Anybody else had enough of Brian Crall? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Anybody else had enough of Brian Crall?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by qwazipsycho, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I agree fully Sean !

And we know Brian also a long time ... we need members like him imo :D

2. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

Classic!

3. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #78 Martin308GTB, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
    Some call it 'sugar coated'. Some 'Political Correctness'. I would call it 'respectful, friendly behaviour', in which I cannot see anything bad.

Anyway I do not like to live in a culture where it's widely accepted to call everyone 'idiot' or '*******' as a matter of course.
    Because this produces an awful lot of rude, reckless people, what I find even worse than stupid.

Best
    Martin

Dane likes this.
  4. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #79 Lotaz, Jun 7, 2017
    I was going to respond but it's not worth my time.

tamburini44 likes this.
  5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    THAT"S the guy!!

Yep!

6. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    #81 166&456, Jun 7, 2017
    I would hate to live in a culture where it is forbidden to call an idiot an idiot.
    Allow me to point out to you that Turbo-joe was reckless and far from respectful in the gearbox thread and you picked his side.

tamburini44 likes this.
  7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I seem to remember one thread in particular that Ed really got to busting some balls around here - I think it was over what recirculation really means or how it works or something in a car a/c.

After that 308 was sold I think he left because he had more than enough of the amatures here telling him how to do his job.

Ed was just a little ahead of his time here :D

8. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't have the energy to read this entire string. I will say that in the threads that I have seen Brian respond in, including my own, his answers have always been well thought out and helpful to me.

9. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    No, I like Brian. His responses are both entertaining and informative. It gives this place some life.

Brian helped me weed out the right Testarossa, gave me care tips and just did it to help me out. He didn't know me personally. He just knew I was looking for a Testarossa. I will always appreciate that and have his back.

Scott, I enjoy your posts too --but no need to bring it to this. Make peace and move on.

10. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    In Germany it is. And a litigable offense. Is this different in the NL?
    Like I already mentioned. Calling other users 'idiot' or similar is a violation of the FChat rules. Rule 1.1

Best
    Martin

11. Santino1

Santino1 Karting

Jun 4, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The duality of the skilled vs the unskilled. I wonder is there a medical condition for augmentation transgression response, and how would you treat it? From my experience the skilled are highly susceptible.

Joke and Humor of course.

12. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Thank God, yes.
    Litigable? That's nuts. If you're an idiot/ass/sucker, consider it valuable feedback if someone calls you what you are. You might learn something.

tamburini44 likes this.
  13. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #88 Martin308GTB, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    That's fine for all you Dutch, while hardly believable. But now you know that you have to be cautious while living your lifestyle and behaviour across the east border.
    And no matter what the legislation in the NL is. It's still a violation of Rob's FChat rules. I admit, they are a bit hidden and I wonder, how many users actually read it.

But I won't miss to underline, that the rude folks are a little minority here. At least from what I experienced in the past years. I'm here since 2003 and most FChatters I 'met' and had valuable conversations with are nice and friendly people, who were often of great help. I don't know whether I still would own my car without all the help I got here.
    Of course in 21 years of ownership and self maintenance I gathered some experience which I gladly share.
    All things considered, it's a great place.

Best
    Martin

14. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Ed Gault

15. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    in germany it is so: if an idiot is such an idiot other will tell him. we are no actor to tell people what they like to hear

so then please tell me what is reckless and far from respectful what I have written. I am not aware of anyone, I had only inquired with friendly words

16. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    #91 166&456, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Depends on context of course - but in general we hold the right to free opinion and speech in very high regard. And we wouldn't have it any other way.
    It's just one man's opinion... would you really litigate someone for calling you something you didn't want to hear? If yes go work for government.
    Turbo-joe: Just turn the table and see if you'd be happy to be treated the way you treated Brian. I'm not going to spell it out to you.

17. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Like Mark Zuckerberg :)

The right for free opinion and speech has nothing to do with insult and scatology.

18. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yup, when we rebuilt the Dino engine, we replaced everything we could find, I told Tony not to reuse anything, not that he would have anyway, and here we are, what 7 years later and no implosions, right? :D

D

19. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Something different.
    Does anyone of you long time members remember 'ferrarifixer' from Oz?
    He supplied also very valuable tech info but actually managed to get banned.
    I never had a problem with him, but suddenly he was thrown out of this place.

Best
    Martin

20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

He let his Aussie attitude run wild outside the Aussie sub-forum, only to discover that what is ok in Australia may not be ok in the rest of the world. :D

D

21. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I'm sorry, maybe I also have a language problem interpetation because my main language is french but I've read the entire thread about the the transmission and Turbo-joe was never impolite or wrong in his language. He has been asking questions and in doubt of understanding the reasons for parts mismatch he ask for explanation to clarify his understanding.

The only wrong attitude came from Brian with his flaming answer and insults. Just as he has always been since I'm on Fchat. But I've express that in the past and I know it's a waste of time. Better ignore his $hitty attitude and take the positive from his answers. HE WON'T LEARN! How does he call people that can't be helped? Idiots!

22. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Claude?

+308!

23. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hello F-Chat Gang. I do remember Ed Gault - wow there's a name out of the past. He had some great posts that were very detailed and educational.

Martin308GTB...."ferrarifixer" is Phil Huges in Australia. He is a great guy. He started his own Ferrari enthusiast website. His posts were terrific and really helped those of us who do our own work.

And then there's Brian Crall. He has been an invaluable source of information for this forum. I can't count how many times he expounded sage advice and guided me through some sticky situations. If some folks feel that Brian is a bit harsh - they need thicker skin, if anyone has earned the right to be "blunt" on this forum...it's Brian. You can get advice on Ferraris from a variety of sources, but how sure are you of the accuracy of the information? Or....you can take advice from Brian - which is as good as it gets. He is a walking encyclopedia in regards to these cars, and you just can't ask for more than that. So help me if the B.S. on this site causes Brian to leave....well...I'd rather not think about it.

24. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.

Really?
    Please point me in the right direction. Link?
    I would love to get in touch again after all those years.

Best and thanks
    Martin

25. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Unfortunately with pages missing, or torn out, after it's beginning to get interesting.

Best
    Martin