How many of you have the original dealership logo sticker on the rear window? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

How many of you have the original dealership logo sticker on the rear window?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Rosey, Sep 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It looks very strange as then you should have a deduction for the original radio too, as the car leaved the factory without any radio: The radio was installed by the dealer together with his sticker. I think that having the OEM radio and sticker should be a plus, but it cannot be a minus!

Ciao

2. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    Just saw this... I think SVM.

3. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Nice one John. Mine came out of SVM too. Lived in Sydney for only a year and then it moved to Melbourne. I know this as I have all the orginal sales documentation.

Thanks to the help of a fellow F chatter I was able to track down an original SVM rear window sticker but have been reluctant to apply it as the car does well at Concorso events and I'm not crazy about losing half a point for it being displayed.

Anyway it's nice to have with all the other original paperwork from the sale.

4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I agree with you Alberto, but if you check international judging rules you'll find it's a minus, not a plus!!

5. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    #105 328PWC, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a picture of my car at the 2015 Cavallino with the dealer badge next to the license plate. My car has been at Cavallino the last six years and it seems every other year I receive a half point deduction depending on the judge(s). I had the badge removed for the 2017 Cavallino event.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    +1

7. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    It seems the only after production addition to a car that IS allowed without a half point deduction is a Classiche badge that is issued with the red folder from the factory. This can be fitted either inside or outside the car.

8. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    A rule is a rule, but I wouldn't remove the original OEM sticker from the car.

Ciao

9. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    OEM sticker? Which sticker are you referring to? A dealership sticker is not OEM however.

10. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    If there's a spare I would be interested! :)

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Here's Cal and his dog Spot!

Go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal.

12. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Original, really?

Original means from Maranello, not the dealer.

13. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #113 Rifledriver, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    The stickers are not original. They were not applied in the factory. As for radios that was a specific decision on the part of the rules board. The idea is the cars should be used and enjoyed and lack of radio prevents that for many. Any radio that does not detract from the car is OK.

Dealers have been known to perform all manner of modifications on new cars. Different wheels, elaborate sound systems, even custom interiors or sun roofs. Where do you propose to draw the line?

14. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #114 Rifledriver, May 1, 2017
    The times it was not deducted for was simply a mistake.

There is potentially a way around it though. You should be asked at the start if there is anything out of the ordinary about the car the judges should know. Since preservation is very important to us if you explain the sticker is from new and you are interested in preserving the car exactly as new they will probably let it go. We have a TR with a small American flag sticker in the windshield that I applied just before a club drive just a few days after 9-1-1. I told them it had sentimental value and I intended to leave it. They told me it would not be deducted for. The car won a Platinum, the Coppa Bella Macchina and the National Preservation Award that day.

15. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Well explained. Thank you

16. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Exactly. At the end of the day it's your car and you can do whatever you want with it. I agree that if you mention it prior, they may not deduct a half point but I guess it's judges discretion. Or if it was down to two cars with both 100 points they may use a non factory sticker or similar to separate the two.

17. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Sorry no spares but one day I might get around to making a few copies. I'll keep you posted.

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I completely disagree. You don't buy the car from the factory, you buy from the dealership and so everything that comes from the dealership is original. The sunroof and others aren't a factory option: They are a mod. In any case I don't have to attend any FCA concourse so it doesn't matter, but in my opinion is a total absurdity.

Ciao

19. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    It is not just FCA and pretty much the entire world disagrees with you. Have never heard of any recognized rules body defining original as what the dealer decided to do prior to delivery. That is everyone else's definition of absurd.

20. jersey308gtb

jersey308gtb Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Alex Heynes
    Does anyone on the off chance, have the dealership sticker for Melbourne Garage Car Sales Ltd, Jersey, Channel Islands?

Would love to make a repro.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #121 Rosey, May 1, 2017
    A friend of mine has a lovely 365BB that was factory fitted with the 3 exhaust tips per side. Apparently the dealer offered and fitted a sports exhaust at the time that has two tips per side (like a 512BB) which was fitted once the car arrived into the showroom.
    By saying to the judges it was on the car when I drove it out new from the dealership so it must be original is not really correct and as a result points are always deducted.
    I have seen dealers do some nasty stuff to beautiful cars. Drilling holes and screwing on their own dealership logo badge into the rear bodywork of a car and in the 1980's drilling holes inside and out to fit mobile phones just to name two. Both of which would require bodywork and paint to get back to factory original today.

22. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    Thanks. Appreciate the input.

I was fortunate the dealer badge was secured by adhesive tape which did not damage the paint or body as screws would have.

23. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    Cheers!

24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you very much: But I will keep the dealership sticker on the car and the OEM radio too, as I'm very proud of both.

25. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    You should.