Maserati Mistral thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Maserati Mistral thread

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Serenissma, Jul 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #176 thecarnut, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #177 thecarnut, Apr 11, 2017
    I am considering selling my 1968 Mistral spyder, which I've owned for 12 years, at one of the Monterrey auctions. Before I sign contracts best to see if anyone in this group would be interested in a private sale.

4.0 liter (one of 37), ZF 5-speed, matching numbers, Borrani wires, original dry type Lucas fuel injection, hard top, tools, manuals, fitted luggage. Documented ownership history and Maserati Classiche documentation. First owner was Maserati works driver Sig. Rol of Torino. Car has won awards at Amelia Island, Hilton Head, Keeneland, plus others.

Contact me at [email protected] if seriously interested.

Ivan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP likes this.
  3. 5000gt

5000gt Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    How many Mistral prototypes were produced? I thought the prototypes had no side glass window frames just like the spiders and no side vents? Also the chassis was very unique.
    The one offered by RM was re-stamped and has window frames/vents.

4. jonack

jonack Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2007
    Berkeley, California
    Full Name:
    J. Clark
    Does anyone know how much the "prototype" Mistral was bid up too?

5. Wolf

Wolf Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    214.367€

Regards

Wolfi

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    That car sat in storage outside of D.C. for 25+ years.

The owner had ideas of restoring it, but obviously didn't. He became sick and passed away a little while before it sold, then it went to Amelia.

7. Christopher Wider

Jul 21, 2017
    ]My Mistral #1216 4.0 with AC. 1967 NY Autoshow car. It is an original unmolested car.[/QUOTE]

Italian cars, could you send me a picture of your hood insulation and the Heat shield which is next to the exhaust manifold? My Mistral is #810. Thank you, Chris

8. gerardogras

gerardogras Rookie

Nov 22, 2007
    hello chris,
    i have hood insulation material and details from the heat shield. if interested get into touch.
    regards
    gerhard #1362

9. Christopher Wider

Jul 21, 2017
    Gerhard, thank you for getting back to me. I am interested in hood insulating material and how engine bay light is wires back. Can you provide any pictures and do you have engine hood insulation? What is the best way to contact you?

Best,
    Chris

10. rentsch1961

rentsch1961 Karting

Oct 22, 2012
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain RENTSCH
    #185 rentsch1961, Aug 16, 2017
  11. gerardogras

gerardogras Rookie

Nov 22, 2007
    #186 gerardogras, Aug 17, 2017
    hi chris,
    this is the hood insulation material, heat proof and padded.
    hood wiring goes inside the hood frame and exits in the front right corner.
    on the foto from alain you see the original heat shield.
    i am located in germany.
    kind regards
    gerhard
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Christopher Wider

Jul 21, 2017
    Thank you Alain and Gerhard. I appreciate the information,it was very Helpful. Gerhard, can I purchase the engine hood material? I am located in the U.S .

Best,
    Chris

13. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    Hi guys,
    I have been lurking in silence for quite some time now, but after a veeery long restoration (started in May 2013), it seems we finally are in the last stages.
    The car is now complete outside, the engine has been started in the car, and the carpets are going in as we speak. The car was shown at a local car show last year, mostly completed on the outside, and will be shown again at the same show in April, hopefully totally finished, so pressure is on..!

To be honest, a restoration like this is like an emotional roller coaster, and I started out looking positive at things. The last few years have been a struggle, but I am so looking forward to driving my car for the first time.

A picture from last year's Classic Car Show Oslo. Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP and johnei like this.
  14. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    TBigs, johnei and NEP like this.
  15. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Ursa Major...

Car looks great !!! What is the exterior color and code (if available) ?
    In one of the pictures, I noted the luggage. Was the luggage original
    to the car?

Mike

16. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    Hi Mike,
    The color is Celeste Chiaro Met., as original to the car.

The luggage is not original, but suits the car nicely. It is a full set of Hartmann Luggage in light blue tweed with leather detailing. Period and looks the business.

And thanks - we have been working on the car for five years, it is really satisfying to see it finally complete again.

Alexander

17. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    The previous owner of my car decided to chrome the trim around the rear vent windows, to match the rest of the car, but it was not done well and is now peeling and in need of attention. When I visited Mike D. and looked at his Mistral, his trim looked like it might be polished aluminum. Does anyone know if that is correct, and the correct finish? I'd like to return it to its original state.

A related question, I tried to remove the vent window to make it easier to work on the trim, but there are two fasteners attaching it to the B pillar that I couldn't remove. They look like nuts affixed to the ends of cut bolts, which just spin endlessly. I'm guessing a kludgy reinstallation after painting the car, glass out? I'm leaving it alone for now, but I'm still curious what the story is with them. Any insights?

18. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
  19. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Thank you for confirming! I appreciate the picture too, to see the finish.

20. FastFreddie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    The last drive of the year, always a bit sad. I got an advice from a qualified mechanic about winter storage of Classic cars. Put 1-2% two stroke oil into the petrol and drive 10-20 km before storing the car. It lubricates the fuel system and prevent oxidization in all internal parts. Today’s modern fuel with a high degree alcohol create oxide.
    As of now my car is on the first and last post in this thread dating back to 2008:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

TBigs and Nembo1777 like this.
  21. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Nice car!
    Rosso Cordoba?

22. FastFreddie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Thanks, yes it is nice:) Correct, the color is Rosso Cordoba

23. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    I have a Mistral in the same color with a Snape interior, an aluminum body and a 4 liter engine. It came with air containing from the factory but it is no longer in the car. I hope to correct that next year. It is a lovely color combination.

Am I imagining it ore does your car have headrests? If so, do you know if the factory offer them as an option as I haven't seen them on other Mistrals.

24. FastFreddie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Am I imagining it ore does your car have headrests? If so, do you know if the factory offer them as an option as I haven't seen them on other Mistrals.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, the car have head rests. They were special order as noted on the delivery note ”2 APPOGGIATESTA” which mean head rest in italian.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Wow, I never thought the headrests would be so elaborate. Do you think they were made special for the mistral or source from some other type of car?