2008 DB9 with three pedals - $69,900/BO | FerrariChat

2008 DB9 with three pedals - $69,900/BO

Discussion in 'British' started by JohnnyRay, Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Keep me from buying this car! 2 owner, 13K, service at franchised dealership in Chicago area since new. Helluva deal for someone who wants to row a big AM V12 down the road...

2008 Aston Martin DB9 Base Coupe 2-Door | eBay

BTW - I have no association with the seller. Spotted this on eBay and thought I would share tho opportunity.... :)

2. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  3. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
  4. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Hmmm...link seems broken. Have to search for it on eBay...

5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Your link was broken. Mine fixed it for you.

Matt

6. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    No interest? Thought there might be some with the rare 6 speed...

7. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Any '08 DB9 is going to be a tough sell at $70K. Better deals are out there for sure, even with manual if one is patient. If this were a unique special order color combo with the Sport Pack and a manual, then maybe....

8. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Please do post some examples. I casually watch the market and manuals are very rare. And we don't really know what the sell price could be on this one....

9. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    did you buy it?

I LOVE my 3 Pedal Aston Martin. Can't wait to drive it once the rain stops.

Jim

10. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    There was a white manual for sale a couple of months back in the mid-high 50's. I think it was an '06 or '07? I agree manuals are much more rare, but when I have seen them I haven't noticed a large price premium compared to comparable automatics, but perhaps some.

As a point of reference, Manheim wholesale numbers show 07-09's changing hands lately for $40's to 50's, varying of course depending on condition and mileage. Not sure if any of those were manuals. The car you posted certainly should be at the top of the range given its mileage and the manual transmission. Would be interesting to know what it goes for. Now may be a good time to sell with no other manuals on the market. May find the right buyer who is really wanting one for this summer!

By all accounts these are great cars. I really want to have one at some point! They tick a lot of the right boxes.

11. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    05s and 06s go cheap compared to 07 and up. Some of it has to do with seats, some concern with perceived quality and some may have to do with relative volume (not sure of comparative numbers though). An 08 would have the older console w/o armrest - desirable for a manual. And, I believe the V12 has a HP increase and some other tweaks starting in 08. The listing would be a nice, low mileage example and it may be possible to negotiate a more attractive price as well...

I have an 07 manual shift Volante that I shopped extensively to find, paid a premium for the manual - and had to travel to get it. I like it a lot. One of my favorite cars. Think you might enjoy one as well...

12. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    #12 flashman, May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just purchased a 2001 DB7 Vantage with 8k origional miles. It was part of a collection that was being sold off by a gentleman with health issues. I needed a replacement for my 308 GTSi which I had sold (and really miss). This is the most beautifully put together car I have ever owned. It make my Rolls Royce and Jaguar look absolutely second rate, and they are both Number 1 cars. You cannot go wrong with any model Aston Martin. My new number on favorite.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I have a 2003 DB7 Vantage Volante in addition to my DB9. Love it as well. Has sport exhaust - which sounds amazing. White gauges, drilled pedals, 19s. Mendip Blue w/parchment. The ride quality of the car is the best of my GTs. Very compliant on rough roads. Just wish it was a stick...

14. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
  15. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Nice.

I'm looking to not buy one of those beasts too, good thing I really need a convertible which is much harder to justify.

16. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    From a recent AMOC email:

If any of you have interest in acquiring a 2006 DB9 Volante (see specs below) please contact the owner:

Ron Mack at [[email protected]][email protected]

Specs:

2006 DB9 Volante with manual transmission.

Black / Black top , biscuit interior, piano black interior trim.

20,000 miles.

2,000 miles on new tires.

Climate cont. garage kept.

Car is currently in Wellington Florida. Owner also lives in Michigan.

17. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    ha, your not helping. :)

I sent an email...