Project 355: ... New Robust Bypass Valve Design ... Rattles and Buzzes NOT Included!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Project 355: ... New Robust Bypass Valve Design ... Rattles and Buzzes NOT Included!!

Discussion in '348/355' started by gothspeed, Jun 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Why not reach out to Goth / Ricambi ? I'm sure both will stand behind the product.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#52 Ricambi America, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    John -

You left us a voicemail last night after we had already closed -- so I'm not quite sure how we could have replied before your late-night posting on Fchat.

We have had 2 prior situations where these valves failed to operate correctly and both cases were a direct result of user-manipulation/adjustment during the installation process. Gothspeed provides an installation sheet with each valve that indicates the item should not be 'tuned' or modified.

Please contact me and we'll arrange to have your old valve returned to Gothspeed for refurbishment.

(Ian: Install your valve carefully, according to the install guide and I'm confident you'll have no problems with it).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks, Daniel. I'll be sure to read the instructions.

Cheers.

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Instructions? Daniel, you expect people read them? :D

All joking aside, I'd reach out to Goth and suggest he make a small design change to prevent this. The harsh reality is, people don't read instructions (I'm guilty). And, you have initial installation which may go fine but down the road, someone (with instructions long gone) may service the car and screw it up.

Best to errorproof it (notice I did not say "foolproof") :)

Hope that helps.

5. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    Actually I do read instructions and did install carefully, without "manipulation/adjustment". I am mechanically capable (with engineering PhD) and it is a pretty simple install.

Resolving what to do with this valve is another issue that is external to fchat. I simply posted my experience.

I have owned the car long enough to appreciate both how crappy the Ferrari valves are, and how good it is for people like Gothspeed to try and provide a better solution.

6. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    This will be resolved promptly ... PM sent

7. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    not sure i understand, a design change to prevent what..?

this is a one piece part.. that can only go in, in one direction..

what "manipulation/adjustment" could there be..?
    it fits between the ypipe outlet and exhaust bypass inlet and that's it..

8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm Guessing, and only guessing, the top of the valve, where the air connection is, may be able to rotate.

9. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    The instructions are meant to not 'adjust' the valve assembly itself .... because all adjustments and tolerances are set on a fixture. The fixture settings are critical for proper initial 'break-in' ...... so when entire assembly sees full exhaust heat ..... the assembly will 'settle in' correctly. This will lengthen the service life of the valve before any possible rebuild would be needed. :)

Did I mention this valve is rebuildable? Well it is! ... 'fully rebuildable' ..... quite possibly making this bypass valve the last one your f-car would ever need .... :cool: