Bent rear emblem | FerrariChat

Bent rear emblem

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tfarn, Jun 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tfarn

Tfarn Rookie

Dec 2, 2016
    While washing my 360 this morning I hooked the tail of the prancing horse with my wash sponge and bent it! I tried to ease it back, but there is now adhesive visible and the tail is not flush to the grill. It's not terrible but I would consider replacing it if reasonable. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James

Ebay is your best bet. Lot of stores sell OEM used/new parts. Good Luck!!

3. Vertico

Vertico Rookie

Nov 10, 2016
    You can use dental floss to help remove it if you decide to replace it

4. Tfarn

Tfarn Rookie

Dec 2, 2016

Thank you. Will adhesive come with an OEM replacement? Will I need to clean off old adhesive? I would be concerned about getting it replaced in perfect position.

5. Vertico

Vertico Rookie

Nov 10, 2016

Carnuba wax does a great job of removing adhesive. Not sure if the F oem part comes with adhesive.

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thats weird...mine is held on by 2 small nuts (that like to come loose), no adhesive at all. Is that normal?

7. Tfarn

Tfarn Rookie

Dec 2, 2016

You are correct, that's my bad. I just went out and looked and mine is the same. I think what I was seeing is where the emblem (where the tail moved) had rubbed on the paint and I assumed it was adhesive.

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Then maybe you can remove it, bend it back, then tighten it back up? Of course you'd have to remove the bonnet latch unless you want to do some aerobics in the process...

9. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    I had mine removed while installing rear challenge grill. The prancing horse is held in place with two 8mm nuts from behind. Might be very hard to open them whilst the back panel is in place. Maybe this is a good time to switch on the grill too! Looks great on a rosso corsa car.

10. Tfarn

Tfarn Rookie

Dec 2, 2016

Thanks for all the help! I am not ready to replace the grill just yet. I may try to bend it back in place from where it is. Worse case scenario, I will remove and replace. Thanks again!