Serie Speciale / F40: carbon, reclining driver's seat | FerrariChat

Serie Speciale / F40: carbon, reclining driver's seat

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by johnghini, May 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnghini

johnghini Karting
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    I had this to yield a bit more head and leg-room in my TR.

It's the driver seat in 100% original, in tact condition with all ancillaries such as brackets, buckle mechanisms, wire pigtail, side trim covers etc.

Original navy blue (though it looks nearly black) leather is good condition with some average wear which is likely not an issue as most of you will probably recover in tan, black or the red fire retardant Nomex.

I will sell although I am going to give a long-shot request to trade for oem '86 Countach QV or genuine 930 Ruf related items...open to really anything.

PM me and I will provide my contact info if you have an interest.

2. Jeff Segal

Jeff Segal Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
  3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Wow...only a couple SS cars came with blue interior. I think one of them was silver.
    ///Milke, what do you think?

4. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I'm still in the midst of compiling data on SS cars so my records are rather incomplete but I do show #80 as being a silver/blue TS with standard seats. Perhaps this seat came from that car?

It's sure a sweet looking chair. I'd love to have it for my own car but I expect it will go quickly.

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Love the blue. I hope it doesn't get recovered in tan. Ewww.

6. johnghini

johnghini Karting
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    This is out of car 95569 which I think was the only SS with a blue interior (silver exterior).

Still looking for Countach items as a trade but will sell outright.

I've been asked to post a price. Hard to know as I can't find any threads to reference. If anyone has an opinion on an average value, I'm happy to heed the recommendation.

7. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I just sold a set of NOS SS seats in tan leather, never installed. $4,250.00 in January of this year.

8. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Thanks! That's SS #80. I've updated the record to indicate that the car originally came with composite chairs.

GLWS.

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Interesting that someone got rid of the carbons and put regular seats in. Shame.
    I also wonder where the other one is! :)