How am I getting a Slow Down light?!? | FerrariChat

How am I getting a Slow Down light?!?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Jun 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ok, I started my car today..immediately greeted with an amber blinking "Slow down". Turned the car off for a few minutes, restarted, everything ok. Drove for about 2-3 miles, and greeted with the steady "slow down". Turned car off, restarted and drove home with no other issues.

I have aftermarket cats and my temp monitoring has been turned off, according to my PPI last year. How in the world am I all of a sudden getting the stupid light?

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Bad vesicovini box (temp thermocouple ecu). If it has no temp ECUs.. then whatever they did is ****ing up. Simple as that. Look under the engine panels...

3. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    01 360 Spider

.. happened to me too.. intermittent problem. I bit the bullet and, not knowing which was bad, replaced both thermocouple ECUS (signal data converters) and no more slow down light.

Dunno about the aftermarket cat mod but sounds like your ECUs are missing a signal.

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I also made the horrible mistake of not having the battery on the charger for exactly 1 night. Could it also be another temper tantrum due to that?

5. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I also had the ECU/box thing go bad. Developed a crack at one plug-end. Dealer replaced free of charge as I had bought the car second hand from them.

I can leave the car sitting a week and it starts up just fine, you would have to have a failing battery if it required the trickle charger every night just to run fine the next day. I believe some have mentioned their car firing up just fine even if it sits a few weeks.

6. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Same here. I have left my car sitting in the garage for a few days with no problems. Perhaps a good time to change the battery to a lighter one for weight savings.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ill check the ECU's but the battery is less than a year old....o put ot back on the charger so Ill try to take it out again.

8. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Not if your battery is decent.

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Unlikely. Catalyst ECUs issues and bad thermocouplers are a common problem. I replaced at least two catalyst ECUs during my 10 year ownership of my 355. There are plenty of threads here on how to diagnose both components and determine which is defective. You should own an OBDII scan tool. Ebay has them for cheap. I have a ELM 327 scan tool with Bluetooth connection to my IPhone. I downloaded an free app for my IPhone. Works great. Cost all of $10 or so. Scanning codes can assist with narrowing which side is bad....then by swapping components left to right you can see if the problem moves.

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I have one....somewhere