Ferrari event Monterey 2017 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari event Monterey 2017

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 365GTC/4, Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Ferrari or was it Pininfarina had a Ferrari display there in recent memory but that was only four or five cars, but on the other hand that was atop a huge sort of stage which took a lot of room. If the stage is eliminated and the 70 Ferraris go all the way down to the end of the green, maybe you could fit seventy cars in there. My question is: does everyone who goes to the Lodge area from the 17th onwards get to see these cars at no cost (as they can now see the concept cars) , even including on the 20th, Concours day?

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The 1st hole at Pebble is 377 yards long and at least 100yds wide (rough included). Surely modern Ferrari's have not grown so much in size to make that area a tight squeeze for 70 cars!

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    The first hole at Pebble is right outside the pro shop, which is up the hill to the right from the main lodge looking inland, outside the normal Concours viewing area (which as noted above, is on the 18th hole on the back, or ocean side of the main lodge). It's possible they will have that cordoned off for this, but in the past, that first hole area has been open without admission fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    They cover former appearances at Pebble Beach. This was the site that originally mentioned a Ferrari display commemorating the 70th Anniversary would be in the Del Monte forest but didn't identify where in the Del Monte forest.
    No mention either of Ferrari House, which I gather replaces the Casa Ferrari which was in a converted gas station. Maybe there are two sites called 70Ferrari.com

5. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Get a house, it's the only way to go IMO

6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I just want to know because if it's regular street cars, like 308GTS, I will weigh trying to get there one way but if it's "priceless" cars like 250GTO, I'll try harder & skip other events.. How are cars being selected?

I gather different clubs are asking which members want to display...

7. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #32 328gts1987, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is the map, 1st is just a walk away from the Lodge, 18th is the concourse area on Sunday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I heard it's a stone's throw from the Ferrari display. Rolls and Bentley also have rented mansions for their shindigs. I went to those last year, somehow without a dealer, but this year they're stonewalling in inquiries (maybe because I didn't buy either of their brands)

9. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    BMW also has their `BMW Villa' that is a short walk to the Concours, which I believe is open to all BMWCCA members. It would be interesting to hear more about if Ferrari has something similar.

10. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    The latest story I found on
    https://news.classiccars.com/ferrari-hits-70-birthday-party-set-pebble-beach-concours/
    has this paragraph:

"Starting on Thursday, August 17, Ferrari North America will occupy Pebble Beach’s newest luxury facility at Fairway One at The Lodge. On Saturday, August 19, the day before concours Sunday, Ferraris will begin parking on the golf links in a public pre-concours display"

So exactly which building is the "newest luxury facility?" Are they displacing whatever shop was there before? I can't imagine the golf pro shop giving up any turf. But at leas that answers the previous question I had when they "public pre-concours" as that I interpret to means the public won't have to pay to see the 70 Ferraris on Saturday.

11. dgp

dgp Rookie

Jun 1, 2008
    Any link to the BMW Villa for this year? I couldn't find anything.

12. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Not that I'm aware of. I only knew about it last year because they request I display my BMW in front of it. I'll be contacting some BMWNA folks to see if I get invited back...;)

13. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Pebble Beach took over the property along the left side of the 1st fairway (i.e., along the road). They've added a bunch of new lodging and a mini conference center in that space.

"Removal of the existing 5 guestroom Fairway One House and adjacent Cart Barn and construction of 43 guestrooms over a 149 space underground parking garage. Guestrooms will front the north side of the 1st Fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links directly opposite the proposed Colton Building. This component will involve removal of the existing golf cart storage facility and, if necessary, a lot line adjustment with an adjacent parcel to accommodate the location of proposed structures. Golf cart storage will be relocated to occupy a portion of the underground parking facility."

14. swede

swede Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Has anyone been able to secure tickets to Ferrari Villaggio and the other Ferrari related events in Monterey 2017? It appears they are extremely limited this year.

15. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    They come back every year, including 2017 (confirmed by my `inside' source). But since this is a Ferrari forum, probably best to take BMW discussions offline.

16. 328gts1987

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I hear a north american dealer (+2000 costumers) has got only 24 tickets :eek: this is bad/sad :(

Also I am attending the official 70y ann. in Maranello, same thing.
    If you pay you might (read: ver, very slim change) get in....

Ferrari is not taking care of it's "family"...

17. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Thanks for the news but can you be more specific?
    The display of the 70 Ferraris at Pebble Beach, correct me if I'm wrong,
    will be outside the concours official era (where cars are judged on Sunday) so therefore open to the public as long as you can pay the entrance ticket to the Pebble Beach area.
    Mayve the Ferrari "house"( or some Italian word for house, Casa?) will be requiring a ticket or pass and that's what the dealers are handing out to the selected VIPs...

18. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    If you're referring to the 17 Mile Drive gate fee, that typically is waived during special events (e.g., car week, major golf tournaments, etc). As much of a cash cow that would be to collect the $10.25, it would create even more traffic havoc!

Personally, I'm anxious to see car transporters make their way around the new Highway-1/68 roundabout. Those monsters take over both lanes of 17-Mile Dr while making the corners. The roundabout doesn't look like it was designed with those size trucks in mind!

19. 328gts1987

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    You are correct on all points and lucky as the first fairway is open to public, you can at least see some special models.
    ( in Maranello/September the gates are closed as we understand. No public 70y celebrations :mad: )

casa=house, is open/free when you arrive in Ferrari, correct?

20. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Casa Ferrari is free for Ferrari owners who arrive in their cars, but last I heard, they will not be doing it this year because of the extensive display at Pebble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    There's a VIP hospitality suite that is situated elsewhere that dealers are getting very limited tickets for.

22. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I have talked with several dealers who don't have any tickets. Super exclusive event but I have been assured that the event at Pebble is likely similar to the Casa Ferrari of last two years or close anyway. We can all get into that is my understanding. I hope to see you all there! Cheers!

23. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Ferrari VIP Hospitality tickets were$ 850.00 all
    Sold or given out. Enjoy the display of 70 famous Ferrari's on the 1st fairway at Pebble plus those in the Concours and don't worry about free drinks in a suite, just so you can brag you were there and they weren't. I assume they will display an 812 SF and hide another 1 or 2 for very VIP test drives.

24. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    What about traffic congestion ?
    Someone mentioned due to construction of a roundabout etc, traffic will be even worse then then usual this year ..... I know Hwy 1 is closed but what is the situation around Carmel and Monterey?

25. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    All of Big Sur is now accessible from the north (as of last week). The roundabout at 68 & 1 won't be finished until Sept or so, but I can't imagine they'll be working on it during Car Week. I personally believe the design of the roundabout will contribute to more traffic woes (too many people don't know how to navigate a roundabout...or `a rotary' as they're referred to back east).

In general, traffic during Car Week is bad, and really bad in some areas but that is because of volume and not road construction. Patience is the key word. Simply DO NOT expect you can zip between various events...it ain't gonna happen!