Time For Another Mondialpalooza??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Time For Another Mondialpalooza???

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by David Lind, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Carol and I are in!

Now I have to keep my Mondi another year.
    That's ok by me.

DavidJ

2. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    We are talking 2018. The 5 year reunion

3. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    The 4th of July isnt really crazy around here BUT hotels/condos double in price. So a week after is fine too. Our beach launches fireworks every Thursday so we wont miss out on that. If you guys would rather do the mountains, thats good too but we need a host. We have land near Gatlinburg but its straight up 4000 ft on a gravel road but there is a large (haunted) Inn nearby with an awesome view. I know of 4 Mondials in this area that im pretty sure would attend.

I guess lets pick the spot and plan and we have a year to make it a yuuuge event

4. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Mid-July in the mountains sounds like a winner ... nothing against the beach, however.

5. robogeeks

robogeeks Karting

Sep 15, 2012
    Either week is fine with us, and the beach or the mountains both would work, but frankly the plan mentioned earlier by Valenzo sounded awesome to me. Honestly, we're going for the people and the cars, so as long as it's sometime between late June and early August you can have it whenever you want, wherever you want, we'll be there. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

6. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I felt like having a home base with a host really held the last one together. I've run on gravel roads before and it's fun but not for everyone. With this in mind I think the beach is the more solid basis for the event. It would be a shame to fly in for this one too but better than not attending. Of course if I can swing the time, adding 5k miles
    Would be fun.

7. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    PV, 5 thousand miles for you is a trip around the block!

8. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    BTW: there are no gravel roads that I drive on in the Smokies. All the park roads, the Tail of the Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway, the Blue Ridge Parkway (which starts on the south side of the park at Cherokee, NC) are all paved.

9. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    My mention of gravel roads is just up to my land from Hwy 74 which overlooks Cherokee. The whole area (as you know) is beautiful and the roads are great.

Either area is fine with me.

10. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Valenzo, that sounds like a great parcel of land!

11. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    I would love to be part of palazzo 2, however if you wind up with July 4 being part of the dates I am out until 2021, as I am on our local July 4 firework and events committee until that year. I'll follow the thread and hopefully can be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Id like to see as many participate as possible so if the 4th is a problem for some then we can look at other weekends.

Suggestions?

13. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    Would be up for NC mountain trip.

14. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I like to read another Mondipalooza is setting up. I enjoyed the first one a lot. No more a Ferrari owner but always fun to follow those threads.

15. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Always welcome regardless of ownership! You are an honorary Palooza lifetime gues.. c l ö w d :)

16. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    1. Create scatter chart (map) showing F dealerships and trusted services across the US.
    2. pick a route which passes the "most" dealers/services. 3. Pick six weeks. 4. Get local sponsors along the route. Many, many Mondial's can participate by joining/leaving at will. Brainstorming only at this point.

17. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Very clever!

18. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I vote for the mountains over the beach.

The cool mountain air in the morning, nice curvy roads and beautiful scenery.

The beach in the summer holds no appeal for me, but I live in Florida so I may be a bit jaded.

But to be able to escape our scorching July heat here in Florida for the much cooler mountains, I am in for that!

I have friends in the Boone area, very nice, cool temps due to the elevation, close to the Parkway and lots of places to stay. Boone is a college town, so there are some eclectic restaurants there too.
    Alden

19. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I too would prefer the mountains but not just for cooler temps. For me, going on group drives on great serpentine roads would be essential to the gathering. I've driven around the SC coastal area, and there are some nice country roads but nothing like the Dragon, Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc.
    Just my 2 cents.

20. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I concur. The Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap Tennessee, only 11 miles long but with 318 turns, is just one example.

21. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Thanks Ted! Who know, I may decide to pick a ride and end-up somewhere with my Mondial buddies.

22. ssrealty

ssrealty Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Warren
    I would be interested in a TN event for next year.

23. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    I would also be interested - how about PA or WV? Nemacolin resort or Greenbrier are nice places around here, maybe more central than NC. Having said that, will be down in Brevard in about a month to see the solar eclipse..

H

24. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
  25. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind