Redmond Exotics is on! 4/29/2017 | FerrariChat

Redmond Exotics is on! 4/29/2017

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by schnazzy, Apr 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    So it's on and there shouldn't be any rain. It is expected to be busy so get there early if you are bringing a car.

2. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    How was it? I had a meeting at 7am and didn't get back in time. I even washed the Ferrari and everything

3. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    It was extremely well attended. Quite a few "blah" cars there but some real gems too.

5. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #5 wiley355, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I made it but couldn't stay as long as I would have liked. Plenty to look at, and plenty of people too. A little bit of what I saw while there . . . . .

Didn't know there was such a thing as a TdFXX.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    There were an estimated 480 - 520 cars in the lot. This doesn't include any cars in the brick paved areas down the street (most of the pictures above).

I was in the parking lot with the normal group. There were about 15 Ferrari's with 2 black, 2 metal grey, 2 yellow and 8 red. i never got a chance to go into the town center (brick area) to see the other cars but many did drive by the lot on their way out.

7. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I missed you again schnazzy. I was on the other side of the Dino.....a lot of cars there!

I consider myself lucky to see an Aperta in person. I don't know why Greg doesn't have it roped off. I saw a kid step and stood on the carbon on the bottom side of the left door. before his mother pulled him off quickly. I couldn't believe it!!!

8. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
  9. Italia 227

Italia 227 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    The comments here and on the E@RTC FB page about kid control make me shudder. It's a large event, and I know it's tough to control a crowd that includes kids, kids on bikes, dogs, etc.

Last time I brought my car, came away with a paint chip from someone leaning in the window with a camera dangling around her neck. 50/50 on doing British Day (05-20); maybe with a low-voltage taser in hand.

10. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    I have clear film on the whole front clip and door tops, so the paint won't chip... dent, sure.

11. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    I was at a car show (about 400 cars) like Hot import nights but it was imports and hot rods (so Skylines, BMWs, Porsche, Hondas, and then some very cool hot rods). I had a BMW M3 there Some 45 year old guy (had is 8 year old son in tow), opened my door and sat inside, shoes inside, everything. I calmly and politely asked if he wouldn't mind getting out. He was totally confused. His explanation was that he thought it was a "CAR SHOW". as in with dealers and brand new cars. I asked him if he saw a sales person or a car manufacturer sign, asked if this was a new car he was sitting in, asked if he planned on buying a car.... and with that he got a bit more goofy as I was calling him out (not loudly or as an asshat) in front of his son. I whistled and security looked over and I waived them over. He started walking, I asked security to go talk to this guy as I thought he might be going in cars and taking things. ;)

Security later mentioned that they had already been notified that he was getting handsy with the cars and asked him to leave later.

At exotics, I am usually about 15-35 feet away lurking. I'll take a few quick walks around but usually near my cars.

12. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I looked for you but you must have been lurking far.

Anyone know the owner of the red 348ts that was there?

13. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #13 wiley355, Apr 30, 2017
    Caught you "lurking", near your 355 :)

14. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I was on the other side of the Dino!

15. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    There's not. The owner had a local detail shop create the vinyl trim/striping, text, etc..

16. kafugelum308

kafugelum308 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2003
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    M Bradley
    #16 kafugelum308, May 1, 2017
  17. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #17 wiley355, May 1, 2017
    It should have been on center court! Fred Russel brought it to the XXX Italian Car show where it was much appreciated, by me anyway.

18. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #18 wiley355, May 1, 2017
    John,

Nice shots!

The red Ford GT that was there on Saturday is, I believe, a recreation of the 1967 Le Mans winning Mark IV, driven by A.J. Foyt and Dan Gurney. It has been out to Redmond before. The Mark IV was the final evolution of the GT40. The original GT40s and Ford GTs that actually raced at Le Mans, Sebring, etc are worth many millions and are likely to be found in private collections or museums. The original #1 Gurney/Foyt Mark IV is owned by the Ford Motor Company.

The original #1 Mark IV had a bubble in the roof to accomodate Dan Gurney, who was quite tall for a racing driver.

There is a fantastic book that documents the entire history of the Ford GT racing program. It's title is, appropriately, "Ford GT" by Preston Lerner. I just had to buy the book because I was fortunate enough to see most of those cars race in period at Sebring and Daytona, but couldn't remember most of what I saw!

Wiley

19. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
  20. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Because his fleet manager (AKA, AlfaFred) couldn't drag his sorry A%% out of bed early enough to arrive before 8:30. I was standing at the N end of center court and saw him arrive, and at the time the place was crazy packed. There was literally no way another car could get into center court: a gorgeous glossy black Cord was sort of blocking the way in at that point: yet another car I think ought to have been center court...

Was really nice to hear that blower whine as he drove by anyway.

Another of those .01% issues: no room for the "real" exotics (at least for us old farts) to park because other, modern exotics are hogging all the space...

thanks again to all the thugs for making it a fantastic day!!!!!!!

21. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    And thanks for the pic Michael! That is one drop dead gorgeous car... I couldn't get my camera up fast enough to catch it as it drove by...

22. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Anyone?

23. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Thanks - I assumed it was a replica but wanted to make sure. Some GT40 replicas are very good. The Preston Lerner Ford GT book looks excellent too.

I can't believe I missed the 8C2300 Alfa :(

24. Kristian

Kristian Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2008
    Seattle area
    Here are some more shots from the meet - Apex Rally: E@RTC - 4/29/17 . Thanks to the volunteers. It was nice to get out after the webbed feet winter.