Ferrari's Official Site - sucks this bad? | FerrariChat

Ferrari's Official Site - sucks this bad?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Jun 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #1 rob lay, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    how hard should it be to search for models? I have done it like 10 times and I'm well versed doing advanced searches edmunds.com etc.

I want to search any where for manual 612's. No matter what I do it wants to show me V12's just in Canada. You can see in my search results I didn't specify Canada. You think a company large as Ferrari would get a solid system for inventory search.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #2 rob lay, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I've not been to the site recently but last I was, it was the pits :)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    1) haven't figured out how to get back to your original search - back page erases some of the details in search although I agreed to cookies.

2) Ferrari of Denver had a 612 listed as manual, which was a F1.

3) It is slow as FerrariChat 2002.

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Yes, I've been searching dealer used inventories too and it's a pain. Plus I've noticed that apparently not all dealer inventory appears on the FNA site.

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    And you were expecting....

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    +1. When I was actively searching 2.5 years ago, I found the Ferrari site frustrating to use. And as you did, most dealers did not update regularly to the Ferrari site, so it was better to go to each dealer website individually. I would check them weekly, because even if I gave my information to a dealership of my interests, none of them would ever call me when they had a 430 berlinetta or 430 Scuderia in inventory. Sign of order takers, rather than professional sales people...

8. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    The horribleness of Ferrari's website is what led me to FerrariChat. I always had an interest in Formula 1, and in particular Ferrari. When I started to get more into it, I sought out more, consistent info on the team. I started with Ferrari's website, which was barely one step above worthless. Googling around for more info on F1 and Ferrari, led me here.

Mark

9. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    The site is a pile of crap. I suspect its because they spend most of their effort trying to use it as a brand marketing tool (and to sell Merchandise) rather than trying to make it a useful tool for prospective buyers. The latter likely constitute a small percentage of the sites traffic, and Ferrari would prefer they go talk to a dealer anyway.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ferrari reached out to me. They are aware of some issues that they are working on and are open to more feedback. Understand they are pretty short staffed, especially the FNA level.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    You should see the historic part!!..a 312p was Ferraris racer for the 1971 season!! give me a break!!

12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Here's a suggestion for them: Surely the dealers' systems are linked to FNA for new car inventory updates. Why not duplicate that for used cars?

13. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

12# Ferrari 312P's (3.0-Litre Flat 12) were built for the 1971 - 1972 racing season.

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    LOL.. F1 listed as "manual".. yeah it's not just the Ferrari site.

I'll wager they're using IP to geolocate the user or using the fingerprint perhaps?

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I expect that on Edmunds, not from Ferrari dealers.

16. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    LOL. Maybe they should take a little out of the 'Vettel' budget.

17. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. The site has been bad for years. No exaggeration.

18. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's a first.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #19 rob lay, Jun 19, 2017
    I would love to learn more about the Lusso T, but site just hangs. All those fancy overdone graphics just make the site unusable. I'm on fiberoptics too.

20. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I had the opportunity to produce Ferrari NA's first website, Ferrari.com, because I owned Ferraris.com (a lifestyle magazine) and they were not happy. I turned their cease and desist demand around and put Ferrari NA on the internet. Oddly, Ferrari.com at the time was pointed to Lamborghini.com as the then owner of Ferrari.com was holding it for ransom. He later sold out for $5K. This was around 1995.

I bring this up because the part of the website's (intranet) effort was to get the franchised dealers to stop leaving money on the table by letting independents control the used Ferrari market. The dealers really did not want to cooperate (swap or sell) with each other with the Ferraris they took in on trade. This was also the time the dealers were being culled (Steven Kessler, Gaston Andre) and the Factory (Beverly Hills, FoLI) stores began appearing.

Years later after I retired my influence in Englewood Cliffs, Ferrari S.p.A (running Ferrari.it) took over all the world wide Ferrari websites.

And there kids is the history lesson for today.

21. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    don't mess with Sasketchewan?

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Interesting Dave, never knew that.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ferrari makes it impossible to find cars? Are they only listing Certified cars now? Look at my search, why does it insist on Canadian dollars? If users don't notice the details like I do they would just assume dealers don't have hardly any cars for sale.

24. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Its no cancelation, but when I was looking for a Vantage last year, Astons websites and dealers were exactly the same. Dealer stock didn't appear on the main website, Main website had an alert feature, which would send you an alter about a week after a car was listed and if it was a decent spec it was long sold! You could leave all the details in the world with the dealers but they would never call you when a car came in; they only seemed capable of selling what happened to be on the forecourt at the time.

Still their loss as I bought an F car instead!

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ferrari 312P were built for the 1969 season, the 312PB were built for 1971-1972 and 1973 season