Northern Detroit Charity Drive. Classics/Exotics. M1 Tour & Parade Lap. Sunday, May 7 | FerrariChat

Northern Detroit Charity Drive. Classics/Exotics. M1 Tour & Parade Lap. Sunday, May 7

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by agz, Mar 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. agz

agz Rookie

Jun 22, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andy Zale
    #1 agz, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    There is a charity car tour planned for Sunday May 7th, for Vintage Sport Cars, Classics, and Exotics.

Starts with a Tour and Parade Lap at the M1 Concourse. I'm sure a handful of you have already checked out the M1, but for those of you who haven't this is a great opportunity to see the facilities and take a Lap on the track. Full disclosure: it is a "parade lap" so don't get any crazy ideas :)

Tour is ~80 miles of beautiful natural scenery.

Ends with an afterglow and tour of Miller's Big Red Farm Distillery.

There will be plenty of food and drinks, great cars, auto enthusiasts, and a professional auto photographer (more details TBD).

Cost is $100 per Car with Driver. $50 per passenger.

Proceeds benefit Six Rivers Land Conservancy in its efforts to preserve natural and agricultural landscapes in Michigan.

Here are the details:
    Country Drive Car Tour

Sponsorships are available as well.

I will be there. If you can make it, I would love to introduce you to some of the other people who love cars and love to drive them. Please post here or PM with any questions.

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I am going to do this and bring a friend along. It looks like it is going to be a great event. I know they would like to have some Ferrari's be part of the tour. Hopefully some of you can make it.

3. agz

agz Rookie

Jun 22, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andy Zale
    Thanks tfazio! I will see you there.

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up so now is the time to register! I see at least one Ferrari on the list so far, but I would love to see more.

The current plan is for the professional photographer to snap pics of you and your car at M1 that morning, so please plan to arrive early.

Here is the link again: Country Drive Car Tour

Please pm me with any questions.

Safe motoring!

4. brenmac

brenmac Rookie

Nov 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    Brennan
    I have to say, this was one of the best drives I've been on. Route and event planning were wonderful, as were the cars and people. Very cool to see inside of an M1 garage (a very nice one too!) and I had a great time at Miller's.

Thank you for sharing. Look forward to next year if they plan on making this an annual thing !

5. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Anyone care to share some pictures of this event?