Rubber Trim Sources | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rubber Trim Sources

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Mar 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Ken,

Excellent! Thanks for the info and the confirmation that is matches your original. I am reviewing my original and it is very close to the Mr. Fiat one, but also to one from SealsDirect. I will post up some pics of these to show the similarities and comparisons.

Thanks again for your post!

Cheers,

Sam

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #27 samsaprunoff, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day All,

Just a FYI that the Door Window Scraper as listed by Cicognani is incorrect:

RASCHIAVETRO ESTERNO DX/SX (SET COMPLETO)

(see attached picture of the profile)

This profile is completely different than what is my 365 Gt4 2+2 ( see attached picture of mine). Maybe the above part is valid for the 400 /400is... However, I suggest you check the profile before ordering.

That being said... after reviewing the Cicognani website, I believe the correct part is 16322932 and is listed in the 365 GTC4 area:

RASCHIAVETRO ESTERNO

I have attached a picture of what this seal and what mine looks like.

Pricing for 16322932 is:

.. Cicognani: 28 Euro ($29.68 USD ) which is for both sides + Shipping

.. Mr. Fiat: $51 USD (which I assume is for both sides) + Shipping

.. SealsDirect does not have a similar seal

Before ordering the window scraper seals, check your originals so that you get the correct one.

Cheers,

Sam
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    Thanks for the infos!

4. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Cicognani have produced rubber profiles for Ferrari's in many years and are now one of the the major supplyer for the classic and veteran Ferrari's. Their quality is outstanding. Mr. Fiat's rubber ware are produced by Cicognani.

Regards

Peter

5. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    Cicognani rubber is top notch in my opinion! I have sold tons of it, with no complaints or returns caused by the rubber. It has been used in many of our show winning restorations as well. While I am not very familiar with the 400/412's I would love to learn and help out anyone who is needing rubber for their car!

6. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    Sam, there are two different profiles in the picture of part no. 16322932 that you posted.

The one on the left (with the bulb on the tail) is the correct one for my 365GT4 2+2.

Is this the one that you actually received from Cicognani?

Thanks and regards

WM

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Peter and Patrick,

There is no doubt that Cicognani's products and service is top notch. My earlier post was simply to say that either the part they have for the window scraper:

a. is incorrect... or
    b. maybe correct for some cars or
    c. maybe my car is an odd duck and uses the C4 profile

As we all know...with Ferrari anything is possible during a production run.

By no means was my post's intent was to discredit or paint Cicognani's in a bad light.

As for Mr. Fiat... Indeed, I surmised that they were reselling Cicognani's products, as it would be a tremendous coincidence that Mr. Fiat's part numbers are identical to Cicognani's parts number.

That being said, Mr. Fiat's part number for the Boot rubber is different and in fact I could not find this profile within the Cicognani's catalog. I suspect this was sourced elsewhere and in fact it looks very close if not to same than a profile offered by SealsDirect in the UK. Once I receive the SealsDirect profile I will post up my findings so others can benefit from my research.

Cheers,

Sam

8. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Bill,

Actually I believe that both images are the same. I suspect that they look bit different because of the picture's point of view as well as lighting. That said, given your comment our cars share the same profile type... Although this is a small sample set (2 cars :) ) I suspect that Cicognani's info for the 365/400 Window scraper is incorrect for the 365 cars. I will e-mail them to let them know. If anything they can provide the two parts options on their site which will stimulate the 365/400 owners to confirm which they require.

Just out of curiosity has any of the 400/412 owners replaced their window scrapers? I ask, as I would be curious if they can confirm or refute if part 16332310 is correct for these models?

Thanks for the confirmation!

Cheers,

Sam

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #34 samsaprunoff, Apr 22, 2017
    Good day,

Just a confirmation that that Cicognani Window channel replacement (part number 16332926) is a perfect fit! It is almost identical to my original except for a slight lip on the bottom of the channel profile (see picture). At first I thought the "lip" may act has a mechanism to assist with holding the profile in place. Cicognani's profile addressed this through some slight design changes and in fact the profile fits and holds perfectly with simple a friction fit (no trim adhesive was needed). The window is held perfectly!

It sure is going to be nice to have the window nicely sealed, as the old original ones were worn and were torn in places...

Cheers,

Sam

10. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #35 willrace, Apr 22, 2017
    SAm,

The 16332310 in your picture is closer to what the Boxer (at least, the BBi) uses. I have a couple of variations of this one that don't quite work, but James (at Norwood's) got one that should be right, based upon the originals.

In your stock pic of 16322932, Bill26 is correct - those are two different profiles, and the bulb-shaped end is required to secure the rubber in the metal trim's slot.
    This is a pic of mine, as sent to James for sourcing:

11. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Kurt,

Thanks for the pic and the details! Indeed, the bulb shaped profile is what I need as well.

