"Ferrari at 50" (Peterson Museum) photos? | FerrariChat

"Ferrari at 50" (Peterson Museum) photos?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by BMWairhead, Apr 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Wow...here we are twenty years later.

Does anyone have photos from the "Ferrari at 50" display at the Peterson Museum in LA?

2. dmn23

dmn23 Karting

Nov 9, 2006
    I believe the opening is still two weeks out. I'm going to be in Pasadena for the Concorso Ferrari on the 22nd and I was disappointed to see that I'd miss it.

3. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Still silver as of now - think it changes out the 16th? Opening event's the 27th.

4. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Sorry... I meany the fiftieth celebration in 1997. Not this years 70th.

Peterson had a special display that I went to see. I was without my camera and would love to see photos that others took.

It was quite a day when I went. There was a fellow (probably a member here) who was taking pictures so he could do some paintings. He was giving a tour to an elderly couple. I tried to be subtle as I followed them...trying to stay within earshot, but simultaneously trying to...oh let's not kid ourselves, I was snooping. He was unhooking velvet ropes and had no problem opening doors, hoods, etc. He was clearly 'connected' somehow. He eventually asked me if I had any questions. He was very kind and at some level appreciated my motivation (I hope).

Just a great day that I'd like to relive a bit...if anyone has pictures.

5. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    #5 Aardy, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. dmn23

dmn23 Karting

Nov 9, 2006
    Whoops. My apologies, you made that clear in your original post and I didn't read carefully. :)

7. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Email them tomorrow
    They have photos

8. f333SP

f333SP Karting

May 16, 2009
    FRANCE (Oise)
    Full Name:
    Franck
  9. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I wonder if that car is still cosmetically unrestored. The owner at the time intended to do mechanicals only.

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    February 2000 0355 AL was sold to current owner who had MPI Motion Products in Neenah/WI restore it completely.
    It has since been shown in Pebble Beach, Cavallino, Amelia Island, Villa d'Este, Greenwich, Windsor Castle and various other major Concours all over the planet.

Marcel Massini

BMWairhead and 375+ like this.
  11. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Thanks for the info. I figured it would get restored at some point. I hadn't realized it was a Betz/Peters car when I saw it.