Independent Mercedes service south end? | FerrariChat

Independent Mercedes service south end?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Apex IX, Jun 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Apex IX

Apex IX Rookie

Jan 19, 2009
    I realize that this is a Ferrari board but I was hoping someone could recommend an independent Mercedes Benz service shop in the South End (Tacoma, Auburn). The car is finally out of warranty and I am not happy with the local Mercedes dealer's service department. Thanks.

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm actually looking for vintage Mercedes service in Portland or Seattle. My 280SE is at MBI right now, and while I'm not unhappy with what they are doing, you can tell that they're not as used to vintage cars as they might have been a few years ago. Or Mercedes parts are really hard to find...

I want to get the sunroof fixed, and they're balking at it. So I need to find the right sort of shop.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I have no personal experience with them but if you are willing to drive to Bremerton there is a small shop with a really great reputation for anything German. I almost took my Cayenne there but tackled the job myself. I know several folks who have had Porsche's and Audi's serviced there. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Helmuts-German-Auto-Repairs/152681104773971

I don't think they even have a website and it's a little hole in the wall shop but I have never heard anything bad about them and they are constantly busy.

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Bob Field is a vintage Mercedes expert. Bob's Benz - 15407 Ambaum Blvd. S, Burien, WA 206-420-4216. Tell him "Ferrari Gary" gave you his number.

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks! I might take you up on that. All is good so far, but this winter I'll be looking at doing some more work on the car.