Part 16332310 appears to be only used on the 400GT, but I have yet to confirm. If the one that Bob/Norwood is not correct and looks to be 16332310 perhaps send me the dimensions and I can compare it to the one that I have. If anything I can send it to you to use... as I cannot use it... Do you see have your 400GT? If so can you check your 400GT to see if 16332310 is used on your car? If so, then for sure I will send it your way.

Cicognani has part 16322932 (which looks to be the bulb shaped one) and it is not very expensive... 28 Euro (both both sides)... The unfortunant part is shipping will be 80 Euro... so 3x the cost of the actual part ... argh...

Anyway, I will compare the measurements of my scraper and see how close it matches the one you provided.

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Sam

12. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Not sure where 16332310 is used on the 400, but is very similar to the window scraper of the BBi. Some versions of this have way too much "overhang lip" at the top edge of the door, which protrudes agutward over teh door like a ledge. Another keeps the long sealing scraper at the wrong angle, so t's not even touching the glass.

My pic is of a 2-3mm slice of the rubber insert that slides into the 400's scraper trim. It was in good shape, and seemingly new(ish), but a Canadian expert cut the pieces of one side way too long (used for the sample piece), and the other side way too short (the short is why I need some).
    James is (hopefully, if he hasn't forgotten) working on some of that.

In other, semi-related "James found some" news, the thin outermost seal that goes around the outside of the window frame, sealing against the inside of the chassis' door opening (window frame section only) is close enough to work on both the 400 and the Boxer. Sorta "T" shaped, the top bar of the T is thick and fits (upside-down, as a "T") into the perimeter groove of the window frame, and only slightly less-snug in one vs the other (can't recall which). Something else James should be getting more of, and is probably available in that catalog.

13. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #38 samsaprunoff, Apr 22, 2017
    Good day Kurt,

According to Cicognani's website part 16332310 is the window scraper... which is between the (outside) door window and the door. On my 365 this scraper is the bulb shaped one that you provided the pic above and was also confirmed by Bill in his previous post.

The trim piece that goes around the door's top and side frame is part 16332170 (see pic). It is actually two profiles that are "fused"/glued together. I ordered these and they fit my door very well. I think the new profile is very slightly different to my originals, but I will need to confirm... I am in a bit of a profile overload given I have looked and examined dozens upon dozens. Cicognani part 16332170 is 170 Euro for set (i.e. both left and right doors).

GURNIZIONE GIROPORTA DX/SX (SET COMPLETO)

The profile that goes around the body shell's door frame is 16332160 and is priced at 80 Euro:

GUARNIZIONE VANOPORTA DX/SX (SET COMPLETO)

Cheers,

Sam

14. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    16332310 is a window scraper, but for the BBi. It's metal-reinforced within the mounting leg.

The bulbed one in my pic matches (or at least, strongly resembles) the one on the left in your picture for 16322932, which is what I am describing as for the 400's window scraper, which slides into a piece of trim that mounts to the inside of the top of the door skin in the same way 16332310 mounts to the BBi door (sans any trim). If you have trim at the top of your door where it meets the glass (and it sounds like you do) 16322932 is correct.

16332170 certainly does look like the correct window frame piece, and is the one we think will work on both the Boxer and the 400.

I have a set of the 16332160 from Bob Smith, but it seems to be available from Eurospares sometimes.

15. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Does anyone know where you can purchase the rubber L shaped trim on the door for a 308GTS, it is riveted under the door and has two cut outs for the drain channels.

The upper part of the L section that takes the rivets has a metal insert strip along the entire length for extra strength. Tried all the usual sources but nobody lists it.

It only appears to be on the passenger side, is it fitted to the driver door as well.

308-328.com

scroll down to the photo just below the door strike plates and fuse cover fixing, the photo on the left shows the seal

Thanks

16. Dazanz

Dazanz Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    New Zealand (Queenstown)
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Is there any new thoughts on the window scraper seal. Cicognani Are saying that 16322932 (cheaper one) is wrong for my 365GT4 2+2 and that I need to use 16332310 (more expensive one)
    My car has 16322932 on it already although it doesn't seem to press against the window very well but it could be age.
    The seals aren't long enough and let water in and I intend to drive the car this winter. (Luckily we don't salt our roads but only grit)

Anyway this is a photo Cicognani emailed me below and it possibly could fit and is a much better quality seal than 16322932

Has anyone used 16332310 on there 365
    Thanks

17. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    16322932 is the correct profile - check posts #27 and #31 and make sure that they supply the one on the left.

When you fit it, try to compress it longitudinally, i.e., don't stretch it at all as it will relax over time and you will get a gap at the end (again).

Regards

WM