New GT | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New GT

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by agrun, Jul 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    well if this is a pre-load for it has a retractable hardtop

2. kevinof

kevinof Rookie

Jul 26, 2015
    hmm. yes please. While I love my Cal T HS, the only thing that makes me want more are the looks. Personally, I would like a little more sportscar looks vs the last of the Maserati like looks. Will be interesting to see what they come out with. Hope they keep the current engine as it's a winner.

3. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Did someone say diesel engine? The redline is going to be 5k, then! No good!

4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Jag F-Type and Mercedes AMG GT are a hot segment. Would make sense to offer a car with this size/character.

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OTOH, why bother scrapping with roadsters (... even the Miata is a roadster) when you can have the 2+2 supercar performance segment all to yourself?

The F-Type and AMG GT cannot carry any luggage (shopping) or young children. The Cali has so many personalities and upgrade potential compared to the other two. The other two are pretty much just toys, whereas you can actually do useful things with the Cali and still have fun and look as better than the roadsters - roadsters have ugly chopped-off rear-ends. The Jag and Merc are bachelors' cars... very narrow market... and tend to be lower end.

6. crazyblack

crazyblack Karting

Aug 6, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    New V8GT is 2+2 Seater, considerably lighter, retractable Hardtop (can be opened up to 60 km/h), 600 PS.

7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well, I don't know if they're scrapping the whole Cali idea and removing seats, but honestly, it wouldn't be a big deal if they did.

I barely ever see more than one or two adults in a Porsche 911, even less so in a California. The reality is that Ferrari owners typically aren't having young kids or in much need of back seats. I wouldn't be surprised if the average age of a Ferrari owner is 50. Backseats just don't have much use anymore.

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Perhaps, but for those of us in the 50+ crowd, they're pretty useful for extra luggage. Also, grocery runs and other instances of real life that are made a lot more fun by the prancing horse!
    T

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The Cali back seats are also ideal for the furry, four-legged surrogate children the 50+ crowd prefers. As an added benefit, no disapproving clucks as the mannetino gets switched to Sport & the revs start to climb!
    [​IMG]
    T

10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well, you can judge by the people who post questions regarding child seats for the Cali whether a 2+2 is a big deal. I think most successful people in the 30-45 year-old segment are in their prime and would prefer to drive a Ferrari while they are still young and not already grey-haired... but have a family also to care for. ;)

IMO, unless they are bespoke renditions of prestigious exclusive coupes in the lineup, like the limited editions from Ferrari, roadsters tend to look tiny, cheap and limited in power and capability.

11. crazyblack

crazyblack Karting

Aug 6, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    Yesterday was the dealer presentation. It is, as described, a 2+2 seater.

12. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    What was the title of the Dealer event, as I would like to ask my dealer, but in my experience you need to know which event name to get a response! Was it is the V8GT presentation for example?

thanks,

13. crazyblack

crazyblack Karting

Aug 6, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    I don't know the name of the event. It was a normal dealer day at the factory, which is several times over the year. While this day the car was presented. It wasn't a special event only for presentation of the car.
    My infos about the car are from my dealer.

14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yesterday and today there was an additional meeting for the TOP Dealers only, not for all dealers.

Marcel Massini

15. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Has no rear wheel steering.
    Will have a 7-speed GB (not an 8-speed like the new Bentley Conti GT).

Marcel Massini

16. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    My wife and I take a couple to dinner very often in the California T. The wives sit in the back. I looked at buying a new car and my wife said "no" because it could not carry 4. She does not want to own a car we can't take our friends in.

17. kevinof

kevinof Rookie

Jul 26, 2015
    well I'm in that cat but don't have any four legged friends - However, that back seat is great for storing cases of wine when I stop off at a vineyard on my way down to the south of France. ;-)

it has it's uses.

18. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    The 2+2 is a huge seller IMHO, either for kids or space.

19. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Well then you will be very happy with the new car

20. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I'm glad they are keeping the back seats. Great choice!

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Im glad also. I hope they have a little bit more head protection for the back seats- it was always something that bothered me about putting someone back there.

Frankly, I am really excited about the new GT. I can't wait to see it!

22. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Once you're used to having them, you really miss them -- and you can fit a slender woman back there if she sits sideways (please watch the stilettos on the leather, hon). But seriously, great place to keep a hat, umbrella, bottle of water, overnight bag, etc. I even have a carbon fiber acoustic guitar in a soft case that fits perfectly back there.

23. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree. Ive carried many strippers in the back seats

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Indeed! Our favorite wine shop has a huge parking lot, so we don't mind taking the Cali there. Many cases of French & Italian reds, Spanish tinto, and Portuguese vinho verde have been conveyed home in style in the backseat of our Cali...T

25. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am 40 (2 young boys); this morning dropped off the kids to camp (back seats) and saw a friend that was going to the course with us. He came in his SL and his wife drove the kids in their RR to the camp (he was there for support I guess). His wife looked at him and pointed to me - "get that car the girls can come!!" I would have never bought the CaliT without the rear and right now it fits the kids and the extra set of clubs when I go up to another course with a buddy. Its not super comfy like our FF was but it works on short trips and they love taking it out on the weekends etc. I was mentioning today that I am SO impressed with the CaliTHS that I don't even know if I want to trade it for the incoming Lusso (might keep it), not sure what better package there is out there right now that does everything it does and is a hardtop.

Looking forward to this new Ferrari, a vert with a bit more rear space would be killer! Take my money :)