Review of Formula Dynamics wheels | FerrariChat

Review of Formula Dynamics wheels

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by treedee3d, Jul 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Having looked for a long time for "affordable" 19 inch wheels for my 456, I decided to take the plunge and ordered the wheels from Formula Dynamics.

The GOOD: Wheels look solid, greatly improve the car, came with spacers and bolts that fit perfectly and the car looks way better than the OEM 17s. Service was pretty friendly, they always answer the phone and respond to emails, were always helpful and they have discount sales so the price I paid was 1900$

The BAD: Wheels were ready almost a month later than their 4-6 week delivery promise and that caused me some headaches and they did not compensate me further which I was not looking for but I usually offer my clients when my company experiences a setback for the client. The center holes are too big and won't fit the oem yellow Ferrari centers so you have to use their caps. Finally the biggest disappointment for me is the paint finish: They are described as silver which to me implies there is a shine/pearl to the paint or a metallic type finish but in fact it's just a flat plain grey. Still looks good but the photo on their site looks way different than the actual wheels they deliver.

CONCLUSION: Happy with the purchase, tires cost me 768$ landed at discount tire direct, car looks better and when I get too much curb rash I'll refinish them in a proper silver finish. Center caps still have a prancing horse so I can live with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the review, I was curious about these for the 456.

3. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #3 2000 456M, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks. I almost went that route (I purchased their drilled and slotted rotors and dustless brake pads and like them a lot), but ended up getting OZ Superleggera IIIs on ebay. Their centers were also too large for the oem Ferrari caps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why not 3D print an adapter for the caps?

5. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Too much work.....I don't mind the center caps too much, I like the silver on black horse and I can live with the FD under but it's the lettering all around that bug me. I'll get used to it I suppose.

6. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Just my opinion, i would repaint them the correct silver now/asap.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Actual color is Argento Metallizzato/Argento Nurburgring (same color), PPG 36520 if you ever decide to repaint. They actually look pretty good as is to me.