Where to stay in Montreal | FerrariChat

Where to stay in Montreal

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Ristretto, May 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I am heading to Montreal for a couple of days prior to attending the advanced course at Mont Tremblant. I am looking for any suggestions as to where to stay in Montreal and good places to eat. I am traveling solo as the GF could not make this trip.

Thanks.

2. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Mont Tremblant is far from Downtown Montreal. I ran Tremblant with PCA several years ago and stayed locally. It's a Ski area so lots of hotels to choose - from Fairmont to cheap Motel 6 types. Should be able to get good rates now. The track is quite difficult to master, there is an off camber right hander you approach blind and use only a birch tree as a visual marker to position the car correctly. Could have changed since. Also not sure if Stroll still owns the track as during our weekend, he showed up with his crew and ran with our run groups making it clear he would not wait for pass signs. He was fine on track and is quite a capable driver, but still made us anxious as he knows his cars well and obviously the track.

3. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I am staying at Hotel Quintessence while in Mont Tremblant. Just looking for suggestions while I am in Montreal. Thanks for the heads up on the track. Definitely open to any suggestions that will help drive the track. First time in Mont Tremblant.

4. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    St. James is good, great staff, perfect location, old Montreal is walking distance. Their restaurant XO is very good.

The Ritz Carlton is the best luxury hotel in town and has a Daniel Boulud restaurant.

Eat at Holder for a nice local, seafood restaurant.
    Don't miss Olive and Gourmando for breakfast and pastries.

5. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thank you. I am always looking for local fare.

6. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If you want really affordable and clean lodging on a budget in downtown I have a great place you should check out. We stay there every year when we go to the GP. Two great places to eat are Rubens downtown and Salmigondis in Little Italy.

7. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Hotel 10 is amazing. A large group of. Fchatters are staying there for the GP.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm a cheapskate, so I always choose the south shore, either at Motel La Siesta in Greenfield Park or the Comfort Inn in Brossard - both clean and comfortable and near plenty of restaurants and shopping; just don't set your sights too high. You can either drive or take a bus to the Longueuil Metro station and then just one stop to the islands. (It's great after the race on Sunday when most people are going the other way on the train!)

And I can still go into town on Saturday after the racing action and party on Rue Crescent!

9. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McKeown
    And you MUST get some Italian food at Auberge au Coq de la Montagne.