456 on BAT | FerrariChat

456 on BAT

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by msark, Jul 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
  2. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    That is FChat own's Dean Halter's 456. I think his handle here is "dhalter". He is/was a frequent contributor to this forum.

He seems a very congenial guy: I spoke with him on the phone last year when I briefly considered buying his car and we had a few good exchanges.

3. dencap

dencap Karting

Sep 29, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Caponigro
    Dean is a very helpful guy.

He outlined the procedure to remove the 456's rear parcel shelf in great detail. It was of major value to the shelf's removal. He provided tips along the way, that helped facilitate the process.

Thanks again Dean.

Dennis

4. deanhalter

deanhalter Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2008
    Norco, CA
    Full Name:
    Dean Halter
    I appreciate the kind words, yes that's my car on Bring a Trailer. It's time for me to move on to something else. I like cars and tinkering, so this car was a good hobby at the intersection between the two, but I want to get something simpler for a bit and see how I like it.

I have owned that car for just over 8 years and been a member of this forum for a little more. I would have never attempted what I was able to do with the car without the help of the people on this forum, so thanks to all of you. I have learned a lot and will still be around to contribute...

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    by simpler, you mean non ferrari? basically asking if you'd be intrested in a ferrari V8 model trade (348 or mondi) thanks

6. deanhalter

deanhalter Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2008
    Norco, CA
    Full Name:
    Dean Halter
    A 348 is a really cool car, but with the engine out service I am not sure it's simpler. Am thinking a 60s car like a Mustang to mess around with while I look for a Vantage. Wanna try something different. Not gonna lie though, if you had a 360 I would be tempted....

7. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Just buy the Vantage now. Plenty available at reasonable prices. Get a 6 speed manual.

Today's 60s Mustang is tomorrow's iron oxide. Ask me how I know... :)