Check engine light now not on after fuel additive!! | FerrariChat

Check engine light now not on after fuel additive!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by dhallag, Apr 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhallag

dhallag Rookie

Dec 3, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Darien Hallagan
    So I just ran my 2004 360 spider for the first time this year yesterday. The car sat in a heated garage over the winter since November. I just pumped up the tires to 43 psi and added an stabilizer additive to a 3/4 full tank of gas.

Before putting it away for the winter, the check engine light was on and I just figured I would have my guy look at it in the Spring. However now after running it yesterday for a good hour or so, the check engine light never came on.

I am curious your thoughts on if the fuel stabilizer additive may have helped clean the fuel injection system thus putting back to normal the gas/o2 mix? The car runs great, I never noticed a performance change when the check engine light came on.

2. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    Read the stored codes using a scanner. Most likely the light will come back on after some miles.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    It will come back..

4. dhallag

dhallag Rookie

Dec 3, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Darien Hallagan
    I knew you guys were going to say that...

5. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    #5 Drestless, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    steven t evans likes this.
  6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    electronics are so bad on these cars. The winter break may have just changed some wiring connection dynamics and voila. Your light may or maynot return. Enjoy it while you got it. if the light comes back don't be so quick to throw parts at it. Diagnosis it.