Best Leather Conditioner/Cleaner | FerrariChat

Best Leather Conditioner/Cleaner

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ko23, Jun 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ko23

ko23 Karting

May 6, 2015
    What is the best and safest leather conditioner on the market today? Chamberlain Leather milk, Leather Nova, Leatherique, or just old school Lexol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Leatherique is much better suited (made) for Connolly leather

Lexol doesn't properly nourish over time

Best results I've seen are from Liquid Leather - different types to choose from
    [​IMG]

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Leatherique is in my opinion the best!

paulie_b likes this.
  4. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Yes absolutely. I've always thought Gliptone was the best. Used it for many years on a slew of Jags starting with a '52 drophead coupe and on through 12 cylinder XKE's. Now used on my '04 360 spider for over three years with great results. Crema colored leather is soft and still maintains the matte finish. Aroma always gets the "new car smell" comments from passengers.

Cheers, Andy

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Everything else I tried is a total just joke. Could not agree more.

6. BucksTifoso

BucksTifoso Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Furlong, PA
    Full Name:
    Randy Crownover
    I tried Leatherique and it worked fine. Just used Swissvax and liked that better. The brushing technique with the leather cleaner really makes it look like new. The leather milk seems to do a good job of moisturizing the leather without making it overly greasy.

7. ko23

ko23 Karting

May 6, 2015
    If the leather is in great shape, do you need to use the Leatherique oil and then the Pristine Clean combination all the time? Can one just use the Pristine Clean for easy maintenance every few months? Has anyone done this with this product?

8. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yes, but conditioning every year or so is wise.

9. Esoteric Auto Detail

Esoteric Auto Detail Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Once again we have to agree with the Leatherique recommendation!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLr7igvCZc[/ame]

ducatiguy likes this.
  10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    +1 on leatherique - amazing product

11. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    huge difference

12. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Leatherique has worked well for me.

13. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I just finished using the Leatherique....worked quite well, use a brush to scrub dirty edges and steam outside in the sun. I then cleaned and retreated just the seats. Easy to use and cleanup is easy.

14. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I've used leatherique for the past three years with great results. Some effort required but works well on the black leather with yellow stitching that I have. I just follow the instructions posted by Esoteric Auto.

15. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

I prefer the Pinnacle leather conditioner, it's ph balanced to match leather, contains a strong UV inhibitor, plus lanolin and other natural oils. Pinnacles leather cleaner is another excellent product which deep cleans and preps the leather for the conditioner.

16. Andy458

Andy458 Karting

Jun 26, 2017

Hobacks427,

I also have black leather with yellow stitching. The yellow stitching didn't get dirty while using Leatherique?

Just thought the dirt may transfer from the seat to the stitching while cleaning ?

Thanks
    Andy

17. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Anyone use color plus products besides me? It put life back in my side bolsters.

sjd

18. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
  19. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Well I'm waaaaay late in seeing this question. But in the interest of science and in closing the loop: I still use the Leatherique combination. I don't get the rejuvenator on the stitching. I use a small paint brush and dress the leather just about up to the penetrations in the the leather where the stitching goes through. Then when using the Prestine Clean, I work up to the stitching but try to stay off the stitch lines. It ends up being a panel by panel approach but has worked to keep the stitching clean and bright. Since I'm.a Northeasterner, I do the two part treatment over the winter in a piecemeal fashion. Then clean once over the summer with the cleaner only.

Solid State likes this.
  20. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    What's wrong with Connolly Hide Food?

FerrfanFL likes this.
  21. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Most of you will not believe what i am about to say here. So please read the advice on Auto Leather on the LTT Leather Care ( LTT Leather Care Harrogate England UK ).
    You cannot " Condition" modern auto leather, but you can clean it and you can protect it.
    Modern auto leather has a painted surface, that painted surface is the colour of your seats etc, it will find it hard to absorb the creams and conditioners you apply to it.
    Auto Leather is completely different to furniture leather or say, leather used on saddles etc.
    Far better to vacuum weekly - removes dust and food particles trapped in the surface.
    Clean often with a good auto leather cleaner, if heavily soiled, use your hands or a very soft " babies " bath brush to gently agitate the surface, never scrub!.
    Now use plenty of clean cloths or paper towels to lift away the dirt, using one cloth will simply move the dirt around.
    Protect - use a good leather protector that gives a nice OEM matt finish.

22. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    Nothing. It's a fantastic product. I was NOT impressed with Griots black.....Pinnacle is also excellent....

23. JTT

JTT Karting

Jun 16, 2020
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    J Taylor
    In your experience how does the stitching in your seats react to the leatherique?
    Thanks,
    Joe