F12 tdf market price thread | Page 14 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    pictures in the TDF Picture thread now...

2. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

Luscious!

3. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Romans in U.K. Sold a lovely rhd silver car approx 1 month ago ( I physically saw the car whilst there to buy something else ..), and are now advertising another car -a Giallo Tristrato rhd 1300 mile car - nice spec , POA..... I don't like the idea of cars being flipped like this - and I never would either for my tdf or any other model - but I'm not going to judge as I always give the benefit of the doubt....

4. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    So bit of history, I am lucky enough to own 5 ferraris presently all argento with black interior, have another 2 on the way same color combo. I had in addition owned a further 3 cars which I since sold.
    I asked for a tdf ages ago- sorry sir you aren't a good enough customer.
    Now my dealer has a tdf in my perfect spec which is 3 weeks old - yes 3 weeks, we could let you have it for a mere 1m gbp sir. List I think was just shy of 400k.
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they got one of their mates to buy it in my spec - in the event flipping it to me- tell me I am being stupid about that please.
    The other thing that comes to mind is you can eff off if you think i am paying you that - am I cutting my nose off to spite my face?

5. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Seems rude, no matter what

6. seawise

seawise Karting

Feb 29, 2016
    Sussex, UK
    I'd smile and politely decline their kind offer.... your time will come after all.

7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    In which case under no circumstances take it for a proper test drive..........

8. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    irvinest, you should have gotten Tim to get 2, and sell you one! Although I am not sure if Ferrari would be upset about it and not sell LE cars to Tim afterwards... and nobody wants that to happen!

9. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    That sort of premium is ridiculous. However, how many RHD TDF's were made?

Still double and then some premium is just silly.

10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Wow I'd love to see some pics of that argento stable

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #336 ttforcefed, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017

Argento is my favorite color. Can you post a pic of all 5 together. Certainly a thing of beauty! You are better off buying a cali T and a gtc4 if your goal is to get a higher rank on the "list". Only buy the tdf is you want it at that price.m

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I suppose its possible they knew you would want the car. But consider- would they really take that kind of risk- what if you decline? Granted this is a very handsome color combination. Perhaps an approach would be to consider at what price you would make the deal, and if its a realistic number, make the offer. Even if they decline, you've had further discussions about the car and if they can't find anyone else to take it, maybe they circle back....

13. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    I know of a collector who told me recently he paid over sticker by a little bit to get his TDF. This is a collector who owns LAF, LAF-A, every new high ticket car and biggest classics too. He isn't a flipper either - rarely ever sells. I'd estimate his collection at ~100 M USD at least. Needless to say I was shocked he had to pay over sticker!!

Me? I fell in love and paid FULL market value to get the first one available. Love sure is bittersweet.

14. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    #339 irvinest, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    Goal wasn't to get higher up the list but I wanted to own a f12 tdf because it is frankly an awesome car. I have a 488 spyder coming in q2 next year and an 812sf in q3- there'll be a divorce in q4 if I order a cali t and a gtc4.

16. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    I did make an offer for the car at 50% above list - which I thought was a decent offer given the "owner", if we can call him that, has owned the car for 3-4 weeks. Their response was frankly comical saying Ferrari wont let us sell the car at that price. My answer back to them is a - what has it got to do with Ferrari and b-it is 50% above list so why would they be concerned. Not wanting to burn my bridges any further I put my play nice hat on again after those questions.

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Amazing.

You should legally change your name to Mr Argento Nürbürgring.

Tell people your father is german and your mother Italian.

19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #344 of2worlds, Jun 30, 2017
    The Speciale is very nice with blue and white for the stripe and no red.
    As someone else noted pay the market value and grab the argento as that is your theme and someone else has done the job of building that tdF for you.
    It will also up your Ferrari ownership score number with the factory...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. TheL

TheL Karting

Jan 11, 2015
    EU
    You should contact directly Ferrari in this case, I believe they will not be happy dealer flipping a TDF on their name

21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #346 of2worlds, Jun 30, 2017
  22. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    I can't believe they were dumb enough to say "Ferrari won't let us sell the car at that price". That is an outright falsehood. What they really should be saying is "We can't let the factory know it was sold within the first six months or our dealership will get penalized". I would go back and present your offer again. I would also state that you will "store" the car for six months and only bring it to their dealership for warranty work/service. Dealerships are exposed when a car is sold within six months and the buyer brings it to another dealership for service (new owner info goes to factory). The original "owner" will also not want a flip sale recorded with the factory.

It will be interesting to find out who the first owner was. Hopefully the dealership didn't order it in your name and are taking this opportunity to fleece you. If you purchase the car I would see when they "punched" the car and who signed the warranty card. Seems like they're just holding onto something they know you want in order to line their pockets.

I'm sure another dealership will be happy to have your business. Things are slowing down. The premiums on the 488 are already gone. California T's are sitting. I know dealers still sitting on new FF's and new 488's (both versions). There will be premiums on the 812's but don't know how long on the GTC's.

I can't imagine my dealer would ever do anything like this. They've always been straightforward and honest about everything. They underpromise and overdeliver.

Your dealer seems a little disingenuous. Maybe you need to reconsider your relationship.

Good luck.

23. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Love the Speciale.

If I were you, even if money was no object, I'd pass on the tdf as I'd always feel like I'd been stitched up and think of that every time I looked at it.

24. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I know what you mean Justin but the trouble with the car is that it is just so damn good looking, you never feel ripped off.

25. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    Justin that is exactly how I will feel if I were to buy it at their asking price, and yes Tim the car is driveable and fantastic and beautiful and I know that over the longer term it will appreciate ( although if you ask me it will take a while to get past what they are asking for it) but I hate feeling ripped off as a matter of principle.
    I have 4 cars coming next year 2 from Ferrari and 2 from other makers so I know I will be in driving heaven whether owning a tdf or not.
    Anyway the trickiest negotiations I have to do over the next 2 weeks aren't going to be with a Ferrari dealer but my 11 year old daughter over which car to take on the 2000 mile trip to the North coast 500 and back. She is adamant she wants to do it in our land rover defender 110 -- she isn't the one driving obviously!