F1 Clutch Job | Page 7 | FerrariChat

F1 Clutch Job

Discussion in '360/430' started by Andrie, Jul 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mechanicservice6

BANNED

Feb 13, 2017
    Call dealer and ask by vin... or get part#

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    MY08 F430 and all Scuderia/16M are CFC301

3. steelej

steelej Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    UK
    Tried to PM but your PM box is full :)

John

4. cclassics

cclassics Rookie

Jun 21, 2016
    Langley
    i got it connected to my F430 today--

had the time to try it on some cars next door- a R8- Aston Vantage - there was a gallardo there but this has no Lambo marque in the menu..

we got clutch readings on all 3..

my f430 was 4167 i believe- he had connected a SD3 to it last week and it showed 4% worn on the clutch (it was new before parked for winter)

so how do we interpret the readings- the aston was 3129 approx and the R8 was in the 2900s..

is there a negative and positive value that represents the range of a new clutch
    like -2000 to + 13000 ?

5. cclassics

cclassics Rookie

Jun 21, 2016
    Langley
    any idea if there is an update coming that will include Lambo? i tried the audi marque to connect to the gallardo but it wouldnt connect-

6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Only the Ferrari was provided ...you would have to pay to get other manufacturers.

Thank you Mechanicservice6!

7. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    From what I remember that's a classic sign of connecting diagnostics with the incorrect TCU type selected. Connecting to a CFC301 as a CFC231 will return a very large integer instead of the rationalised value.

8. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    Anyone get the software to work on a 360?

9. mechanicservice6

BANNED

Feb 13, 2017
    I know with VCDS which is used for audi vw bentley and lambo... thought audi or vw would have worked.... ill ask the developers about it

10. PitDoggie

PitDoggie Karting

Jun 21, 2014
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Full Name:
    Paul Williams
    Did you get a new reading with different results....ie a wear reading that makes sense?. Just wondering. Car is coming in about a week and a half or so. Just now downloading the software to the tablet.

11. Toonfosi

Toonfosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2014
    Valley Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Chad Woods
    I assume you're referring to the "Clutch Wear Index" option on the XDiag? I checked mine on my 09 Maserati GT-S (w/ F-1) and the value was 4000 (also, big thanks to mechanicservice6- finally able to reset my service light!)

Check out about 3/4 down the article for bit about the "Clutch Degradation Index"

https://aldousvoice.com/2014/08/07/ferrari-f1-clutch-operation/

12. cclassics

cclassics Rookie

Jun 21, 2016
    Langley
    thanks for the Aldous link--

i will connect my car again and see if i recalled correct.. my car has about 10 miles on the new clutch before winter--

__ here is the excerp from Aldous

The TCU also calculates a parameter called the Clutch Degradation Index (CDI). This is a measure of how good the clutch is at transmitting the torque and is auto calibrated every time the clutch is closed. It is a number between 0 and 10,000, with the default value of a new clutch being 4,000. A clutch with a CDI of below 4,000 is biting brusquely and operating well. CDI over 4,000 indicates that the clutch has a tendency to slip. The normal value for CDI is 3,000 to 4,000.

The TCU uses the CDI to adjust the Torque Transmissibility Curve. If the clutch is deemed to be biting well then the TCU will close the clutch more quickly (and vice-versa).

13. Kevin R

Kevin R Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2017
    San Clemente, CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Reynolds
    Mechanicservice6, I would have sent you a PM but I'm new here and can't send PM's yet. Will I need the adapter and android pad before I can receive the software?

Thanks,
    Kevin

14. cclassics

cclassics Rookie

Jun 21, 2016
    Langley
    having the software does you no good unless you have the adapter- you need to follow the 2 videos on installling x431 (free version) to register dongle serial number
    then have to follow the youtube video to do the crack to enable the pro version-

so having the link to the software is of no use as you cant open it without the hardware

15. Kevin R

Kevin R Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2017
    San Clemente, CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Reynolds
    Thanks that makes sense. I ordered the adapter this morning. Where do I find the 2 installation videos for the free version? I searched this thread and I don't see them here, did I miss them? And where would I find the link to the YouTube video to do the crack?

Thanks,
    Kevin

16. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Can someone please PM or email the required links or attachments for the software? I already bought the yellow adapter.

Thanks fellas!

17. mechanicservice6

BANNED

Feb 13, 2017
    It should work its all part of audi group![​IMG]

18. Kevin R

Kevin R Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2017
    San Clemente, CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Reynolds
    Got the LAUNCH adapter, got a Samsung 16gb tablet, and successfully downloaded the X431 Pro3 software. Connected to my 2001 360 F1 and it all looks good as far as communication to the car with only one exception so far. I cant seem to get connection with the F1 Gearbox, it doesn't see it. Anyone else using the X431 on their 360 find this also?

19. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    07 430 here and x431 seems to work. Haven't tried any of the actuations such as relearn or bleeding.

20. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino

Holy cow! I can't imagine what they could have possibly done to rack up $9k for a clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi

Tell me about it. In Chicago, labor is about $1,600. Parts will run you at about $3k if you know where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Included a clutch position sensor and fly wheel. It's actually common for clutch jobs with those components to be $9k range at official dealers. (I've priced it at several).

Of course it can be done for less with your own labor or an Indy shop.

23. Pwcpro785

Pwcpro785 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2011
    New York/Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Could someone PM me a link or a way to get the software.......Please......Pretty Please....

24. mechanicservice6

BANNED

Feb 13, 2017
    Ferrari version 10.22 is out xdiagpro3

25. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've had chance to use the software. On the whole it works OK. I can connect to most modules which in mine are 16M / ELP.

Of note:

Gearbox CFC301 (TCU/NCR)
    The available parameters are the same as AE and in fact some of them are named incorrectly in exactly the same way, e.g. "Self-Calibrating Position for Minimum Selection 1A" instead of "SELF-CALIBRATING SELECTION POSITIONS - FIRST" in the SD3.

The complete list is: https://www.autoenginuity.com/wordpress/products/oe-level-coverage/ferrari-and-maserati-ei18/enhanced-ferrari-engine-module-list/#GearBoxMarelli301F_sensors

Manual PIS works OK.

I am going to OBD flash a spare TCU to make a backup copy of my new Scuderia TCU and I will report back on how that goes - it is the upload/download functionality of the SD3 introduced for the MY08 TCUs.

Later in the week I will also try a clutch and actuator bleed, out of interest..

Digitek cluster (NCS)
    It connects but does not read the fault codes or parameters correctly. The characters displayed are garbage, so this part needs more work.

Capote (CTS)
    Doesn't connect on mine (MY08). I have tried all types of F430 model to connect i.e. F430, ELP, 16M, Challenge etc.