Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 83 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I saw a Cayman GT4 yesterday. It was red with a gray stripe. I knew it was a Cayman, but I had to keep looking at it, because I wasn't *quite* sure it wasn't something more exotic. I blame the stripe.

2. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    #2052 INTMD8, May 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They get along well :D I have only encountered nice people that are curious to learn more, never the negative comments I've read some have experienced here.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #2053 daytona355, May 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cool cars..... he's a lucky chap. I had a C5 vette back in 2001, bright red, but while it was a great car (and handling when I changed the tyres to Avon turbospeeds from the stock goodyears became a step from awesome), just too big for the roads here when sitting on the left and trying to do much spirited driving, by the time you could see past someone to overtake, you might already be in the fender of a truck!

4. DocRogers

DocRogers Karting

Oct 11, 2015
    Maine
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    "Wow, I didn't know they made Ferraris with the engine in front!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They do!?!? :p

6. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Nice Vette. A favourite of mine in recent years.

7. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I got out of my 360 Spider and a guy ask, "Is it a Lamborghini Mustang?". I laugh and said, "Yes, last year's model". First time I heard of this.

8. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    That's the stupidest comment I've seen yet.

9. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Has anyone called your car a 'rari? A couple people have said that when I tell them I have a Ferrari. It sounds so stupid to me.

10. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Also, I like to take my Testarossa to car shows. Most ones around here have only 50s and 60s cars but whatever. Anyway, I'm walking around looking at the other cars with my Ferrari hat on and some dude with a camaro says dismissively, "and just where is your 'Ferrari' huh?" I looked at him, pointed about 30 feet away and said, "Right there." He quickly shut up.

Aedo likes this.
  11. AUDIO RESEARCH

AUDIO RESEARCH Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    There was a time in our Sports Car club meeting a friend of mine drove his newly arrived from the USA , his Dino 246 GTS . One member in the club who had more money than brains came w/ a brand new Porsche Boxster . He asked the owner of the Dino what kind of kit car it is and who made it.

12. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I may well have mentioned this before.
    A good many years ago walking around EPCOT @ Disney World and with a Ferrari baseball cap on, an employee of Disney smiles and says "Do you own a Ferrari sir?" with a smirk on his face.
    I replied with a 'yes I do' but then thought how many F1 fans wear a Ferrari hat.
    I've seen people wearing football shirts and they probably don't even have shares in that football (soccer) team but are fans. Where is the big deal with wearing your favourite team wear?

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nice!

;)

14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    When that kind of comment happens to me, I'm sure to get my phone out, and spend five minutes of their time showing them literally hundreds of pictures of the various ferrari, lambo, Aston's etc that I've had over the years, and I'm sure to ask them if they have a pic of their car (so I can have the laugh they aren't using) at them

15. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I wonder the very same thing.

16. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Reminds me of one occasion where my wife wants to drop by Costco to pick up some items and it was near closing time. I was just finishing up working on the Ferrari still wearing my dirty work clothes. While the Mrs. was shopping, I went to visit the tire center to kill some time. I ask the guy if they carry a R34 group battery. He ask what's the car and I said a Ferrari 360. He sized me up and down and said, "You sure you own a Ferrari and not a Fiero?" I figure this is getting nowhere, so I said, "Never mind" and walked out. Later as we were heading out the exit, a bunch of guys from the tire center came out to see which car was idling so loud since I have a Tubi exhaust setup. There was a bunch of cars queued up ahead of me waiting to make a turn on the stop sign. I saw the guy that I was talking to and waved goodbye.

17. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You can't hide wealth. Owning a Ferrari imply high disposable income.

18. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I guess so, but surely I could just have been an F1 Ferrari fan? I'd wager there are more of those than Ferrari owners.

I accept at least here in the UK, should you frequent a car show where there are Italian replicas, then the owners are generally all in full Ferrari garb and perhaps it's the same in the US. Maybe that is why he asked.

19. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Been taking my 308 to work for a couple of days while I search for a new commuter and a homeless guy outside of a Starbucks told me as I was walking in "that used to be my car when it was red". I told him that I was sorry but the car was never red.....and I walked in to get some coffee. He told me coming out that he once had a GT40 and the even rarer GT50.....

20. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Must have been a former Enron executive who invested heavily in .dot coms in the late 90's.

21. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

A few years ago I pulled into a local 7-11 store driving my Jaguar Mark 2 , and a transient was sitting on the sidewalk next to my parking spot. As I got out of the car he looked over and said, oh a Jag Mark 2..........I used to have one of those. Then he was quiet for a few seconds and said, that seems like a really long time ago.

kenwidmerpool likes this.
  22. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Parked the 328 GTS (top off) at watch guy's business in mid level strip mall. Young kid - maybe 20- well meaning but totally clueless had these questions: What kind of car is that? Is the engine in the front or in the trunk? What model number is it? When was in built? Where do you put your groceries? Where's the rest of the roof? Do you need a special license to drive it? I patiently answered his questions and then he says (and this kid could not have had 20 bucks in his pocket). "I may have to add that to my catalogue of cars to consider!"

kenwidmerpool likes this.
  23. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Out in the Dino once at a show, an '80s Testarossa owner (wearing a Ferrari hat, polo shirt and shoes) comes up and insists that the Dino isn't a real Ferrari. I didn't argue, but pointed to his car and said "then maybe I should trade it for three of those real ones." Shut him up pretty quick.

24. 1919A4

1919A4 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Saint Petersburg FL
    I like to do my own yard work. Cut the grass, weed, everything. One morning while pulling weeds, my neighbor on his bike yelled " You own a Ferrari! Why don't you hire someone to do that?"
    I replied "I own a Ferrari. I can't afford to hire someone!"

Aedo likes this.
  25. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    :D Well played!