Salon Privé 2017 | FerrariChat

Salon Privé 2017

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Sir_Ferrari, Jul 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Hello to all FerrariChat members from the UK!

I'm from Munich, Germany and I'm planning to visit London in the last week of August. I'm also very interested to visit the supercar event Salon Privé on the 31. August - 2. September:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/730698227101779/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D
    https://www.salonpriveconcours.com/

I think I will buy a ticket for the "Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elégance" and "Concours Masters presents Tribute to 70 Years of Ferrari". What are your recommendations? On which day I will see the most interesting cars (particularly Ferraris)? Are some of you guys also going there? Please let me know! It would be nice to meet you there! See you!

Best
    Adrian

2. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Saturday is the day for Ferrari...I hope to be there that day...

Paul

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Saturday 2nd September 2017 is the BIG Ferrari day. Strongly recommended. Expect 70+ Ferraris, one for each year.
    I will be there.

Marcel Massini

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    If the weather is good, I will be there on Sat., free ticket from the Ferrari Owners club GB.

5. 575MF1HGTC

575MF1HGTC Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    If you are talking about the 'End of Summer Party' FOC free tickets, the event is on Sunday.
    BTW for the OP there were some unwanted tickets for the Saturday event for sale on the UK FOC website classifieds. Worth a look as they are very expensive!

6. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Thank you guys for your recommendations! The "Concours Masters presents Tribute to 70 Years of Ferrari" is now for sure!

This sounds also very interesting: https://www.blenheimclassicsupercar.com/

I think these are the days to go. I would be also great to meet some F-Chat members there in person! See you!

7. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Can you send me a link? I can't find something: https://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/classifieds/

8. 575MF1HGTC

575MF1HGTC Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    You are in the right place! Go to 'Parts and Accessories' and it's there. Might have been sold already I guess.

9. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    If you are Drivers Union member, please don't buy tickets yet for the Saturday. I will be emailing details out to everyone in the next few days.

10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Thanks Sy.
    I should be there on Sat. one way or another.

I have sent a message to the FOC asking them to confirm the day. The Salon Prive site says it finishes on Sat. which is a bit strange if the club is going on Sunday!

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I get the sense Salon Prive are not advertising the Sunday so they can get as many people as possible to pay the maximum for the other days - the Sunday is then a rebranded final day of the same event https://www.blenheimclassicsupercar.com/

12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Salon Privé ends Saturday evening 2nd September.
    Nothing to do with that other event on Sunday.

Marcel Massini

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    With the greatest respect surely this description suggests otherwise:

"After 12 years organising the renowned luxury automotive show Salon Privé, we have teamed up with Blenheim Palace to host a brand-new Classic & Supercar show on Sunday 3 September"

The same organisers (Performance Events Ltd) at the same venue on consecutive days is hardly 'nothing to do with that other event'

14. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    I found the tickets! Thank you for your help!

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Relax please. I meant to say two separate events, separate names, same location of course. And same weekend on consecutive days.

Marcel Massini