Ferrari in White? | FerrariChat

Ferrari in White?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Merlin Auto Group, May 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    Question for Ferrari owners/enthusiasts.

What is the general opinion that you all share on a Ferrari in white/bianco?

2. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have seen some I really liked. I have never been opposed to white though as I love white with black accents. Red is my favorite color and when I look at Ferraris that's the color I look for first but white can look real nice if done right.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    What Ferrari?

Thats like asking what I think of white houses or white clothes?

Come on. Can you form a more complete question?

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    White cars can look great, however interiors always end up looking grubby.

5. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    When my dad first started looking into Ferraris, we stumbled across the 348 SS #36 in white with tan interior (about mid-2014). While white is a very uncommon color on these cars, and doesn't work with all models, the 348 made it work. Maybe it was the strakes and the undeniable 'Miami Vice' theme song playing in my head...

There was just something special about that car - and we missed the purchase by just hours. We had a full price offer ready and when we called, the car was sold. Sad day.

Unfortunately, the next time we saw it online, it was one of the Marshall Goldman Collection cars - I'd love to know where it is now and what it's currently worth...

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    It really depends on the car. that 458 that was for sale a bit back in our classifieds with the blue interior was traffic stopping. a 308/328 in white? not so much.

Don Johnson wore a white suit better than I do.

sjd

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think like others have said, depends on the model. I think the Cali looks great in white. Ditto for 458, esp. with black carbon accents, wheels, roof, etc. For the FF and related, I think it depends on what else is going on in the exterior to complement the white. I saw a white 599 GTB online - no shields - thought it was fabulous. Other models? Not a fan, but that's just my opinion..T

9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    In love with my Bianco (Avus, not Fuji) 458 ever since I first laid eyes on it.

A winner with rosso or nero interior. The 458 and 488 really come alive in white. It greatly enhances and highlights design features.

I think it's a color that fits V8s better. In my humble opinion, in the 12 cylinder GT world, I only like white in the Testarossa and F12.

Definately depends on model, but as general rule I give white two thumbs up.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

10. Merlin Auto Group

BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    Great feedback all. If I were to re-frame the question at all, it would be probably be: what models do you think are best suited for Bianco?

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

458/488 > Testarossa > Cali > 599 GTB > FF/etc > everything else.

The GT cars above are enhanced on white by having no Scuderia shields. Again IMO.

Bianco Avus is my favorite Ferrari white, likely because it's closest to Avorio. To my eyes anyway.

T

12. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    My friends own, or have owned, a few white Ferraris:
    - 328 GTS
    - 355 GTB
    - 575 Superamerica
    - 599 GTB

I think they all look great.

The key is to keep them clean and shiny.

13. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    White is super popular now on new cars. I just don't like white F cars. I understand others do but I don't.

14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Interesting thought . I once saw a white California w a red interior and thought it was just spectacular looking it was that car that finalized my decision to order a new California so so then I ordered the car and but ordered red.
    Then when I was trying to decide on a F12 it was a white F12 with a black interior that I fell in love with best looking car ever so .. I ordered my F12 but somehow I changed my mind and got red....
    The best looking F12TDF I had seen was a new white w blue interior car spectacular ...

I guess I really like white Ferraris but I just can not pull the trigger on that color...

15. mrmanny599

mrmanny599 Rookie

Apr 6, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    #15 mrmanny599, May 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    white can be a great color... white has a zillion shades / variations, some that work while some don't... for any color to "work" a lot depends on the how the "skin" of the car is shaped... how lines and the shadows in skin present themselves as well as the various accents to the car's finished shape / look

17. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    There seems to be a rule that curvy cars look good in just about everything but white and angular cars look great in it. As an example, the Testarossa is just angular enough to pull off white.

18. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I'm pretty sure that car is owned by an FChatter as it's still listed in his profile. PM me if you want his user ID.

19. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Worked in Miami Vice :)

20. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    An F12 in Bianco Fuji Opaco is absolutely stunning, but otherwise white has never been my thing on an F car personally

21. mmarino55

mmarino55 Rookie

Dec 2, 2007
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Michael Marino
    The first Ferrari I have ever saw was comming home from a yankee game in the late 90s with my dad and I saw an odd shaped car I have never seen before and it was parked at a Long Island diner, I remember there being a Hummer dealership too real close . I remember saying DAD DAD did you see that ? He turned around the car for me to take a closer look , when we pulled up my jaw dropped when I saw my first prancing horse in person , it was a Ferrari Testorssa in white right next to a lotus espirte (sp?) in white as well . I felt this amazing feeling that no other cars have done for me before . I though about how this car was hand made and loved from the start till now . Man I felt high . Yes it was white (bianco) but the testarossa looked beautiful in it !

22. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #22 Zanny1, May 26, 2017
    I have always liked white on just about any car.
    I do believe that white Ferraris are more difficult to sell, as they are not as popular.
    Had this 348TS for several years.....never got a negative comment about the white/tan color scheme.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    White is nice, but like black, be prepared for the never clean look...

24. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    #24 curtisc63, May 26, 2017
  25. Merlin Auto Group

BANNED