Just driving a ferrari and ... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Just driving a ferrari and ...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jolt, Apr 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry, I wasn't referring to you specifically.

I should have worded it "if one gets the finger, it isn't because of the Ferrari"

2. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    I have a for sure solution for you Jolt. Bring that 360 down to Klamath Falls and take my older not quite so attention getting 87 TR to Bend. I'd be more than willing to take that 'abuse'from other drivers that you speak of. Sure like to help a buddy out.

3. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    More than a few certainly do. You're either living in a bubble or driving unremarkable cars if you haven't experienced it firsthand.

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I donno. Taking out a "Miami Vice " Testarossa when even the "eighties" is in fashion amongst younger people...you might be in for a surprise. A 360 is nice....but it's just another Ferrari.
    People will hate on you for any reason. After you've on fb for awhile, you realize that no matter what you do, people will whine about it. After awhile, you realize you just have to follow your own path and not worry about the background noise.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    OK, that makes sense.

6. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Bend Oregon. that explains it all...

7. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Amen. I wouldn't trade a decent TR for a pair of 360s.

8. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    #83 becker, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    When I got my red 360 new the two things I don't forget is once some guys followed me while taping my car from an SUV or when driving at night got a pic taken with a flash while on the road ... I thought that is why these famous people wear sunglasses at night ;-)

Overall got a mix of thumbs up, angry looks and people that looked at me under their noses, don't think I got a birdie flipped perhaps I didn't notice, also ricers that start driving like crazy. Always kept a smiley face, waved back and didn't refute if somebody said it was a kit car agree with those & they have nothing left to say.

9. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Wise words Shamile. I wouldnt trade my old TR for a 360. Its been a great ride for 12 years. Sorry Jolt.

10. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Wise words Shamile. I wouldnt trade my old TR for a 360. Its been a great ride for 12 years. Sorry Jolt.

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And the more I view the odd interactions we've had, I think you really do Patty

12. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Superb :)

Why would you think that?

Was this meant for another thread? :p

You know Daytona355 then?

It's a heritage thing in Italy I'm sure. They're exactly the same about Alfa Romeos, or at least older ones.

They don't really know you to hate you, they hate that you might have a little more in the bank than they do, but technically it is the same thing.

I always got thumbs up (even from kids that were younger than the car) in the Mondial. I got more 'replica' comments in my Mondial than the other two which I found rather funny.
    I got a mixed response in my F355 and one chap threw something at the car in the city centre on a very warm day after we had just supported a charity. He was with a bunch of friends so I guess it made him feel good.

I have not noticed good or bad in my 360 but think I have now after 13 years driving Ferraris, become numb to it. Where my house is it is only been positive comments. I don't live in a poor area but it is not exactly perceived as affluent either.

13. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Go back to post #48.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

14. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Ah yess, :)

15. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    About 20 or so years ago in my teens, I had a "friend" who would always key (scratch) an expensive car if he saw one parked up somewhere/anywhere. He was about 17 at the time

I asked him why and his response was something like "all rich people are arseholes so they deserve it"

He ended up getting in debt with the wrong people and had to disappear a few years later (and I mean disappear). Last I heard he was running some sort of fraudulent flight ticket thing using stolen credit card details out of Germany and then met a girl and moved to Aus with her....

But back on topic yes some people just dislike you instantly because you have a nice car, my "friend" included

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Im glad he doesn't Malc, I'd probably have Occupy outside the property, or groups of his friends picketing me when I park!

17. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    The internet can be a strange place :D

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Certainly can be......

19. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I had young adults (kids) ask me if my TR is a kit car? I open the rear hatch and say: Does this engine look like a kit car engine?

20. Floydison

Floydison Karting

Dec 25, 2016
    I've had almost 100% good interactions in my 458, and I'm in a small metro area where you don't really see any exotic cars. I am careful about how I drive though and I always take time to let people look at the car. If they are interested enough sometimes I even let them sit in it and take pics.

21. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Happy to see you back on here Shamile!

22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Either the individual driving the Ferrari is a dickhead, or the one giving the finger is the dickhead.

23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I will refer to this, so you can see it as well ;)

Either the individual driving the Ferrari is a dickhead, or the one giving the finger is the dickhead.

24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks for the kind words Ago. The Tapatalk app is much better now and it's now easier to interact with the forum.

I don't really sit around on a laptop for anything except business spreadsheets anymore. Everything social is mobile.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

25. 4Italia

4Italia Rookie

Nov 19, 2008
    Erie Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Beautiful! Just beautiful:)!! I had a guy flip me off one time for no reason at all as I passed him in my 430. When he pulled up beside me at the next light I said "based on the hand gesture you just gave me I'm having a difficult time deciding if you live in a single wide or a double wide can you help me with that? No response.