koenig competition 1.000 hp | Page 9 | FerrariChat

koenig competition 1.000 hp

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by turbo-joe, Apr 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    after the formula 1 victory with ferrari and vettel I thaught I have to get out of my basement my TR koenig and my BB koenig. today the weather has been not so fine but I had to go into my basement to look for some parts. to reach those I had to move the 2 cars away.

first I switched on the battery main switch from the TR, sit in the car, started, and the engine was running well. I just made a small testdrive around the block - wow, W O W, after long wintertime and vacation I already know now what I was missing so much - the sound and the acceleration. only the same problem between 3100 and 3200 rpm, but this I hope I will find and fix within the next couple of days.

then I had to move my BB: same procedure, battery main switch on, sitting in the car, unlock theft system, turning on the ignition, waiting about 30 seconds until the carbs has been filled, pushing the accelarator 4 times, start the engine, and - engine was turning fine but not starting. so again waiting about 30 more seconds, pushing the accelarator again about 7 times, starting, and - W O W - nice sound. playing then a little with the accelarator that the engine will not stall and after about 2 minutes idling I got the car out of the basement and also did a small testdrive around the block.

really great feeling again, even it started raining again as soon as I have been back in my garage.

next to do will be to clean and polish again both cars because even they have been covered they are a little dusty.

I had so much fun that both cars ran once again without any problems that I wanted to let everyone here to participate in this positive experience

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Bad weather...what's that? We drive our cars everyday in Florida ;) lol

If your cars were just dusty, use a California duster. It will remove all the dust without scratching. You won't have to go through the effort of washing every time you get some dust on them.[​IMG]

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

3. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    #203 BlueBiturbo, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Just my personal stupid idea :

Having a 1000hp car is great but there are newer tech cars which can handle that kind of power with a bit better ECU, gearbox, etc.
    For example, F430TT with 1000 hp

Twin Turbo Ferrari F430 - Underground Racing
    1000hp Twin Turbocharged Ferrari F430 by Underground Racing

This is my ultimate dream, engine swapping that motor into KCE-1000 body. for some people it is a sacrilege to chop a flat-12 and replace it with a V8, but IMHO this is a bit better for reliability .

What do You think Turbo-Joe ?

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    good idea TS,

but:
    in 2 years my TR koenig competition is 30 years old/young and then I can register this car as antique or classic car beacuse it was modified within the first 10 years. so then much less tax and much less insurance. when I put in an 8 cylinder then it is first of all absolutely nothing original ( the 12 cylinder now is modified and that is legal that the car will get antique status ) and also it is no koenig anymore.

so I think it would be better to keep as much as possible from the original and modify only the electronic. the reliability I think I can manage, because until now I spent so much money only for gearbox parts that for this all I spent I think you will get a brand new gearbow at ferrari with the weak parts inside :)

also I don´t like the brand new stuff of technic

5. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    True,

You already spent a lot on gearbox and other important parts.

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Ha ha ha ... ist that HER name Shamily ! :)

7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Haha....I think you're thinking of the shamwow lol

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hi all again,

I´m a member here since 2008 and enjoy this forum very much.

this now has nothing to do with my competition.
    a while ago one of the members here gave me a silver subscription for one year. this expired meanwhile.

just yesterday I have seen that I have again a silver subscribed membership payed by an unknown member. so I would like to say a

BIG THANK YOU

for this.

now I´m able to post again some photos for better explaining if someone needs some help or like to know something.

9. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  10. F40 LeMans

F40 LeMans Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2009
  11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thank you for asking - not now
    still during german wintertime in thailand up to middle april

12. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Bump.

How are You?
    Have You driven Your Koenig lately?

13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I´m so busy the last few minth and also had been again 3 month in thailand that I had nothing done at the car since november 2015

just building here a new garage for me and so the car is tored on a hoist :(

so much to do and so less time :( :(

14. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Nice that You can have long summer holiday in Thailand every year. ��