Nice Drive | FerrariChat

Nice Drive

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, May 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    It's a gorgeous day & the wife asked to take a drive. When the wife offers certain things, you NEVER say no. So off we go round Pines Lake (I drove 'cause the narrow bridge) to 202N where I pull over when she asks to drive. Ok, it's been a while. {Crunch} bottoms out pulling out of the parking lot (not a good way to start) and then up we head to 287 (shifting, for whatever reason, was terrible! I've never seen her keep looking down at the shift lever before. And the 355 throttle cable has always been notchy) , 78, 17N through Tuxedo {Crunch, bottom out in the right lane...well, that wasn't her fault really} to 7 Lakes drive past Bear Mountain inn & decided to grab a bite at BarnStormer's BBQ in Fort Montgomery (VERY GOOD btw). {Crunch} pulling into the parking lot. Jeez. I'm not smiling. Knowing I wasn't happy, she asks if she can drive home. Well, it's Palisades pkwy & 287 to Rt 23..all highway. So she does. The last 5 miles her shifting improves dramatically. Turns out it's a 3 hour drive with Barnstormers, about 100 miles. She's all smiles saying it's a great day & didn't I have fun? As I head straight to the Gelusil to soothe an upset stomach and frittered nerves. I'll crawl under the car tomorrow & see how the underpan did.

2. shoreorthopod

shoreorthopod Karting

Oct 14, 2012
    sounds like shes a keeper... sounds like a great day

3. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Oh boy. One thing I don't miss about the 355 is that low, long nose and the crunch sounds.