The KIMI SUCKS Thread | Page 51 | FerrariChat

The KIMI SUCKS Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Neonzapper, Jun 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Push him out and put in Alonso, Sainz etc. Why wait another full year. His title was long ago and with the public comments on him fairly abrasive from the top of the organization, he might want to drive more and talk less. He can go to Williams when Felipe leaves LOL

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I still think people are too rash now. Qualified 2 tenths off Vettel on a big track, so obviously had speed here. He had issues during the race and got ****ed over by the strategy...exactly how they got their calculations that he ''should'' be able to get to the end of the race on that set of tires is beyond me. Losing 3 seconds a lap should've got their alarm bells ringing (he was already asking to be pitted before this). There was no running on Friday so little data from there, the track was green again as well, so how much data could they realistically have gotten? **** all so they should rely on what their drivers tell them. Even if they trusted their numbers, they're idiots for being unable to multiply 3x18 = no ****ing points!

Last year Marchionne was meddling with the team as well, telling Vettel has to earn (this years) drive...Look at things now! Marchionne should stick with reading his accountancy books and finding sweaters to wear.

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Some peeps have a short memory ..i mean was Kimi all that bad in 2016?

As for the sweater man going public with criticism of Kimi after 2 races is really ridiculous,lets see how it looks by mid season,then talk about it.

4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Is he Massa in disguise…???

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Apparently he has only one sweater.

6. DF1

I dont think they are patient this year at all. Id rather not be in Kimi's shoez at all. Sergio and Arriva let Vettel know bluntly last year he didnt need to be messing in the team business outside of driving. None of this is a surprise but the future is now and Kimi is not it at all. I think he needs to go and sooner rather than later. They should not have kept him last year. Same for Massa. He's done.

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

This already seems obvious.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    All the more reason to go down the shops and buy another one.
    To be fair he was good last year, Seb is their #1 driver regardless...Ferrari extended his contract for another season so they must've had their reason.

IMO Ferrari just needs to be clever about it. Either tell him in the private conversation that they're making the decision to back Vettel and Kimi is #2. If he's not up to that they'll find a driver who will play #2, or Ferrari hires a superb, young driver like Ricciardo or Verstappen (actually not like, just either one of them) and have him sit alongside Vettel.

The risk they'll take with a dedicated #2 is, will he be as good as Kimi? What if the driver they'll hire isn't as good, what will they do then? Or what if the new #2 will cry to the pres 3 races in saying that Vettel gets preferential treatment?

The drawbacks of 2 #1's are obvious, as are the advantages. All I do know is that Italians aren't that organized at the best of times, let alone when they have to manage 2 ego's instead of 1. I'd honestly LOVE Ricciardo or Verstappen to be at Ferrari next season.

Sacking Kimi now won't do any good. Rather let him finish the season, sign up whoever they want to sign up and be done with it and part ways amicably and definitely don't air the dirty laundry in public! It makes the team look disorganized and frankly, idiotic. It's 2017, there are other ways to communicate than by newspaper.

9. DF1

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not disputing the 40 seconds, but that's not the whole picture is it. He was battling car issues, and when he wanted to pit Ferrari took no action. At one point, he was starting to lose 3 seconds a lap (!), and it was only when he was again questioning his lap times vs what the others where doing, Ferrari finally woke up boxed him....far too late! Had they boxed him earlier he'd have caught up far quicker with the Red Bulls.

In fact, I've looked at the lap charts and Ferrari let him drive for 6 laps (!) when he was losing over 2 seconds a lap...yet no alarm bells where ringing, except from Kimi's cockpit! Once he pitted he was over a second a lap quicker than the Red Bulls. He should've pitted when he asked, he'd have lost 10 less seconds + gained at least 5 more on pace alone.

11. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I'm 100% with Bas on this one.

12. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Still not a good reason to hurt the team and block Vettel. In fact its a great reason why he should have allowed Vettel to pass within one lap.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ah yes, because at the very beginning of the race Kimi knew he'd be royally ****ed by the strategy. Gotcha.

:rolleyes:

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    What about Vettel(not getting any team orders)? There he was sitting behind Kimi for several laps all the while we are hearing Kimi communicating to his team....then Vettel, I believe, just had enough of it and passed his team-mate...and left it at that. I got the feeling that Kimi was communicating to his team and Vettel was just behind him with no team communicating to him which leaves me to believe if both Vettels team and Kimi's team were communicating to each other as to what to do?????.....and they waited and waited and waited....all the while Vettel is losing time against Hamilton.

Something was going on with both teams during that time span and to me it did'nt look good during this race.

15. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

His car must have cruise control. He starts well then after a lap or so he sits there. Doesn't seem to be racing. Same as last year. Consistency is well and good but engage.

16. Eb110

Eb110 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 5, 2016
    You know it's time to retire when a guy in an inferior car (over a second a lap) starts from the back of the grid and beats you on pure pace. Good job verstappen. Move over Kimi. You are costing Ferrari precious points.

2018 WCC will go to whichever team (Ferrari or Mercedes) can secure a solid number two.

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't care less about the WCC. Consolidation prize at best

18. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1268 andrewmr, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    This.....

Ferrari would we wise to bring Alonso back. And it would be wise for Alonso to go back.

It puts Alonso in a competitive car and gives Ferrari the best 2 driver combination in F1.

19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Didn't 'Nando burn a few bridges in Maranello?

20. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    That would be good as Kimi sucks and Alonso's career will die if he doesn't leave McLaren/Honda.

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep, it was a case of 'im fed up being second, i'm off!' Unluckily at that time neither Mercedes or Red Bull wanted him (pretty much the same as now) so he ended up at Mclaren not really by choice..he really shot himself in the foot.

Finishing second in a Ferrari must seem like a distant dream now.If he was fed up then you can imagine how it feels now .

You make your bed and you have to lie in it.

Spygate/Crashgate/tantrums etc etc was all very very real ,you cant hide that stuff.I cannot imagine him and Seb hitting it off as joint No1 at ferrari ,it's not going to happen.

I find it hard to feel sorry for the guy ..earning $40+ mio pa.

22. DF1

Kimi is interesting but his episode is predictable. His sensitivity is his weakness and he is inconsistent in terms of pace and results. He could be the difference between 2 titles or just 1 and he cannot be completely counted on to get wins if Vettel has issues or is not racing at all. Sorry he is old news, and very much beyond saving and that was evident when FA was at Ferrari.

Again I didnt miss him when he left the first time and not this time as he will be gone at the end of the year. I have no doubt. One or 2 more weak results and he will be finished.Its not a happy or sad event and the same is true for Massa, the sport moves on and drivers get older and less efficient.

23. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    That's a bit cruel, Kimi and Felipe are top notch drivers ..... Felipe is just padding his superannuation :)

Kimi could turn it all around and win the rest of the races this year and retire on a high ........ if he is motivated enough

24. DF1

+1 on your statement. Kimi has the potential and the problem is predicting when that will be available. I dont sense Ferrari are in a patient mood. I have no ill feelings against him at all. His stats are the record and for the most part the last few years are not his best. Ferrari know this and have suffered as well as a team. He is the weak link and the pressure is no surprise at all. This is not the MS/Todt/Brawn team. Its results NOW Sergio and Company.

25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Kimi Raikkonen wants Ferrari to analyse the decisions it made on his Chinese Grand Prix strategy as he believes he could have got ?much more? than fifth with different calls from the pit wall. Raikkonen's typically entertaining radio messages grew in

Rgds