70th anniversary festivities @ Maranello | FerrariChat

70th anniversary festivities @ Maranello

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by glob1971, Jun 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    #1 glob1971, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Was just told that the 70th anniversary events organized by Ferrari will be restricted to VIP's only, so called "closest clients to the factory". Activities will not be opened to everyone, as occurred during festivities of the 60th anniversary. In other words, if you are not a "closest client" or a VIP, you are not welcome.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Typical bs

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sent last week Friday 16th June 2017 by Ferrari SpA in Italy to official clubs:

„As you already know, on September 8, 9 and 10, Ferrari has organized some private events to celebrate the 70th Anniversary together with some of the closest clients to our Factory. Unfortunately there won’t be activities open to everyone, as occurred during the festivities of the 60th Anniversary. For this reason, we do not recommend that you organize other activities with your club members in Maranello during those days”.

4. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Correct.... even better with the exact wording. Thanks.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Would it be helpful to add this to all the other 70th threads ?

6. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    A real shame. We are booked in on the Sept 8th through 11th@Maranello Residence. I may well just cancel it.

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You can probably attend the RM Sotheby's Ferrari auction Saturday 9th September.
    I assume all you have to do is buying a catalog.

Marcel Massini

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    What a shame. The 60th event was amazing from what i saw with hundreds or thousands of Ferrari in and around the factory.

I wonder how many owners will simply not go anymore.

9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I was at the 60 s and it was really an amazing event ! what a shame, Marchionne is a poison for enthusiats owners.

10. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
    I was also at the 60th. The hotel in Maranello for the 70th is booked since December.

So I will to there for the 25th anniversary of the 456GT !

However, Let's wait for more news in the next weeks

11. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    Don´t expect positive news.
    The events will be closed to the public, even to Ferrari owners and clubmembers.the clubs are ambassadors of Ferrari and do important work all over the world for years.

Thats pure arrogance of Ferrari.

i was a true enthusiastic owner for almost 20 years but i am thinking of turning my back on Ferrari in the future.

it is a real shame to pic some dozens of owners and frustrate thousands of the others.

12. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    That's very sad! I'm just a Ferrari enthusiast (no Ferrari ownwer) and I hoped that this will be a great event open to all people with a lot of rare F-cars from today and the past. Maybe that could be the chance to see cars like a 250 GT California, 250 GTO etc. the first time in my life but after this information I'm a bit pissed of! Very poor move from Ferrari!

13. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
  14. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
    And also 10th of septembre, you can go to Goodwood Revival

15. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

I wouldn't of expected anything less.

I suspect Porsche would have a different approach.

16. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Ferrari factory sent invitations directly, will be a private celebration.
    Here the general program:

9th September:
    4PM: 70th Anniversary Auction, in collaboration with RM Auction
    7PM: Group activity
    9PM: Celebration night

10th September:
    9AM: Concourse d'Elégance

17. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I attended the 60th anniversary in Beverly Hills, CA and I'm wondering if they will do the 70th anniversary again in Beverly Hills?

18. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I can understand and relate to what you've just wrote, Michael.

In my humble opinion, it's the classic definition of stalemate: Ferrari doesn't need enthusiasts, pre-owned car owners nor even clients who bought several new cars at a particular dealership. The only thing Ferrari needs, wants and cares about is zillionaires and VIPs. And the rest of us who aren't rockstars, Bill Gates, oil moguls, etc don't need to buy Ferraris. Plenty of other exotic, super and hypercar manufacturers the world over, also in Italy, waiting and longing for our money.

I'm neither over the moon nor brokenhearted by the news that celebrations will be completely private in Maranello. Being an extremely private and discreet person, I get it. The only thing that strikes me as being rude (to put it mildly and avoid using a stronger adjective) is excluding official Ferrari owners' clubs.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

19. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, the arrogance of Ferrari (even towards those who have been invited - see below) is deeply disappointing.

For your information, I have been invited to the Concorso, which is restricted as per the following which I received from the organisers:

"The cars that can be enrolled have to be certified by Ferrari Classiche department that issue Certificates of Authenticity to road-going Ferraris over 20 years old and all Ferrari competition cars, including Formula 1 single-seaters and Special Series of any age. The road cars eligible for the Concourse should be produced until 1974 (Dino series) or 1976 (365 GT4BB), the special series until 2002 (Enzo). The Racing cars eligible for the Concourse should be produced until 1973 (365 GTB4 Comp.)"

Although I have been invited it is only because I own a Dino: I have never bought a new Ferrari, and the Classiche certification on my Dino was done by a previous owner, so I am certainly not on their VIP list.

However, even as an invitee, all my efforts to get some information about the event have been met by the equivalent of "pay now, we'll tell you later what you are getting for your money (maybe)".

I am deeply unimpressed by this attitude, which seems to be further evidence of Ferrari's arrogance.

I am certainly not going to fork out over £2,000 and drive my car over 1,000 miles each way, without some idea of what I shall be getting for my money, time and effort, if they can't be bothered to tell me what the event will entail, so I shall probably decline the invitation.

20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The factory is organising an anniversary rallye which starts 7th September from several major European cities (Geneva, London, Germany, etc.) towards Maranello, with arrival Saturday 9th September in the afternoon in Maranello.
    Cost for each car (2 people) is Euro € 4'600 plus VAT.
    I understands this includes a visit to the concours Sunday at Fiorano (10th September).
    Each dealer is allowed to invite 10 of his clients for participation in this rallye.
    That rallye has nothing to do with those cars being invited for the concours.
    You cannot go directly to Maranello but you must participate in the entire rallye.

Marcel Massini

21. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It s a total lack of respect since we spent money in the brand. Complete arrogance of tne new administration of Ferrari to really enthusiasts and club who made Ferrari notority every week !

22. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Why can't Ferrari do both? One private event and one for the masses?

23. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    In several European countries there are 70th anniversary meetings ("for the masses") such as the one tomorrow Saturday, 1st July 2017, at Hockenheim, Germany.

Marcel Massini

24. Valerian

Valerian Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    George
    Well this is sad. I love this place so I'm still planning to go but it will be disappointing to see all these cars arrive and watch them from distance...

25. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Marcel, am I assuming correctly that those who attend the Rallye also got invites to the special event?