Business Vehicle Financing for the purchase of a Ferrari | FerrariChat

Business Vehicle Financing for the purchase of a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by yudovski, Jul 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yudovski

yudovski Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 17, 2013
    Hi all,
    I am buying a $230k Ferrari and I am looking for a lender who can finance the car under a business loan so it will not show up on my personal credit.
    Another important but secondary goal is to find a lender who can do the prior for a Montana LLC.
    Has anyone here have some experience in achieving this?

Thanks!

2. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    ferrari of north america doesn't show up on your credit - as far as I know.

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not positive what you mean by this, but you don't need an attorney for an LLC, just pick one of the many companies who do this. Registering in MT shouldn't affect your financing AFAIK, but check with your insurance because that can be an issue.

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    You mean.. your business will finance a Ferrari. ;) Why doesn't the business buy it outright?
    "Business Expense".. lol

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2005
    Clifton, NJ
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    well this all doesn't sound shady or anything. IRS is pretty wise to the montana arrangement btw.

6. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Worse still is the states. Other than the tax issue I've been told the Montana thing would be useful to get around smog in some states. But one google search revealed a ton of stories of CA cars with Montana plates getting pulled over all the time. The rule is if you live in CA and the car spends more than 2 weeks in CA, it's supposed to be registered in CA.

7. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    They are targeting out of state plates in VA as well.

See here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mid-atlantic-region-usa-pa-de-md-dc-va-sponsored-competizione/529144-virginia-goes-after-out-state-license-plates.html

8. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Financing a car with a dealer as a business entity is a pain in the ass and doesn't come with any particular benefits that I've ever seen. You still have to sign for it. Typically you get a higher interest rate. And you have to submit all your company financials. Giant pain in the ass and gets you nothing. Buy it personally and write off what you can write off. Makes no never mind.

Watch out for the Montana LLC thing. It doesn't matter what Montana says. What matters is the laws of the state in which it is garaged. If your state expects property tax for it being garaged there more than 180 days a year, they will not care what state it is registered in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    They may be... but what does the IRS have to do with it?

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Pretty easy with Putnam leasing to do. You can expense the business miles only as a business.
    Premiere financing pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    my ferrari was leased through amazon leasing through my business. its a closed end lease where i own the car at the end.

you can google amazon leasing

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Would not recommend Amazon leasing...rates are even higher than Putnam or premiere...

13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry

They are higher but if he cant find someone to do his business lease they will.

Mine ended up being a few grand more over the life of the loan. Not going to sweat that.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Well I just didn't like the John Perrin guy... I ended up going with Putnam which cost me 150 a month less. Will definitely take that.

15. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I was thinking the same thing.

Let us know how this turns out.

16. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The Montana LLC thing was a flash in the pan. All the states wised up to it quickly, not to mention insurance agencies. What to do when you get in a minor fender bender that costs you $50k to fix and another $30k in diminished value. Insurance company checks the state of registration, the accident is 1000 or more miles from Montana and no records of the car being transported to and from semi-annually. Get hit with the repair bill, the diminished value and the property tax bill from wherever you've been driving with it all at the same time. Hello! :rolleyes: :) Probably penalties, too, I'd think. Not to mention it's tax fraud. Can kiss any clearance goodbye. I'm sure people still do it, just keep their cars under wraps 6 months a year, drive carefully. I know I see MT tags at C&C's on occasion. But the ramifications are relatively serious if something goes awry.

17. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ferrari Financial will not appear on your credit report. I've used them multiple times and they don't report to any credit companies.