SCUD pricing guide | Page 75 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ben430scud

ben430scud Rookie

May 23, 2015
    This works both ways. Mine has no stripe and a stripe would have been a deal-breaker for me! ;)

2. PureMichigan

PureMichigan Rookie

Jun 23, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    David
    I couldn't find it with the search function.

Trying to determine fair value for a red, factory stripe, scud with just under 20k miles, no accident history and with a recent major service performed.

Not very familiar with Scud prices other than what I see on cars.com (and there are a lot listed there at wildly different prices).

Thanks!

3. PureMichigan

PureMichigan Rookie

Jun 23, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    David
  4. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    One with the specs that you described would command +200k surely. Scuds are future classics and there will always be a demand for well kept specimens.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    A major service by a Ferrari dealer should not be a deciding factor, as the cost is not very high...perhaps $2500 max to change all the fluids and filters, as well as do all the various inspections.

Mileage will be a bigger factor. A car approaching 20k miles will be much lower cost than one with 6k miles. Good luck in your search

6. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    #1857 Ingpr, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello guys!
    It's been a long time since I posted something .
    Anyway, do anyone knows where I can check how many scuds came artic white with gold stripes and gold wheels?
    The only car I have seen so far with this combo is my car.
    Thanks guys!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    omg, what a great combo, sensational!

Can you share more pics pls? Would be great, thank you in advance.

I've never seen suche a combo, there are many white Scuds but always with the dark stripes and the standard grey wheels.

8. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    #1859 Ingpr, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    Wow what a combo. Love it

10. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Doea anyone know about the Scud for sale at Ferrari of Denver with the leather interior?

11. midengine

midengine Karting

May 7, 2007
    I was in discussion to purchase the vehicle (Rosso Corsa Scud, black interior, 17k miles, price back then was $208,430) from them back in February 2017 pending a pre-purchase inspection.

For one reason or the other (i.e. dealer's trailer truck is on the road, stranded in the mountain, etc.) they could not deliver the vehicle to an independent Ferrari shop for ppi for 3 weeks.

I even offered to have a flat bed truck to transport the vehicle to the ppi facility at my expense which they declined.

I then said ok contact me again when your trailer truck is back in the dealership which they never did so the deal was dead. I never heard back from them since.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with the car just that it was nearly impossible to get it ppi.

12. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    What is everyone's thought on prices of scuds today vs Dec/ Jan

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

13. cozmo920

cozmo920 Karting

Nov 3, 2012
    I have been watching the Scud market since the beginning of the year. They dont seem to be selling to well, and it feels like there is an artificial bubble around them. Many of the cars have changed hands between dealers, and some how the prices seem to keep going up without them actually being sold to anyone...

I have also noticed a small number of cars that have been on the market for over 6 months prices started around $240k and slowly crept down to $210~220.

I personally believe the current market is in an artificial 10-17% bubble fueled by the dealers...

14. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Cozmo, I have been watching them for a while as well. They are def in a created bubble. A good friend of mine is a used car dealer and he agrees. Last I looked there were 41 Scuderias for sale on Cars.com. I know the next three months prices should come down more. I'm looking for a red one.

15. cozmo920

cozmo920 Karting

Nov 3, 2012
    Thanks! I am looking as well and cant bring myself to pay these prices... Just in the past month there was a beautiful 2009 red one. Asking was 209, then it went to another dealer and now asking is 229. Then a few months prior there was another scud asking 209, a few weeks later and another dealer now 233. Just seems crazy...

16. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    #1867 LeoExotic, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Nothing is moving right now and its not going to get any better come fall. The 599's arent moving and when the 488s arrive there will be a ton of 458's. I might just buy something to keep me busy untill I find a Scud.

17. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I would definitely think that anyone looking, time is on your side... ;)
    The two questions are:
    1) Are you okay waiting? Versus driving the car now.
    2) Would you kick yourself if one comes up, spec'd exactly what you want? (even if the price seems $7k to $10k than you wish to spend?) Versus waiting many months or a year from now...or more.

18. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    #1869 koop, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    +1

If you're flexible on condition/miles/specs, then there are plenty of options. But if you're picky like me, the choices are very limited. When I was shopping (almost 2 years ago), I was looking for a red on black car, stripes, red calipers, yellow tach, all alcantara, red stitching, carbon package, <10k miles, 1-2 owner, clean carfax, all books, records, sticker, vip book, etc. When the perfect car finally popped up, I jumped on it. So glad I did considering I have yet to see another one like it come up since.

Regarding pricing... Speciale, CS, Scud are all down a bit compared to last year. Maybe all the good cars have already been bought up and locked away :)

19. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    According to Hi-Bid there have been 5 Scuds brought to auction since the beginning of last year and they have all been bid to $170-182 range. Granted auction cars may not be as clean/low miles.

But I agree with others: Dealers listing scuds for $240+ are looking for a buyer who wants that spec and doesn't care about paying an extra 10-15% above market price for a clean authorized dealer transaction on the car they want.

(Nothing wrong with that - I overpaid for my 360 Spider for these same reasons and don't regret it)

20. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    In Europe there doesn't seem to be much spread i.e 20-30k between potential collectors cars with less than 10K miles and those with 20K miles + which have been tracked (they are meant for this) but sooner or later this spread will grow big time like it did with 993 Turbos

21. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
  22. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
  23. midengine

midengine Karting

May 7, 2007
    $209,000 is very reasonable for an 09 10,000 miles Scud. I personally think the Rosso Scuderia paint in itself is worth extra.

24. boat3

boat3 Karting

Nov 29, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Larry