Question about 308 Carbed Distributor | FerrariChat

Question about 308 Carbed Distributor

Discussion in '308/328' started by Ricambio, May 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    Hello,

I was wondering (new to me this car) about the distributors if the sping point set are two per distributor and if so, both sping points should be connected/working?

I ask this because while we are dialing the carbs and as well the timing (verifying) noticed that both distributors has only one spring point connected/working and the other (per distributor) is disabled, wire is cut.

Also found a "C" clip lock broken in one of the distributors, time to change it.

Thanks

[​IMG]

You can see carfully on the mirroe the white wire is cut

[​IMG]

2. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    This must be an emissions-equipped car.
    There were two sets of points in the car, one retarded from the other; the retarded set was activated by a throttle switch. If your timing is correct to the specs in the book off idle, and about 7 degrees advanced (?) at idle, you're just fine unless you need to meet emissions.

Best to share information about where you are and more specs on the car.

3. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016

Hi, this is a US spec 308GTB, but the car was improted to our country not long ago, so I suspect someone in the US modified this?

So, is fine to run with one set point in each distributor as it is? I found one "C" clip broken in one of these, and we are replacing the C locking clip and check the timing with our strobe gun.

I will report back as we are dialing the carbs too (fitted in each bank one AFR gauge to help a bit).

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    If the other air sources to the manifold like evap etc are done away with single points are OK. The retard points were to get the idle down because at the air flow needed with all the other emission pieces still connected you could not close off the carbs enough and still have them working well to achieve a good, clean and stable 1000 RPM idle. It is a case of not being able to change just one thing.