Place in Baton Rouge for Ferrari Service | FerrariChat

Place in Baton Rouge for Ferrari Service

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by LACOUNTRYHICK, Dec 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LACOUNTRYHICK

LACOUNTRYHICK Rookie

Dec 12, 2016
    Springfield, LA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Looking for a place to perform Ferrari service in the Baton Rouge/Hammond area. I've heard VEX (Vinnie's Exotics) is a pretty good shop and won't rape you on prices. Any advice is appreciated.

2. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  3. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I'll put in a big recommendation for Vinnie, especialy if you are already in BR. He is VERY knowledgeable, as honest as they come, a true enthusiast himself, and most importantly just a genuinely nice, down to earth guy. He's started his business at ground zero and in just a very short period time has built a big clientele, and has recently had to move to a larger shop for I think the third time in about a year. He hasn't grown so large so quickly for no reason. Really the type of entrepreneur we all admire here on FChat. If you're on facebook you can follow him on there, he always has an interesting project or two going on and you can see the quality of his work.

All that said, you also can't go wrong with Jim Lindsey. He knows his stuff backwards and forwards as well. A few of my Hattiesburg area friends use him and have always been very happy with the quality of his work. We are honestly quite lucky to have two talented guys like these two in our area.

4. LACOUNTRYHICK

LACOUNTRYHICK Rookie

Dec 12, 2016
    Springfield, LA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  5. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Address & tel # for Vinnie's, please?
    Thanks!

6. MrMark

MrMark Karting

Apr 3, 2013
    Louisiana, USA
  7. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
  8. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Jumping in very late into the conversation but I will second what Nathan said about Vinnie's. Vinnie has been very fair, very honest, and he loves what he does.... He's the consummate professional. Many people would have shied away from my Frankenstein 308 but not Vinnie, he kept an open mind and has treated me very well every time that I've needed something. Highly recommended!

9. pelagicplague

pelagicplague Rookie

Aug 24, 2014
    Denham Springs, LA
    Full Name:
    Alan Hale
    Was that yours with the 327? If so, nice work, saw it a few months back. Vinnie is great. Knows I like to work on my own stuff and leaves me just enough rope not to hang myself. I never hesitate to bring it to him though. Always seem to leave with money left over. I'll be trying out Mr. Lindsey here shortly as well, since he has an SD2.

10. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    While not in Baton Rouge Highland Motorcars has been quietly building a clientele in Houma. They specialize in exotics built before all the OBDs and especially carbureted cars.
    They have both a Facebook and Instagram page with some interesting photos of cars the staff have worked on over the past forty years. It's worth a look.

11. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yeah Alan, that's my 308. It's getting an F355 engine and gearbox as I couldn't take the GM or the ZF trans. It's nice to know there are good shops popping up in southern Louisiana. As long as I'm in Baton Rouge, Vinnie's VEX is where my car will go to get serviced.
    Steven

12. ahirsh

ahirsh Karting

Oct 14, 2015
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I saw a post on Vinnie's Facebook page for his shop about this build getting underway. That's a very cool project. The progress will be interesting to follow.