Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Some dealers do.

The Celica GT-Four I bought was the last one they had. It was six months old and had nearly 1000 miles on it, as it was their "demonstrator".
    (E.g. it was one the general manager drove himself.)
    (The GM offered to swap me even for a turbo Supra, as they had a lot full of them, but I turned him down.)

The (pre-Fiat) dealer where I bought my spider used to use a new Alfetta as a loaner car when your Alfa was laid up in the shop.
    That demonstrates the car to those who have already bought into the marque.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes, as i wrote earlier, i really hope Alfa is investing in their relaunch here. Each dealer needs a few demos and cars to show around. If i had an Alfa dealership, i would get one of my salesman, tell him to take a Giulia out on the week ends and go park it at some of the nice restaurants/bars/brunch places. Park it upfront. Tip the valet to leave it there. Go to cars and coffee events in the area. Park it in front of the last swanky hotel etc..

I have only seen one in the wild so far and that was in New Canaan, CT, last week. They need to get these cars out there.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

My Henderson Las Vegas Dealer is doing something similar. They made one Ti a Demo the first day and brought it around to various events like Cars and Coffee the first weekend. I drove the car with no questions asked. In fact the salesmen told me I was driving too slow!

4. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

I live in Westchester (nice suburbs) and work in Manhattan- and haven't seen any in the wild yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Funny but neither have I. However, I did seen one just outside of Monza Italy a few weeks back. It looked big compared to all the tiny cars on the roads there.

6. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    I've seen two in the US so far (many in Italy last Sept.) and they've both been TI's with the Lusso package.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #882 F1tommy, May 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If only!!!! Alfa needs to get back into road racing, although the 4C would be a more natural choice as it is already a little street race car. But for marketing the Giulia would be great. Race it in Germany.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    #883 Edc2104, May 12, 2017
    5 at Miller last week. 3 Montecarlo Blue and 2 Rosso Competiziones.

Gotta look for them!!

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I saw a white one on the road over the weekend. Beautiful in person, and maybe non car people won't notice it, but it was on the other side of the highway and noticed it from a good distance away. It caught my eye.

10. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #885 Sledge4.2, May 15, 2017
    I am thinking of ordering this: 3-4 months delivery:

Vesuvio Gray
    Black Seats with Dark Gray Stitching
    19" x 8.5" 19" x 10" Dark 5-Hole Wheels
    Gloss Black Calipers with White Script
    Quadrifoglio Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel
    Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System

11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I was behind a black Giulia for about ten miles on the highway this afternoon before I realized what it was. I assumed it was a Lexus IS250 :eek:

12. TMan

TMan Formula Junior

May 13, 2006
    Colorful Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #887 TMan, May 16, 2017
    Just took delivery of my new Giulia Ti: AWD, Trofeo white tri-coat, sport package, performance package (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!), tan interior, dual screen 8.8" nav, Hi-performance Bi-Xenon headlights, and yellow calipers. The fit and finish is outstanding and the performance, well let's just say it screams DRIVE ME, PLEASE!, it is truly exhilarating. Can't imagine what the QV must be like to drive. The personnel at the dealer in the north Denver location were excellent: knowledgeable, courteous, no pressure and I had no problem test driving the cars. Now if the reliability holds up, which from my initial impression I expect it to, everything will be great. The Italian passion for driving is front and center and comes through in this car, in spades.

13. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Love the tan interior.

Dave

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I believe the sport package gets those classic Alfa horizontal pleats on the seats.

Very nice -- and I love the QF style wheels.

15. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Skip the HK sound system.

It's awful. Get the standard and put the $900 towards upgrading.

16. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Be more specific on the HK upgrade pls, how could it be so awful? I still don't get why they did not just drop the UCONNECT NAV in the car which pretty much everyone raves about. THX...

17. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Car looks magnificent. Congrats.

18. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Great thread. I've only seen one in the 'wild' myself. Really it wasn't as I was at an Alfa meet (though many of us have moved on with Saab's, Jag's and MBZ).

We have all said that the success of the brand in the UK does rest on this car. We have had the Giulietta and MiTo which have sold reasonably well but the Giulia is the one that has the press running crazy.

I have had 3 Alfa's to date and my Fiancee still has one. I am considering a new car next year which will be a first for me since the 1990's. I expect to test drive any car without the need to say I will buy it.
    I have Giulia, BMW 6 Series, C Class Coupe and a few others in mind. I may buy nearly new but what I will insist is that I drive each and every car I have in my list before I purchase. I want to have a reasonable idea I have picked the right car.

I don't expect to turn up to an Alfa dealer in our Alfa Spider, 360 or CLK in particular for the salesman to decide how serious I am. If the car drives the best I'll buy it.
    If I don't get a test drive I will either try a different dealer (not many in the UK either) or just dismiss it.

I've dealt with one (of just two within 30 miles radius) of my local dealers and it is probably not the dealer I would use because they've not been very much good to me and a few Alfisti I know. Alfa's biggest issue is their dealer network.

19. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    I'm no audiophile, so take my comments for what they are.

The audio sounds very tin-like to me without much depth. I've played with the equalizer, but I just can't seem to get it to sound very good. Others have commented on this as well on other forums. I've read that the speakers were kept smaller and lighter to save weight for the car, but I'm not sure about this. Harmon Kardon has a great rep, so I'm not sure why it doesn't sound very good in this car.

The standard audio system in my Grand Cherokee is ten times better.

It's a good thing the engine sounds so good! But its a little disappointing when driving to work, and not thrashing the car, that the sound system couldn't be better.

20. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    This makes sense. Quality car audio weighs A LOT, not just for the magnets in the components, baskets, amps, etc. but the sound deadening material that is most likely sparingly applied in the QF.

21. TMan

TMan Formula Junior

May 13, 2006
    Colorful Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve

Thank you Mbutner and The Mayor, and you are right about the seats. The seats that are part of the Lusso package and the standard Giulia are different. And there was no way I was not going to get those wheels, for me they are the definitive Alfa wheels.

And I am not new to the brand. I had a '72 2000 Veloce and a '91 164L, loved both of them.

22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Very true, they could have done a lot more to make it stand out!! But what is under the skin is a world apart. I think the Giulia might be the best mid size sedan chassis on the market and the V6 Turbo the best motor!!

23. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    How's the shoulder harness, with the B-pillar that far forward?

My EVO 8 had that issue, and the shoulder harness hovered in front of my shoulder rather than resting on it.

I haven't been able to find any NHTSA data on the Giulia online.

24. TMan

TMan Formula Junior

May 13, 2006
    Colorful Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve

For me not a problem at all.

25. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    Hey guys is it true that Giulia and Stelvio will get Full Led Headlamps in June? I heard someone said that before but the dealer knows nothing about that :(