2017 FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 17 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So does Ferrari get extra points for their history???
    Mercedes won 4 times in a row on a track that requires a good engine...enough said!
    Ferrari needs to find power or they will not get anything this year. When Mercedes can unleash some extra horses in qualy every weekend Ferrari might not get any pole anymore...and winning from behind is much more difficult and it will happen more often not than it does happen -> no WCC or WDC this year

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #402 darth550, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Finding more hp will be easy now that they just fired the head of the engine dept

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Funny but a tad unfair

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    2014-Present Mercedes is the most dominant a car has ever been in the history of the sport for a certain time period and it's not even close.

Looks like we're right back to those levels of dominance after a glimmer of hope earlier in the year.

6. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    I also mentioned they should of gotten a new turbo to help also. Thing is though that will cause a grid penalty. They shouldn't of rested on good enough things they should of pushed harder earlier on. Now they have to really play catch up the car is great. The engine needs way more power to complete.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    At least this years cars is a winner. We had worse years

8. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    I agree, but while great car is nice the results speak more in terms of championship results.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Of course

10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

11. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    What baffles me is given the type of financial resources that Mercedes Benz enjoys over everyone else, I'm surprised they haven't run away with it yet ? Are they being told by the FIA or Liberty or Someone to ease up on the onslaught or is Mercedes just trying to get some new pictures to replace the old ones from last year and the year before that etc..of the SILVERS in front of the REDS to decorate there dealership network ?

12. Thtop it thilly.... :)

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Come on, guys, nobody said this was going to be easy. For the FIRST TIME IN 3 YEARS, a Mercedes is not leading the championship. Big empires don't fall in a year, and our guys are the first ones who made them sweat a bit for the first time in the new turbo era.

The chances of defeating them are yet slim, but let's make them sweat a bit more.

15. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Like Toto said over the weekend, this championship will be determined in unreliability. That's an area Merc has been poorer than Ferrari on since the turbo engines came and balances out the small performance advantage they seem to have. It will come down to the last race and that's what matters.

16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Highly doubt that. Hamilton will win 70% of the remaining races and will have this wrapped up with a race to spare. Their car is back to being unstoppable.

17. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Hulkenberg drove for Sauber, Force India and Renault.

He had never shown anything special.

That's why no top team called on him.

He is a journey man, a bit dull too.

18. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Unfortunately, I agree. They just look to be in a different class. They never look on the ragged edge and Lewis just doesn't make that many mistakes. I kept hoping he would just spin out, but it just never happens. Ferrari is going to have grid penalties soon so I think that'll just give cushion to Lewis.

19. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    You've been saying that since the beginning of the year. And Vettel still leads the championship.

20. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yup agreed, if Hamilton has a race like Vettel has just had and vice versa, it's game on, there is still a long way to go yet.

21. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    I really wish they would win but with the lately performance Ferrari not getting poles and just not powerful enough to overtake Mercedes in Baku, Spain, and this race as examples. They will need a huge power boosts to even remotely keep up. They will need of bag of tricks if they will have to beat Mercedes.

22. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    I think one of the problems is that Ferrari wants wins 'too fast' because 'they're ferrari'. a season with no wins or podiums is not acceptable for Ferrari.
    this shortsighted look demands compromises. instead of accepting a year off, perhaps even 2 and accepting somewhere between p3 or p4 and p8 and p9,
    which would put a lot less of stress to the team and development of a single year, and reassign resources and funding on something for the long haul and
    the room to build a stable environment from which a base is built to perform.

instead; NO! MUST.WIN.AND.PODIUM.

they throw loads of money on star drivers, which they then completely stress out and push to the snapping point 'because itzzz Furrraaarriizzz'.
    they throw loads of money on top theoretic engineers, designers, and tech chiefs and put the same stress workload and demand on them. WINZZZ! NOW!
    they throw loads of money to the FIA to get on a good foot and shout 'IF WE DONT WINZ WE OUT!' putting stress to every single possibility they find.
    and in defense and against any form of criticism; 'We're Ferrari!' 'You're FIRED!'.

I've worked 10 years for an italian enterprise in the Netherlands with italian clients, and it is typically the italian way; too emotional. too 'agressive'.*
    Vettel's Baku move you could say is typical there, and fitting for some hothead italian that is offended over literally nothing.
    No offense to the Italians, let that be clear though. It has it's charm on certain aspects but there are things where that doesn't work, and F1 is one of it.
    Be proud of the Red, no problem there. But don't look through pink glasses.

I'm feeling bad for Arrivabene as he's clearly under a lot of stress and pressure and you can see and notice he's really a absolute top cool friendly bloke, but you can almost literally see the Sword of Damocles dangling above him.*

I'm starting to feel it's Pierro Ferrari himself that is responsible for this. I must say that i'm probably hitting lots of shins here but every time i see him and see him talk i somehow slap my face in shame and something almost feel like he hasn't got them all in 100% condition; as in, does he actually have some mental disease? Thing is, Di Montezemolo and Domenicali got sacked, Mattiacci was put in charge for just for holding a seat warm, and personel got replaced profoundly and what's the result? no. change. at. all. So it can only be down to leadership and how the business is being run, and with the management replaced that can imho only mean the problem is higher up even. And i can't avoid but point the finger to an impatient hotheaded Piero Ferrari.*

Say what you want, but Mercedes' approach works. That of RedBull did too, but they're short of a strong engine. Ferrari should take lessons there.

I think this summary is perfect of what ferrari has been doing for the past recent years. Source:
    https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25525&start=645

23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1...this season has already see-sawed a few times where it looked like Ferrari would run away with it, and now Merc is running downhill a bit and Ferrari is on the back foot.

I fully expect the Scuderia to respond in Hungary and we will all be excited about a close battle again.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +27

25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think we'd be mad to put money on ferrari at the moment, I don't think for one minute they really are that much about the WCC, it's the WDC they re most interested in, have been ever since Enzo passed, its the one that gets the most media attention. Hence, Kimi is retained because he is the best number two Vettel could get. Ferrari itself acknowledges that they are not yet strong enough to be WCC, they are looking to have vettel get the max points each race and make the most of the circuits where we are better (rare) or where merc hit issues/grid penalties. Bottles performances actually make this a great strategy, because he hasn't seemingly become a lapdog to elton, he is going very well, and I'm not sure if they try to reel him in that short of nobbling his car, it'll work.

It's more likely Vettel winning the championship would happen as a result of the infighting at Mercedes, a few punts into the gravel, few taps and punctures, as we've been used to before, rather than outright car performance. We are better than the rest, and better than we showed at Silverstone (a very rare ferrari success circuit anyhow, can't remember the last time we had a good race there), but Mercedes have the car at the moment.

Let's see if they can throw it away? If they don't, i might actually put money on bottles getting WDC because he is an unemotional robot monster, like a baby Kimi from 2003. The will be tears and recriminations when he does it