F430 Spider PPI and Questions. | FerrariChat

F430 Spider PPI and Questions.

Discussion in '360/430' started by LeoExotic, Jul 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    I am looking at a local spyder. Older gentlemen owns it. He has had it for about 10 years. serviced regularly at a Ferrari Dealer. Car is clean but he managed to drive over something and scratch the fiberglass under the front. The dealer fixed it but I am wondering if this devalues he car in any way. Also should I have the dealer that always services it do the PPI?

Thanks

2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Scratch to the front bumper is fairly common due to the low profile bumper. Its hard to say whether it devaluates the car....

PPI should be done by an independent mechanic that knows Ferrari. Or take it to the dealer that will charge premium.

For example, on my 2003 360 Spider. PPI from Ferrari of Seattle = $1,000.00.
    On my new 2006 F430 Spider. PPI from Scottsdale Ferrari = $510.00.

You can use those figures as a guide.

Hope that helps.

Dan

3. klointheridge

klointheridge Karting

Jun 5, 2017
    Westchester Cty, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Long

I spent $400 at an independent mechanic that knows Ferraris. Good luck!

Dan, still excited to say "my new Ferrari?" Haha.

4. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I am currently paying about $600 for a pretty thorough PPI on an F430 in the Southeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Good Luck in your search!

If you can, maybe post pictures of the repaired lower spoiler/bumper area.

As others have said, it's very common, and I can say that we have at least 2 getting repaired at any given time. Not usually a big deal and a majority of owners install skid plates after the 1st repair! Does it devalue, it wouldn't to me, guess its up to the buyer.
    I bet you couldn't find a seller that thinks it does... LoL

PPI - It all depends on what you want to know. I usually ask buyers WHAT information is most important to them, and create a PPI around that. If the Dealership or Indi shop offers a PPI outright and quotes you a price, as them to itemize what information they are providing you for that price. At the same time, you can prepare a list of your own and ask either what they would charge to fill it out!

If the Dealership who services it is performing the PPI has the owners permission to share service history with you, then you will have insight that the Indi will not have. For example, if it had just been in for intermittent F1 concerns.. that may be the reason WHY the car is up for sale.....

We have several different inspections, 1hr , 2h, 3h, CPO level, and more.

Cost $170, $350, $550, $850, and up.

Wish you were closer, I'd be more than happy to help!

Once you get the results, you may post them to this thread and get everyone's opinions!

Oh, and one last thing, ask for photos of any failures or malfunctions the inspector finds, it can help with your negotiations!

Good Luck again,

S

KBR54 likes this.
  6. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic

Steve,
    You are one of the good guys on here. You constantly go out of your way and always offer help to us members.
    Thanks for being a part of this forum

-Dominic

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you sir, I'm excited to be in a position where I can offer an opinion that may help!

S

8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Kevin!

Yes, its New to me!

And I still dont have it :(
    Its supposed to be picked up by the shipper sometime this week and hopefully it arrives next week.

See you around!

Dan

9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I agree!

Thanks always for your very informative and helpful inputs Steve.

Dan

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  10. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    #10 LeoExotic, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Thanks for all the help. I scheduled a time to see the car. He sent me the reciept for the scheduled maintenance from Wide World of Cars in NY where he usually gets it serviced. The repair did state " rocker panel, front bumper and wheel repaired. Clear bra installed" The car has 12k miles and is in prestine from what he states. I'm assuming he probably scraped something really low. He did tell me he purchased a Bently recently.