No LaFerrari Aperta? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

No LaFerrari Aperta?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by joe sackey, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That reminds me of a certain famous collector who many years ago (before information was widely traded on the internet) purchased an alloy body Cal Spyder. Later he invited a couple of experts to view his latest 'find'. Then he was advised that he had actually purchased a steel body version Spyder...

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #77 joe sackey, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    FWIW, it's worth noting that in fact the tribute plaque in the F12 TDF that is shown in various places online contains no mention of a specific chassis number.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    So he has 2 tribute cars to the competizione...

4. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    After i saw on instagram, that he paied 6 Mio for the Lusso
    i was happy for him if there were a Comp VIN... :D

5. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #80 -CD-, Jun 23, 2017
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I doubt he paid $6m.

7. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Ouch. The internet's worth its weight in owners manuals and tool kits alone!

8. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    And the plaque refers to it as "The", so perhaps less than four were built?

9. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I would assume now it's referring to the model than a specific car?

I guess like how the F60 America F12 is dedicated to the NART cars?

10. Historic F1

Historic F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    So if someone on social media was posting pictures of your car claiming it belonged to him that would be ok with you? I highly doubt it. Why pretend to own 288 GTO EVO when in fact it belongs to someone else? In my world that extremely disrespectful. These are prized possession that people all over the world follow. Especially a 1 0f 5 Evo. I would love to see pictures of it and all the others on a daily basis but please don't lie to people that don't know.

11. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #86 Peloton25, Jun 23, 2017
    I was referring to the limited models in his garage. Wasn't aware he had a 458SA - I've stopped following him on IG for obvious reasons. 😉

If I was subjected to all the nonsense he posts I would be inclined to comment, setting myself up for one of these DM's my friend received below where he again insisted his Lusso Comp is not a fabrication or figment of his imagination. :rolleyes:

>8^)
    ER
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    We can't deduce that from this plaque, meanwhile I've asked Marcel if he can kindly comment on whether there was indeed a Ferrari SpA purpose-built car designated as the "250 GT Lusso Competizione" in period, and if so, how many were made.

For purposes of clarification, I posted the tribute plaque to keep the discussion both fair & objective without assuming anything, that said, its clear that Ferrari SpA Atelier haven't confirmed anything at all by this plaque as it makes no reference to any other specific vehicle.

I must confess I did not know about the controversy surrounding his 250 GT Lusso until he facilitated this latest LA Times article last week, so, the obvious question would be, how long has it been since has the Lusso's identity crises been pointed out?

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It's been pointed out to him pretty much since day 1.

14. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    His account is notorious for banning people who counter his claims in the comments, but there has certainly been an abundance of people trying to set the record straight.

Same with the US VIN/P1 GTR claims he continues to make.

It's hard to know whether he has been misled, is simply ignorant or if there is a more sinister motive behind his false statements, but he's definitely convinced himself he is correct and not the least bit open to reason.

>8^)
    ER

15. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    No more Ferrari posts lately on his IG.

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    These instagram stars all stretch reality, doesn't bother me much. Just gotta remember to take everything they post with a less than serious attitude.

17. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Like I said, I met him a few times and he seems like a very kind person. I don't think this thread was started to bash the poor guy. There are probably worse people on this site. Give the guy credit. He is good to our Ferrari community. I've had great conversation with him and if you haven't, before knocking the guy, maybe you should too.

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Since I started it, let's be 100% clear, this thread was not started to bash anyone.

Basically, this thread actually helps the subject convey his own message about the way Ferrari are treating him, just as his news piece intended. Perhaps its unfortunate that some unintended consequences have resulted, but he should expect that.

In case anyone wants to know, the news piece was actually forwarded to me by my son Sterling the very same day the LA Times news piece was published, and, since the primary focus of the LA Times piece is Ferrari Supercars, it belonged in this section, so I posted it.

I don’t recommend anyone even think about shooting this messenger!

I also don't think people are ”knocking the guy” at all, as, the latter suggests that a person is being given a negative review out of malice or without any basis-in-fact by haters (whose agenda always speaks more about themselves than the person they are hating on anyway). I think people are simply discussing a number of inconsistencies & contradictions all of which are basically his own public creation, and are are curious as they have a right to be with anything that is made public content. As the saying goes, Inquiring Minds Want to Know.

Let’s all remember, on any public forum, the person under discussion has the opportunity to respond, explain, and clear things up to the extent that they can, so people can draw their own conclusions.

That said, I think there has been good effort within this thread to keep the discussion fair & objective.

Carry on Ladies & Gentlemen.

19. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The guy's reaction to people when they point out his cars aren't what he claims, is to:

A)Block them
    B)Message them (as above) asking them to retract their claim
    C)Make a new post calling out the "haters" b/c a nerve was struck.

You can be the nicest, most charitable man in the world. It doesn't give you a free pass to make whatever false statements you want. I would be highly interested to see someone have a "great conversation with him" that involves pointing out the Lusso and see if he doesn't "correct" you, or "block" you.

20. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #95 iloveferrari, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Since Trump decided to run for the WH, we all learned there was no such a thing as bad news anymore. LA Times report of his rejection only brought more attentions to him and his business.

If I were a high power in the secret room of Ferrari that decides who gets the allocation, I would not want Ferrari brand be used to promote other people's business, unless there is a very obvious ROI to Ferrari. But again, as the number one most recognized brand in the world, why would I help a local jewelry store by letting him have the revered LE car and then promote his watches that are being sold by his store on the same IG picture?

All were calculated by all parties involved. This is just a business decision at the end of the day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

21. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    as this thread is about IG folks and ferraris.. I am genuinely curious to know why Manny Khoshbin does not have any ferraris in his collection? Anyone know why? a dispute?

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    https://goo.gl/images/6vUNUj

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    True.

Although you can't stop someone from saying anything they want including continued misrepresentation-of-fact, equally, in all fairness, people have the right to point this out.

For example, I know an individual who has gone to not inconsiderable lengths to misrepresent the history of his vintage Italian car continuously for the past 20 years, never conceding that his representation is erroneous despite the procurement of factory records which prove his misrepresentation. The sad part is, everyone in the community knows this and rolls their eyes over it, and the individual would gain immeasurable credibility by simply accepting the obvious.

I also know a number of people in the car community who continuously pretend that cars in their care are their own personal cars, when in fact everyone knows that their implied or suggested ownership is actually not the case.

Sadly, these things are not that uncommon in the car world, I should know, I encounter many interesting individuals.

I think these are the types of issues people have, whether a person is rich or nice is irrelevant to them, they simply want to know if a person has integrity.

The bottom line is, you can't save people from themselves and they are going to do what they do, just learn to be perceptive and over time the obvious will reveal itself.

Absolutely.

I think this contrarian man simply likes other things besides Ferraris, and is happy with what he has.

24. Historic F1

Historic F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    I agree with you and I don't. No skin off my back. He can do what ever he wants. Just so odd to me.

25. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Big time.