70th anniversary festivities @ Maranello | Page 2 | FerrariChat

70th anniversary festivities @ Maranello

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by glob1971, Jun 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    By this I am assuming the invite is extended only if you bring a car?

2. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
    Even if I'm not invited, I will go to Maranello on the 8 / 10th of septembre and I will burn a pull over and the entry of the factory :)

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    What 70th Anniversary events are planned in the US?

4. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    #29 HotShoe, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    What about the Finali Mondiali?

Surely that is open, no? I went last year in Daytona and was planning on going to this year's in Maranello. I assumed there would be a big celebration there as well.

Finali Mondiali 2017 - Corse Clienti

How ironic that the company started by a poor, working man with really no social status or formal education now excludes the very type of people that helped it rise to success. Lol, I bet more than half of the original engineers, designers and drivers wouldn't get an invite today because they were too "common". Such a shame that Ferrari couldn't cater to their VIP's while also offering an option for the Tifiso. Sadly this elitist attitude trickles down and is evident even in the local club level here now where the current customers seem to be solely interested in owning the cars as a status symbol to show how much of a "baller" they are. :(

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    4.600 € plus VAT - for 2 days - nothing for me ! ! !:( :( :(

6. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Well said, agree completely.
    It's just about making even more money than ever.
    How pathetic.

7. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I have been told that there will be one held in NYC but i haven't been able to confirm.

8. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    That's a tremendous insightful post, John. Thank you for that.

All I can say is that I'll remember this next time I buy a supersports car or a classic.

In this day and age, so competitive, in which brands train their officials "ad nauseum" on customer satisfaction and customer loyalty is elevated to the degree of a religion... I question if it's wise in terms of future results/consequences, to alienate owners in this fashion. Some won't take it lightly I imagine.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

9. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Same here.... Bitterly disappointed by Ferrari's arrogance.

10. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic

+ 1 for me, going to trade my 458 Speciale for a GT2 RS.

11. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I have to admit that this has slightly tarnished the Ferrari ownership experience for me: the idea of driving my Ferrari to Maranello had been a very appealing one, a sort of "bucket list item". No more.

However, I did, as it happens, drive my Dino today and nothing can take away from the magic of that.

And of course arrogance is nothing new for Ferrari - after all, without it we would never have had Lamborghini, and the sublime Miura.

12. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    What goes around, comes around..........

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I assume that includes Saturday night dinner.
    Not sure about visiting Concours on Sunday. Really do not know.
    I believe the RM Sotheby's Ferrari auction will also take place Saturday night in Maranello. Again: NOT sure about all this.
    While Ferrari has been motor racing worldchampion many times they certainly are not champions when it comes to communication.

Marcel Massini

14. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
    saturday, from 5:00PM and during 2 or 3 hours

Ferrari ? Leggenda e Passione 2017 | Classic Car Auctions | RM Sotheby's

15. TheL

TheL Karting

Jan 11, 2015
    EU
    As far as I've been told the event will be for those who takes part to the Rally and for those one which have been invited directly by Ferrari. For the invited people, there is possibility to take part to the rally as well out just to reach Maranello on the 9th.
    The program for Saturday and Sunday will be the same for both "groups" , of course not clear yet what will happen in those two days exactly :)
    Rally starting from Prague costs 5.500 Euro

16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    This is as much detail as I can get out of Ferrari by way of information about the programme for Concorso invitees (of which I am one):

"The detailed program of the Concours d’Elégance Ferrari 70 will be sent in the following weeks.
    At the moment, we are delighted to inform you about the key events scheduled for the week end 8 th- 10 th September:
    - Friday night: welcome dinner
    - Saturday morning: tourist rally and lunch in a very exclusive place in Modena
    - Saturday night: dinner and an extraordinary show for the Ferrari Anniversary at the Fiorano Circuit
    - Sunday: Concours d’Elégance Ferrari 70 inside the Fiorano Circuit"

I can't even get them to confirm whether accommodation is provided for Sunday night (I suspect not), let alone where.

Further information in due course - after I have paid up (Euros 2,500).

VERY unimpressed.

17. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
    #42 vitajojo38, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    We are delighted... that you will pay 2500€ for 2 dinners and one lunch !!

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont understand why dont they do a private event and then have a parade in and around Maranello/Modena etc.

19. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Not going. I am not forking out good money and driving 1,000 miles each way for a magical mystery tour.

20. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

Thank you marcel-I'm driving in the rally from London ( via Birmingham!!) and am really looking forward to the rally 7th to 9th sept- driving my car there but then transporting car back as I'm staying in Italy as 3 days later I'm doing my advanced pilota-- yes some may say I'm a sucker but I'm sooo excited that the childish tifosi in me just sees the fun!!!

21. MortgageRockstar

Feb 8, 2013
    Mansfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Geof
    Can anyone share the details of the 70th Anniversary rally stops when they all meet up in Milan the afternoon/evening of September 8th and then stop in Parma for lunch on September 9th on the way to Maranello?

I am travelling to Italy for my first time ever and re-arranged my whole vacation to be in the Maranello area for four nights for the 70th Anniversary. I'm pretty disappointed learning recently from my dealer that it's invite only and I will not be able to attend any of the events.

Fortunately I did arrange quite awhile ago for a factory visit on Monday, September 11th, but it would be great to see the participant's Ferraris on their way to Maranello.

Please feel free to DM the information to me if you prefer not to share in a public forum.

Thanks so much to anyone willing to share.

22. MortgageRockstar

Feb 8, 2013
    Mansfield, MA
    Full Name:
    Geof
    By the way, if there are any other people in my situation that will be in the Maranello area anyway, I would love to connect and strategize on a plan to see as much as possible without a formal invite.

Feel free to send a DM or email me at [email protected].

23. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    + 1 !

Gr. Martin

24. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    I happen to be in Milan. Because I'm not a VVVIP, I am visiting Lamborghini and Pagani that day.

25. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Myself and my Fiancee will be in Maranello over the 8th - 11th then we are off down to Naples.