Last movie you saw | Page 252 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Trapped on NetFlix. TV series of approx. 10 episodes from Iceland. It moves and twists an unexpected path throughout. If you can take subtitles, understand the culture of Norden people AND try to remember the cast's names, this entwining mystery unfolds under weather even us hardened northerners would classify as extreme, the photography alone is worthy of a role. Perplexing and bingeworthy with a perfectly concocted title. You'll know after one episode if it is your cup of tea. 5 stars.

2. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

Some scenes were good, the plot sucked, so predictable, and didn't flow nor make sense, I almost walked out in the first half...the reviews were way better then the actual movie in my opinion....

3. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Chick flick.

Check out the Rome series on DVD. Fictional, but based on some actual events.

Murder of Julius Caesar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FvgP5hO99o

And you still can't trust Senators.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I.T. with Pierce Brosnan. What a let down. Is he hurting for money? Why is he playing in all these terrible movies??

This movie was so stupid.

5. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Last night, two ends of the spectrum: Beowulf & The Age of Adaline.
    Gore, fighting and animated Angelina Jolie in Beowulf
    Good acting, story and beautiful Blake Lively in Adaline

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wife & friend are going to an Audrey Hepburn themed party, so I'm helping out the research effort by rewatching Breakfast at Tiffany's. Audrey Hepburn!

The costumes are iconic, as you'd expect for a film with the legendary Givenchy (for Ms. Hepburn) and Edith Head doing wardrobe.

I forgot how hilarious Mickey Rooney is as Mr. Yunioshi. Not PC by today's standards, but funny nonetheless.

T

7. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    He's really funny. They said out of all these comic actors, Mickey was the one that made them all laugh all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w00Kab17aeI

8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Battle for Sevastopol

Excellent film, in mostly Russian with [sometimes difficult to read] English subtitles.

Caution, watching the movie does distract from reading the subtitles.

Also, while I'm not a fan of CGI, it's extremely well executed in this film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Sevastopol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9mTLqW1O4[/ame]

9. 308steve

308steve Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    On PPV --The Accountant - OK - is set up for sequels - Lot's of John Wick 'head shots'. Won't buy a ticket at the theater for the sequels.

Rogue 1 --- At the theater (finally). Hard to find a mutual interest movie that both the wife and I can enjoy. This was one. She complained that to much time was spent on the battle scenes, I think to much time was spent developing the 'love' store.
    Good part is there is no worry about the love story continuing :) unless.......

10. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Family and I finally saw Rogue One this weekend. When I was buying the tickets, I joked with the theater employee that we were the last people on earth to see it. However, I was shocked that the auditorium was nearly half-full when it started. I don't know how many were repeat viewers, but after a month, I expected us to be the only ones there. No spoilers, but I enjoyed it and my friend summed it up pretty succinctly when he called it a "War Movie".

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Same thing happened to me a week ago.

Rogue 1 rocks!

12. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Hidden Figures

Great movie. Definitely take the kids

13. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping.

This movie is hilarious and one of the funniest movies through the entire 86 minutes I have seen in years.

It was very poorly marketed last year and came and went with a whimper, losing money for the studio. It is a shame because it is at least as funny (more actually IMO) than big hits like The Hangover and Bridesmaids.

Don't be mistaken though, it is most definitely an R-rated comedy with tons of language and a little nudity in one scene that is probably my favorite of the whole movie.

Tons of cameos, it will be a modern Spinal Tap. Like Spinal Tap it might become dated rather quickly though.

When it comes on HBO or Netflix, try to catch it from the beginning. Just a great funny movie.

14. eastwest7

eastwest7 Karting

Oct 1, 2014
    roseville,ca
    I agree, great movie.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The Infiltrator

Brilliant thriller, little known but terrific story

16. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  17. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    The Ghost and the Darkness.

One of my favorites

18. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I was really excited for this movie and for me it was a let down.

19. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Saw lots lately as a result of flying!

Lion: Some items bothered me but overall I enjoyed it. Very emotional at parts. If you haven't seen it IMO it is one you should see but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

La La Land: Ended it 30 minutes in. Just couldn't do it. I found Trolls to be more entertaining of a movie and musical.

Me Before You: Really enjoyed the movie. It is a chick flick but I found it quite entertaining as a whole. If would suggest watching it and I will be watching it again.

20. lornafkmas

lornafkmas Rookie

Apr 4, 2017
    Nor movie but serial. Taboo. Anyone of you saw it? I really like it, and cant wait till next episode!

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    War dogs

Loved it!

22. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Yes war dogs was terrific. Jonah hill is always great. And how hot was the girl? Who is she

Btw, rented tomorrowland. Pretty good, like the matrix for kids by disney and the writer for tv show lost. A little too preachy about environment and diversity but i recommend it

23. jefffromcanada

jefffromcanada Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2006
    Alberta
    Saw it last night, very good show. One little pet peeve however is when the cop car in the first scene is a 64....but the movie was set in 61 :)

24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yes I enjoyed that again for the second time on my flight last week. Surprised how much I enjoyed it.

One of my most enjoyed scenes was when they first met again and went to a rough neighborhood and he opens the trunk. I almost teared up laughing.

25. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Dr. Strange.
    Surprisingly enjoyable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk