Florida vehicle insurance Q? | FerrariChat

Florida vehicle insurance Q?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by jamie140, Jul 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Hi guys.

I have a general umbrella liability insce. plan.

One of its requirements is that I maintain a min of $1mm liability coverage on my US vehicles. Progressive offers only $500k on my Florida car.

Can someone please rec an insurance provider who can offer a min of $1mm liability coverage?

Thanks.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I have Geico (Orlando, FL if that matters) and I maxed my coverage to bodily injury liability to $1 million per person/$1 million per occurrence. Property damage liability I maxed at $500k per occurrence.

Are you trying to get property damage and/or bodily injury liability to $1 million? If it's property damage, than GEICO wouldn't unless you probably call them to see if they can provide more.

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Try Allstate. I know they offer it for my cars in Virginia, but didn't ask if that level is available for Florida car coverage. I have an agent in each state as they can't cross state lines, but both policies are listed in a single Allstate web account.

4. UCFJWH

UCFJWH Rookie

Jan 5, 2016
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Jason Hendren
    If you have nice stuff and you want the appropriate coverage, don't insure your valuables with the discount brands. All my valuables are with Chubb and I pay more. When I had a bad accident in my rover, it was well worth the premium. I use Space Coast Insurance even though I am in Orlando and the service the hell out of me.

5. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Thanks guys. I'll try allstate and geico.

6. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    Melissa Fraley specializes in exotics. She represents Chubb, Hagerty and all the high end insurance carriers. She is in Tampa area and her office number is 727-447-6481

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    chubb, hagerty, pure

8. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Allstate will not do it. Our neighbor is an allstate agent and they don't insure over 100,000 . We have a 430 and a 458 with state farm. I don't think Geico does exotic cars in FL either. I will be happy if someone proves me otherwise.

9. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I am moving to FL fulltime and am in the process of getting quotes. Geico did provide me with a quote for my 488 Spider. It includes two other cars so that may have impacted their decision.

10. Copasetic222

Copasetic222 Karting

Jan 25, 2009
    My FF is insured in Florida with Met Life. Don't recall coverage limits off the top of my head, but I was pleased with the coverage and the cost.

11. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    For Allstate, I believe it must be a state/local thing. I got a quote from Allstate in Virginia for a new Cali (~$200K) a couple of years ago that I ended up not buying. Then again, perhaps Allstate has changed their corporate policy on Fcars everywhere since that time. For what it is worth, Allstate makes me have a separate policy and agent in Virginia and Florida where I have my ordinary cars registered.

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  13. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    I have geico auto and umbrella. My normal is 250/500 then umbrella kicks in

14. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    I was with Allstate with the 430 which was >$100k so apparently they do insure them in FL. It could be because I added the Ferrari after being with them for 20+years?

I say was with Allstate because I moved all the sports cars to Hagerty over a year ago--and am very happy.

Still have the daily drivers with Allstate and happy with them too.