looking forward to your impressions as I've pondered a 911 Turbo recently.

6. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulations! Very beautifully specced California T! Good choice!

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It kind of depends on what you want. My daughter says the 18way seats in the TTS are better because they cradle her, I guess that is the bolster adjustment. I love these seats. My car had 725hp and my goal was to get below 10.5 ET in a quarter mile and above 136 trap speed. I ended up getting 10.50 at 137 on race gas with only a 1.7 60ft but on pump gas at a county road I cut a 1.55 60ft resulting in a 10.4 @ 132 quarter. I also turned a 6.5s 60-130 so I really tuned up the car. I had probably $30,000 worth of performance parts in the car along with a number of custom tunes I could dial up with my Cobb AP. The 991.1 platform is amazingly tunable.

I came from a M5 that I only got 11.9 @ 125 out of. When I first bought the Porsche in Aug. 2014 it did 10.9 @ 125 out of the box. I progressively modded it over the next two and a half years to what I previously described. The ground shook when the car started up and you could hear it coming two blocks away. It's good looking car and low key. I am already getting way more notice with this car than I did with the Porsche. Most people were surprised I sold the Porsche but I was ready for a cruiser albeit something with style and performance. That is what I really like about the HS package. It definitely hits the curves and it holds 2222 as well as the Porsche did but it screams at 6000 rpm around the curves in 2nd gear at 55 mph. This is a road with lot's of S curves in it that runs by the river here in Austin.

In a lot of ways that car would be a step up from your 30 but in a lot of ways it's a step down from a Cali T which is why I wanted the Cali T. I am glad I got a new car and got listed as the original purchaser because I will now be able to order a 488 GTS to my spec for MSRP in a year. That car is going to have the power, speed and style but I didn't want to jump right to that by taking a used one. I think I moved sideways and I love the style of the Cali T but not the 911 Cab so I would not want a TTS Cab, not an option. I will wait to see what they offer with the 992 before considering a 488 GTS order but by then the 488 GTS may be just way better. Here is a link to my youtube channel where you can see my car at COTA and hear some exhaust videos and drive bys if you are interested in seeing what a 911 Turbo can offer.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEO-BGwnjOCXmbjDsk1mSmQ

Thanks, I have been looking for a year and had to jump on it when I found it.

8. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    #8 SB27, Apr 5, 2017
    .....To the Grigio Alloy California T Club. There aren't that many of us. The color is just stunning and people go wild when they see it -- especially on the California T.

9. Peter P

Peter P Karting

Dec 22, 2011
    Boston area
    Perhaps I can join your sister Grigio Alloy club for Cal30's... Remains my favorite color, but then again, I may be biased.

10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #10 wrs, Apr 6, 2017
  11. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Congratulations. Looks great.

12. sentrazac

sentrazac Rookie

May 21, 2016
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Zac
    Congrats man, quite the dream garage with the 2 Italian beauties and the black Rover in the driveway.

13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The California is the most Porsche like of all the new Ferrari models when I sold my last California I bought my first 911 for a try now I have several Fcars and my 991tts is my DD and so easy to drive reminds me most of the cali best of luck

14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The 991tts is a great DD but that front lip is expensive to replace so be careful with parking stops and curbs, that was the biggest downside on that car. The front of the Cali is a little higher but I still have to be careful with it. The Cali drives great, I love driving it. It has a different feel than the 991tts and I like the exhaust better on this because it revs higher and it's a V8. My tts went to a good home.

Yeah, that RR is a necessity, I have to go out to West Texas and into the piney woods of East Texas and it can go both places. It's also a great hauler of stuff and the grandson.

Thanks

15. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    wrs, you lucked onto the best of all possibles, congrats! A new Cali T spec'ed as you would have done, and the right to spec your own new 488 GTS. Neat. With top up your Cali T makes me think 'silver front-engined Porsche' - a latter-day 928 ;-)

If I were getting a new Ferrari today it would be a Cali T with handling. In my mind it would be Tour de France blue/cuoio - but that car really does look splendid in silver, er, argento.

16. cranky

cranky Karting

Aug 7, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Michael S
    looks like you share my values -- more car than house

17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    LOL! Funny you should say that. I bought the cars because IMO, beach property at Port Aransas is currently overpriced and heavy with inventory. We have plenty to keep us busy with upkeep on our 22 year old house. We have lived here 20 years and have replaced a lot of things the last 5 or 6 years. We are getting fake grass around the pool and getting our backyard landscaped and then it's on to the master bathroom remodel. Houses are a little different than cars since they don't depreciate so much but they do wear out like cars, albeit less noticeably I think.

Yeah, whatever silver it is, I like it!